Ceramic decisions, decisions (1 Viewer)

I’ve never understood the fascination with tiki kings. To me, they are one of the worst looking chips I’ve ever seen
I guess you’re not interested in Aztec tiki idols, to each his own. I think they’re ok, but really love the Mexican Dia De Los Muertos chips, because of the great artwork and the culture.
Find a chip that suits you.

I guess you’re not interested in Aztec tiki idols, to each his own. I think they’re ok, but really love the Mexican Dia De Los Muertos chips, because of the great artwork and the culture.
Find a chip that suits you.
I’m Latino - I get it. But they are still terrible looking chips IMO. The pictures are gross, and I don’t like the edge spots. I just said that because a lot of people seem to be big fanboys of them, but I don’t see the attraction. Same for Nevada Jacks.

Not a big fan of the tiki kings or DDLM's, but I do like the NJ Skulls, desert sands, and Black Betty's

Interesting feedback above. I've always liked the Tikis (especially the unique non-standard edge treatment), but have long thought the Skulls were ugly as sin. Never cared much for the print quality or feel of the textured blanks, either.

Desert Sands were close-but-no-cigar category, with denoms that were too small and non-aligned edge spots.

I'm really not a fan of the dead, so most zombie/skeletal type designs carry little appeal for me, including the latest DDLM craze.

I’m the odd one out here - after browsing the BRPro website a million times and ordering samples the tropic oasis are my favorite. I’m going to go with a semi-custom set when their Black Friday sale comes around.

I’ve wavered on which I like best and in the end, to my great surprise, it was the Black Betties. I like the DDLM the most. Tikis are fine too. Not so much the Nevada Jacks and others. I originally discarded the BBs but kept coming back thinking they’d be a fun set.

I’ve wavered on which I like best and in the end, to my great surprise, it was the Black Betties. I like the DDLM the most. Tikis are fine too. Not so much the Nevada Jacks and others. I originally discarded the BBs but kept coming back thinking they’d be a fun set.
Beware...it’s when you like multiple sets that you end up with both eventually!
Actually, what you could do is get one set for cash and the different set for tournaments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom