Chanman's projects (6 Viewers)

Got a new railing installed this week for the mezzanine. I put up the old one as a temp railing which was just 2x4's with construction screws and some 45 degree braces. This one's 6x4 posts with 2x4's in between and stained. I wish I could take credit for this nice looking rail but this was hired work. The middle section will be removable with our forklift so it's not properly aligned yet.

2018-04-05 16.16.39.jpg
2018-04-05 16.16.31.jpg

Got a new railing installed this week for the mezzanine. I put up the old one as a temp railing which was just 2x4's with construction screws and some 45 degree braces. This one's 6x4 posts with 2x4's in between and stained. I wish I could take credit for this nice looking rail but this was hired work. The middle section will be removable with our forklift so it's not properly aligned yet.

View attachment 165644 View attachment 165645

I see Oval and Circular tables being built...but this 20' x 1' seems odd? Just hope the dealer isn't located on the far end, I'd need super JUMBO numbers on the cards to see the farrrrrr end. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I see Oval and Circular tables being built...but this 20' x 1' seems odd? Just hope the dealer isn't located on the far end, I'd need super JUMBO numbers on the cards to see the farrrrrr end. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Atleast your players can run the board out 5-6x

Totally LOL'ing, you guys crack me up.

Really need some poly on the posts. Kind of dull. :)

I actually probably will be hitting the whole thing with lacquer. It's a bit tacky and I tend to lean stuff on the railing. I don't want stain to rub off onto a rail or cloth.

A friend of mine is getting bunk beds for his kids and wanted to add a multifunctional bookcase/ladder for the top bunk. With safety in mind we built a handrail for the little one after shop hours on a couple of days. We also reinforced it with lots of corner brackets.

Plastic storage bins can be stored inside.

2018-04-02 19.54.40.jpg

Yes, it screws right to the bed so there's no chance of the whole staircase falling over or a gap forming between the bed and the stairs.
Serious question, how much sawdust have you inhaled over your lifetime? You could probably cough up a table at this point!

I don't know what you're talking about. Our shop is like a surgical lab, absolutely spotless...

I wear a dust mask most of the time. We have a few dust collectors around the shop but there are some tools which don't hook up to the dust collectors and kick up a LOT of sawdust. I think earlier that day we were using a 1/2" router tracing some templates. I'm swimming in sawdust by the end of the day.

I don't know what you're talking about. Our shop is like a surgical lab, absolutely spotless...

I wear a dust mask most of the time. We have a few dust collectors around the shop but there are some tools which don't hook up to the dust collectors and kick up a LOT of sawdust. I think earlier that day we were using a 1/2" router tracing some templates. I'm swimming in sawdust by the end of the day.
I'm not one to talk. My garage has a pretty constant 1/4" of sawdust/grass clippings/dirt in it. My wife doesn't even go out there anymore.

@T_Chan I noticed that you can include USB slots on your tables. Is that for people to charge their phones/devices?

Yep, people just have to bring their charging cables so that they can plug into the USB 3.0 ports. I just had someone else place an order last week wanting the same thing for their 10 player table.

2018-01-03 17.08.19.jpg

Yep, people just have to bring their charging cables so that they can plug into the USB 3.0 ports. I just had someone else place an order last week wanting the same thing for their 10 player table.
View attachment 180668

Do the tables used for your monthly game have USB ports yet? If so I'll need to make sure I bring in a cable.

Thanks,
Grant

Not yet, but I do have a USB hub on my reception counter upstairs with 10 outlets.

I got some new gaming suede that I'm testing out. This is gaming suede #6 (the last 5 have not been up to my standards).

So far so good, I'm hosting tomorrow night and I'm going to be breaking it in and will be playing on it all night (unless I bust early). I tried pitching some cards and low power and it looks promising. It has a slightly higher nap than my current fabric but is very reasonable. The other side of the fabric is actually much fuzzier so I printed on the less fuzzy side. I can flick much harder than shown in the video, it's a medium flick/push that I'm doing.

I got some new gaming suede that I'm testing out. This is gaming suede #6 (the last 5 have not been up to my standards).

So far so good, I'm hosting tomorrow night and I'm going to be breaking it in and will be playing on it all night (unless I bust early). I tried pitching some cards and low power and it looks promising. It has a slightly higher nap than my current fabric but is very reasonable. The other side of the fabric is actually much fuzzier so I printed on the less fuzzy side. I can flick much harder than shown in the video, it's a medium flick/push that I'm doing.

Looks jus as good as the one I got

Tony, do you have a recommendation for a product to help maintain glide over time? I’ve noticed that after a year of use the fabrics seem to have more friction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom