CASH SET - Label Poll #2 - Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (4 Viewers)

Please choose the style you like best. Thanks!

• Option #1 - Logo and Denom

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • Option #2 - Logo, Denom, and AFP text

Votes: 41 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
OPTION #1 - LOGO AND DENOM

aa-cash-no AFP-1.png

OPTION #2 - LOGO, DENOM, AND AFP TEXT

aa-cash-AFP-1.png

Option 1 for me, and it's not close. With "PARK PLACE" & "ATLANTIC CITY" on the chip itself, the inlay works well with just the logo and denomination. Option 2 makes the chip look cluttered to me.

But, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Option 1 for me, and it's not close. With "PARK PLACE" & "ATLANTIC CITY" on the chip itself, the inlay works well with just the logo and denomination. Option 2 makes the chip look cluttered to me.

lebowsky.jpg

I voted 2 though. I feel like the lable can still work with the text without feeling cluttered. I like the muted, gray look.

Another negative is with the additional text, the logo has to be shrunk down a little. I'm not buying these so not going to vote, but I agree with @cpac54 It's not close.

For me its option 2, it looks more like a chip to me if that makes sense. And i also like the AFP text itself. (reminds me of boardwalk empire and fits well with the theme)
I hope it will win... ah it already did, i meant i hope it will win again ;)

Still remember the weekends driving into AC for a poker bender. That punchline is pretty nostalgic.

I see the cluttered point, think visually I’m #1 but #2 feels right. Perhaps if the font is a dark grey out so it blends a into the inlay? But still visible on close inspection.

Sorry if i missed it, but why is the color matching on the logo not always the base color of the chip?

Edit: i guess its a contrast thing with the greyish inlay

Edit2: cant be only a contrast thing, the black from the $100 chip would be visible for the color matching

Last edited:
Sorry if i missed it, but why is the color matching on the logo not always the base color of the chip?

Edit: i guess its a contrast thing with the greyish inlay

Edit2: cant be only a contrast thing, the black from the $100 chip would be visible for the color matching
contrast and for the $100 keeps it two tone instead of being just black

If the denom text of option 2 is bold while keeping the same height, would it feel less cluttered?

So... Now I gotta spend a bunch of money on these? Thanks! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

All the people who voted for #1 are about to save me a bunch of money. So... Thanks? :p
Legit question: If Option 1 wins, are there really some of you who will pass because you think that design is too clean?

Design preferences aside, if only one or the other was offered, I can see people balking at "America's Favorite Playground" for various reasons. But I'm not sure I understand someone seeing only Option 1 and thinking, "Oh man those are almost cool ... if they'd just put more stuff on the chip I'd be a buyer!"

edit: I voted for Option 1 because I generally lean towards a "less is more" philosophy, but I'm entertaining buying either.

Legit question: If Option 1 wins, are there really some of you who will pass because you think that design is too clean?

Design preferences aside, if only one or the other was offered, I can see people balking at "America's Favorite Playground" for various reasons. But I'm not sure I understand someone seeing only Option 1 and thinking, "Oh man those are almost cool ... if they'd just put more stuff on the chip I'd be a buyer!"

If my pick doesn't win, I am still getting a set. Anyone who thinks otherwise should remember that Gear labels exists. ;)

@aggie Well seems like Option 2 won, but as implied, I was not a buyer with the other one (apart from the obvious sample set).

Now i have to decide whether to get the $20 or $25....
Usually i dont like green chips that much, but here it does look pretty good, but so does the yellow $20..

@Sambukan Last GB there wasn't an option for a $25 chip, so will be interesting to see if there is enough interest to hit the MOQ or not, assuming most would gravitate towards the $20. So I'm glad you like both, I do too. ;)

@aggie Well seems like Option 2 won, but as implied, I was not a buyer with the other one (apart from the obvious sample set).
Yes I understand. Was just trying to understand the reasoning behind it. :)

Cheers!

@aggie Sure, everyone has different needs and goals. I’ve been at this a long time, seen many GB’s and already own several high end plastic chip sets. I wasn’t thinking of getting another set, until I saw that version of the artwork with the black text. :)

@aggie Sure, everyone has different needs and goals. I’ve been at this a long time, seen many GB’s and already own several high end plastic chip sets. I wasn’t thinking of getting another set, until I saw that version of the artwork with the black text. :)
It goes without saying that everyone’s desires are different … one of us just wanted to talk about how they came to that conclusion. Not Buying is a pretty hard line in the sand. :LOL: :laugh:

In any case, I’m new here and don’t know anything about poker chips … but I do think these will be fantastic!

Curious why most people typically have a split between $20 and $25? I understand $25 is often for tourneys but also have seen a lot of $25 in cash sets
Every time we play cash almost no one carrying extra $5s when buying in, almost always $20s only. When all the $5s run out obviously Then I have to get change from someone at the table. $20s are just easier in my games

Every time we play cash almost no one carrying extra $5s when buying in, almost always $20s only. When all the $5s run out obviously Then I have to get change from someone at the table. $20s are just easier in my games
couldn't you just cash up some of the $5s into $25 or $100s to free up $5s if people only want to buy in for $20?

couldn't you just cash up some of the $5s into $25 or $100s to free up $5s if people only want to buy in for $20?
Yes that is a must if all $5s are out, it’s just less of a hassle to have $20s vs $25s..everyone goes to the atm to pull out all $20s so when we get deep we have all 2 racks of $5s out there (my game) and if you want to rebuy I need to make change, it is not that big a deal I just prefer $20s.. moral of story get more racks of $5s (for my game)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom