CASH SET - Label Poll #2 - Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (1 Viewer)

Please choose the style you like best. Thanks!

• Option #1 - Logo and Denom

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • Option #2 - Logo, Denom, and AFP text

Votes: 41 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is a must if all $5s are out, it’s just less of a hassle to have $20s vs $25s..everyone goes to the atm to pull out all $20s so when we get deep we have all 2 racks of $5s out there (my game) and if you want to rebuy I need to make change, it is not that big a deal I just prefer $20s.. moral of story get more racks of $5s (for my game)

Think it’s becoming less of a problem now, my friends usually just venmo each other haha.

Looks like it’ll come down to which color chip - which is a harder choice! And I guess if you go with 25 you can get a bigger bank with the same number of chips.

Think it’s becoming less of a problem now, my friends usually just venmo each other haha.

Looks like it’ll come down to which color chip - which is a harder choice! And I guess if you go with 25 you can get a bigger bank with the same number of chips.
This is also very true

It goes without saying that everyone’s desires are different … one of us just wanted to talk about how they came to that conclusion. Not Buying is a pretty hard line in the sand. :LOL: :laugh:

In any case, I’m new here and don’t know anything about poker chips … but I do think these will be fantastic!
These chips are going to be about $2.25/each. I don’t spend thousands of dollars on chips unless I am getting what I want. As a result, I don’t partake in most group buys because I am not on board with the design. This is just the nature of GBs: not everyone will get what they want in the design so lots of people opt out. Polls are a best attempt to get the broadest appeal. Sometimes it’s a landslide, and sometimes it isn’t. Just the way it goes.

download.png

aaa-final-cash-AFP-1.png

Curious why most people typically have a split between $20 and $25? I understand $25 is often for tourneys but also have seen a lot of $25 in cash sets
It really depend on how much your top up and re buyin for your cash game, if your rebuy in is $50/$100 as it more typical in Singapore you will prefer to use $25 chip since we dont have $20 notes.

If you buy in is more of $20/$40/$60 then you will have more use for $20 chip

It really depend on how much your top up and re buyin for your cash game, if your rebuy in is $50/$100 as it more typical in Singapore you will prefer to use $25 chip since we dont have $20 notes.

If you buy in is more of $20/$40/$60 then you will have more use for $20 chip

But the yellow chip.... I guess just buy both hahaha then whatever people change you got both ◡̈

These chips are going to be about $2.25/each. I don’t spend thousands of dollars on chips unless I am getting what I want. As a result, I don’t partake in most group buys because I am not on board with the design. This is just the nature of GBs: not everyone will get what they want in the design so lots of people opt out. Polls are a best attempt to get the broadest appeal. Sometimes it’s a landslide, and sometimes it isn’t. Just the way it goes.
While polls measure appeal, they don't measure conviction ... which was the point of my original question.

Americans have experienced this conviction phenomenon in recent presidential elections ... the candidate with the highest votes doesn't always make the most voters happy :)

For example, assume for a moment that nearly all Option 1 voters will now opt out (High Conviction). Option 2 would receive 40+ orders.

Now assume nearly all Option 2 voters planned on buying regardless (Low Conviction). Option 1 would receive 70+ orders.

Regardless of my personal preference, I was just trying to understand the conviction level of Option 2 voters (i.e., would they really walk away from this GB if AFP was removed, and if so, why). All I've received in return is, "everybody makes their own decision" and "not everybody gets what they want" and "that's just the way it is" ... which tells me my original assumption was probably correct.

Does any of this matter? Nope. Does it change anything? Of course not. Do I need to be reminded yet once again that not everybody gets what they want? Not necessarily, but I'm open to hearing it again! As I previously shared, I think both designs are awesome, and I'm grateful for these GB opportunities. I can't imagine the work that goes into them behind the scenes.

While polls measure appeal, they don't measure conviction ... which was the point of my original question.

Americans have experienced this conviction phenomenon in recent presidential elections ... the candidate with the highest votes doesn't always make the most voters happy :)

For example, assume for a moment that nearly all Option 1 voters will now opt out (High Conviction). Option 2 would receive 40+ orders.

Now assume nearly all Option 2 voters planned on buying regardless (Low Conviction). Option 1 would receive 70+ orders.

Regardless of my personal preference, I was just trying to understand the conviction level of Option 2 voters (i.e., would they really walk away from this GB if AFP was removed, and if so, why). All I've received in return is, "everybody makes their own decision" and "not everybody gets what they want" and "that's just the way it is" ... which tells me my original assumption was probably correct.

Does any of this matter? Nope. Does it change anything? Of course not. Do I need to be reminded yet once again that not everybody gets what they want? Not necessarily, but I'm open to hearing it again! As I previously shared, I think both designs are awesome, and I'm grateful for these GB opportunities. I can't imagine the work that goes into them behind the scenes.

Wouldn’t this logic also hold true for folks that voted for Option #1. What’s their conviction level that they won’t buy #2 too?

It could well be that either way 70 people purchase and the remaining 10+ folks on either side who feel strongly about their preferred option don’t. It’s a fairly big assumption that people are more inclined to “less is more”.

The easiest way would be to add a third option to the poll “Just take my money!”

FWIW, for sample of one, me, I’m open to both designs but prefer 2. For sentimental as opposed to aesthetic reasons.

Wouldn’t this logic also hold true for folks that voted for Option #1. Assuming that they wouldn’t buy option 2 because it’s “too busy”. What’s their conviction level that they won’t all buy it too? I have no clue.
Absolutely. The difference, in my opinion, is that Option 1 voters shared their concerns with AFP over the two threads ... it's too corny, too busy (when not viewing on a computer screen), Atlantic City isn't even referred to as AFP anymore, they don't identify with the story behind it, don't like the smaller logo, etc. ... these sound like reasons not to buy to me.

All I was hoping for was to hear the opposing "high conviction" reasoning against Option 1 ... because without that feedback, nobody has a clue. All I got was basically "I just like it better" and "tough luck bud, you lost", which sound like low conviction replies to me.

The easiest way would be to add a third option to the poll “Just take my money!”
Agreed wholeheartedly, and it's the one I would have voted for!

All I was hoping for was to hear the opposing "high conviction" reasoning against Option 1 ... because without that feedback, nobody has a clue. All I got was basically "I just like it better" and "tough luck bud, you lost", which sound like low conviction replies to me.
Seems to me like you've been reading a little too much into some things, and not enough into others. First of all I have seen zero posts of "tough luck bud, you lost". And I did already tell you that the reason I'm going to buy a set is because of the AFP decal artwork. Now logically, should my reason for buying be removed by Option 1 winning, I would revert back to my default of not buying. There are actual reasons posted in this thread and the initial poll thread why people prefer Option 2, but if you want to ignore or dismiss them, that's fine I guess.

Happy you are still getting a set though, these are going to be amazing!

Just re-read the old thread, and sounds like the text is indeed polarizing. Would be a shame if PCF drop out because of it.

A few ideas:
1) Reduce contrast of the text so it still fills the space but not overbearing (which meets the design aspect)
2) Keep just PLAYGROUND - tribute to Atlantic City and syncs with the P logo
3) Just got with WWCD ◡̈ if you know you know

Yes that is a must if all $5s are out, it’s just less of a hassle to have $20s vs $25s..everyone goes to the atm to pull out all $20s so when we get deep we have all 2 racks of $5s out there (my game) and if you want to rebuy I need to make change, it is not that big a deal I just prefer $20s.. moral of story get more racks of $5s (for my game)
100% agreed. I only want $20s in my cash game sets. Even on deep starting stacks, they just work out better. Obviously some will disagree, but that's why a lot of custom designed sets offer both.

Okay, then. Good luck with that.

One thing that I’ve seen over and over and over, which may help your thesis project, is that WAY more people say they are going to/want to participate in GBs and buy chips than actually do. I refer to this phenomena as “chip muscles”, or “look love”, and it’s rampant on here.

Okay, then. Good luck with that.

One thing that I’ve seen over and over and over, which may help your thesis project, is that WAY more people say they are going to/want to participate in GBs and buy chips than actually do. I refer to this phenomena as “chip muscles”, or “look love”, and it’s rampant on here.
Agreed. While I am following this thread and participating in the discussions, this is EXACTLY the reason why I have NOT voted in any of the polls. I'm not buying these chips, so it wouldn't be fair for my votes to sway the outcome of the designs.

Reactions: BNM
We adjusted the black for the AFP text down to 85% so it's not too dark. May even go a little lighter once I do some test prints. It's a secondary element so it shouldn't be as prominent.

The inlay is too loaded.
I would prefer option 1 imo (But it will surely not prevent me from buying).

I find the $100 too much like the $100 of the BJ Pacific Star.

But good point actually should there be a 500 chip?

It depends on the players here.
I no longer play with odd values.
I play almost only in pot limit and with values of 2, 10, 100 and 1000.
So if I buy it will be just to satisfy my compelling need to buy chyps.
It's an old debate here.
The majority of PCF people don't use $ 500 in their game, so no $ 500.
Besides, the $ 500 is useless in cash game imo (I prefer to give $ 100 and $ 1000 in my game)

wouldn't a $1 be useful in this progression? base10?

For playing Pot limit ? yes if you play in blind $1-$1 base 10.
The only use of the $ 1 in a game with pair denom would be if you rake your game.
If the rake is 5%, you need some $ 1 for the rake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom