Wanted cash set with fracs (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pressure to buy, there will be future chip room sales as well. You could wait for that and probably get chips around that price range as well.

You started off talking $225, then you said all offers below $400. But consider what a few more bucks do for you.
Instead of trying to cobble together mismatched used clays, you could be looking at something like this. Mint Paulsons for $1.50 apiece. Granted these lady lucks have half-dollars instead of quarters, but you can either just play .50/.50 (which is kinda the same as .25/.50) or dump in a few more bucks and relabel them as quarters. That’s just one example.
I know it can be a slippery slope and I’m not telling you to spend more than you can afford, but you should definitely consider different options at different prices before you just settle for whatever you can get for $300 or $350 or whatever.
View attachment 454763
Hey @chip_me_up5, I actually browsed back to this to specifically tell you about this sale, but it seems others already have.

I personally am not usually one who says the normal line of skip the cheap chips and just jump into the good stuff, as I think the journey and the learning and experience is important (even if it ends up costing a few bucks). But this is a pretty legit offering, that can both meet your needs, and if you can scratch the cash together, you can spend it knowing that you won't lose money. If you're ever in a bind, you can come back here, list this for $30 less, and you'll have a line out the door. Just some food for thought.

(oh, and you can easily get color/design matched labels to change the fracs from .50s to .25s)

Are you willing to design and apply your own labels?

I have some solid vintage ASM DISQ chips which can be milled and I can provide your exact breakdown. 300 chips for $300. Laminated labels with your custom art can be gotten for about 0.30 per chip or $90 for 300 chips from @Gear. That'll bring you to $390, if it's something you're willing to entertain.

Brown frac, Blue dollar, Red five, Yellow twenty

Thanks, but interested more in a turnkey set but I now understand that my expectations regarding price was off.

You started off talking $225, then you said all offers below $400. But consider what a few more bucks do for you.
Instead of trying to cobble together mismatched used clays, you could be looking at something like this. Mint Paulsons for $1.50 apiece. Granted these lady lucks have half-dollars instead of quarters, but you can either just play .50/.50 (which is kinda the same as .25/.50) or dump in a few more bucks and relabel them as quarters. That’s just one example.
I know it can be a slippery slope and I’m not telling you to spend more than you can afford, but you should definitely consider different options at different prices before you just settle for whatever you can get for $300 or $350 or whatever.
View attachment 454763

This is a nice set for sure and.a couple people referenced these chips but going to pass for now. I've only been looking for a couple days so going to try to take my time to make a good decision.

Everyone else is talking price and futility. I’m here to talk breakdown.

Your second breakdown is far more optimal than your first, for two reasons:
  1. That extra 20 chips are more useful as $5s than as $1s. It gives you much more bank and you won’t miss a barrel of $1s in play.
  2. It is easier to find both denoms in full racks than partial racks.
And when you come around to realizing that you want more chips, we can discuss further optimal breakdowns, but this is a very good start.

I will say that if you like the CPC Atlantic Clubs, you should reach out to @David Spragg since he may be able to accommodate your choice of breakdown, although I’m not sure if CPC is within your budget. Might be worth splurging on, though.

Thanks for this, I've been going back and forth with the breakdown but now given your advice leaning towards the one you mentioned.

I'm don't even know what BBC's are :)
i see what you did there.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom