Wanted cash set with fracs (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip_me_up5

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm newer here and previously had China Clay (Pharaohs) and Ceramic (Venerati's) years ago but sold them off. I'm looking for something different and thinking either CPC's or Paulsons and and recently purchased a sample of CPC Atlantic Club chips which I like.

I'd like to keep my chip set to a maximum of 300 chips and would like the breakdown of either of the below. My budget is around the $225 mark shipped, let me know if you have a set that is around that price.

Breakdown 1

80x .25c
120 x $1
80 x $5
20 x $20 or $25

Breakdown 2 (to keep full racks of $1's and 5's and plays similar):

80x .25c
100 x $1
100 x $5
20 x $20 or $25

80 Paulson quarters (not relabels) could surpass your whole budget. In fact, $300 chips for $225 shipped is pretty ambitious.

But good luck with your hunt!

thx, sounds like im going to need it but have some flex with my budget so not a hard number

Price no object, your going to have trouble with your request.. Here's why:

If someone has a rack of quarters, they're not gonna sell you 80 and be left with 20 useless quarters.

I think your best bet is to build this over time. If you don't have the patience, I think your best option is CPC stock designs where you can get a custom breakdown

I'll entertain all offers below $400 ....new CPC's start out a bit over that number
I think you can find 300 Paulsons for $300... Definitely for $400. But your breakdown is gonna narrow your options quite a bit... I think buying chips too relabel as fracs is your best option, but labels is gonna add 30¢ per chip.

I'll entertain all offers below $400 ....new CPC's start out a bit over that number

Are you willing to design and apply your own labels?

I have some solid vintage ASM DISQ chips which can be milled and I can provide your exact breakdown. 300 chips for $300. Laminated labels with your custom art can be gotten for about 0.30 per chip or $90 for 300 chips from @Gear. That'll bring you to $390, if it's something you're willing to entertain.

Brown frac, Blue dollar, Red five, Yellow twenty

Are you willing to design and apply your own labels?

I have some solid vintage ASM DISQ chips which can be milled and I can provide your exact breakdown. 300 chips for $300. Laminated labels with your custom art can be gotten for about 0.30 per chip or $90 for 300 chips from @Gear. That'll bring you to $390, if it's something you're willing to entertain.

Brown frac, Blue dollar, Red five, Yellow twenty
Does that price include milling? If not, add up to another .95/chip on top of the labels (gear pricing = 1.25 per chip circular milled and labelled). Other vendors may mill for less (you, yes you, Josh Kifer)

225 for 300 chips will get you very used Paulson chips, and probably not in the breakdown you want.

I dont think CPCs start at 400 unless you're referring to Atlantic tournament hotstamps but that will not fit your breakdown.

Cheapests Rounders CSQ with fracs start at $565

Everyone is raining on your day. It can be done, but you'll need patience and persistence.

If you're willing to go with a mixed set, it'll be a little easier. You can do this!

Everyone is raining on your day. It can be done, but you'll need patience and persistence.

If you're willing to go with a mixed set, it'll be a little easier. You can do this!
Yes, it can be done easily with used paulsons and patience, although you’re probably still looking at using starbursts for quarters. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

You started off talking $225, then you said all offers below $400. But consider what a few more bucks do for you.
Instead of trying to cobble together mismatched used clays, you could be looking at something like this. Mint Paulsons for $1.50 apiece. Granted these lady lucks have half-dollars instead of quarters, but you can either just play .50/.50 (which is kinda the same as .25/.50) or dump in a few more bucks and relabel them as quarters. That’s just one example.
I know it can be a slippery slope and I’m not telling you to spend more than you can afford, but you should definitely consider different options at different prices before you just settle for whatever you can get for $300 or $350 or whatever.
925A167B-78C5-467A-B17C-2CEEA813322E.jpeg

I am not sure I have ever seen a set of that quality, with that breakdown, at that price. I don’t recall even one sale where such a set could have been put together, even with relabels.

Ok, here's what you do. Follow these steps:
  • Take your ENTIRE budget and spend it all on the rack of 1s. I know. But trust me, this will work. Find the best rack of 1s you can, without compromise. Buy those.
  • Ok, great! Now you've got the 1s! And they're incredibly awesome! Now keep those and enjoy having them! You'll be amped for weeks!
  • Now that you've had the 1s for a while, the rush is wearing off a little, so you need to start transitioning to the next phase of the plan, which is rationalizing spending more money. Skip a month or two of car insurance, take that money and spend ALL of it on the 5s!! Elevator going up!! You're back baby!!!
  • In another couple weeks, you'll start to realize that you shouldn't have spent so much money on the 1s and 5s. You'll consider selling them. Resist this thought. Instead, and this is the most important part of the plan, realize that you are now pot committed and must now spend whatever else is necessary to get the fracs and the 20s. This is why spending so much on the 1s and 5s actually now paradoxically works in your FAVOR! You can't quit! You're more than halfway there!! So burn the boats you mad Viking and go get some more money! Donate plasma, skip some meals, be creative! And once you have that money, immediately and forcefully shove it towards whoever will sell you the best damn fracs and 20s you can get your greedy little degenerate hands on!! SWEET DELICIOUS VICTORY! I AM KING!!!

...or at least that what I hear has worked for others. So I'm told...

Hello & welcome to the forum! I'll congratulate you on targeting a great set of chips. I will also confirm that it is absolutely possible to build a small cash set (with fracs) that will average $1 per chip. However, under most circumstances, it will require patience (at least 3 months) and relabeling chips.

I'd say that at least every week or so, chips become available in the $1 or below range -- occasionally in the 50 to 75¢ range. You'll have to be flexible with condition, colors and molds, but if you snag say white $1's and blue $1's in that range, then either can become your frac. Finding low-cost $5's and $25's isn't difficult. For a five color splash, even $100's come up in the $1 range upon occasion, and only twenty would be needed. With so much current activity, I'd say that labels will take up to 3 months, if you're lucky..

All that being said, if building a set doesn't interest you, then watch for any set with fracs and pounce on it. Not sure that can happen at the $1/chip price point.

Good luck and definitely post your results!

Everyone else is talking price and futility. I’m here to talk breakdown.

Your second breakdown is far more optimal than your first, for two reasons:
  1. That extra 20 chips are more useful as $5s than as $1s. It gives you much more bank and you won’t miss a barrel of $1s in play.
  2. It is easier to find both denoms in full racks than partial racks.
And when you come around to realizing that you want more chips, we can discuss further optimal breakdowns, but this is a very good start.

I will say that if you like the CPC Atlantic Clubs, you should reach out to @David Spragg since he may be able to accommodate your choice of breakdown, although I’m not sure if CPC is within your budget. Might be worth splurging on, though.

Does that price include milling? If not, add up to another .95/chip on top of the labels (gear pricing = 1.25 per chip circular milled and labelled). Other vendors may mill for less (you, yes you, Josh Kifer)
HI! I'm Josh Kifer!

You started off talking $225, then you said all offers below $400. But consider what a few more bucks do for you.
Instead of trying to cobble together mismatched used clays, you could be looking at something like this. Mint Paulsons for $1.50 apiece. Granted these lady lucks have half-dollars instead of quarters, but you can either just play .50/.50 (which is kinda the same as .25/.50) or dump in a few more bucks and relabel them as quarters. That’s just one example.
I know it can be a slippery slope and I’m not telling you to spend more than you can afford, but you should definitely consider different options at different prices before you just settle for whatever you can get for $300 or $350 or whatever.
View attachment 454763

@chip_me_up5 this is the best deal you’re likely to find right now. I’d jump on this if I were you

Indeed. OP should buy this and sell off what he doesn't need/want and buy/trade for some additional fracs. Done.
It's not that simple - getting additional fracs is easier said than done. And the .50's instead of quarters might be a dealbreaker. No need to overspend for something that isn't right for you.

It's not that simple - getting additional fracs is easier said than done. And the .50's instead of quarters might be a dealbreaker. No need to overspend for something that isn't right for you.
I bet those pink fracs could be traded for some other chips that would could be relabeled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom