Wanted Cash Set for 10c/25c Game (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm1leycanadian

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there looking for some help on finding a set for a 10/25 game. Looking for cheaper options, right now am thinking perhaps a card mold order, or relabelling an Apache order. Kind of undecided and want to see what may be out there, open to any help! This is the breakdown I'm looking to play with. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

100 x 5c
150 x 25c
125 x $1
75 x $5
50 x $25

Last edited:
Hey there looking for some help on finding a set for a 10/25 game. Looking for cheaper options, right now am thinking perhaps a card mold order, or relabelling an Apache order. Kind of undecided and want to see what may be out there, open to any help! This is the breakdown I'm looking to play with. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

100 x 5c
150 x 25c
125 x $1
75 x $5
50 x $50
Excellent, welcome. Love the cheap options; are you sure about the breakdown? $50 is an odd choice for a set, especially one that has nickels in it. Id rather get a full 2 racks of $1s or $5s, but thats just me.

Would advise feeling samples of some of the chips you've mentioned, very different chips and processes. Relabeling is fun but doesnt offer the full customization that a Tina order would. Spend some time and grab samples, then go ballistic and order 6 chipsets.

Excellent, welcome. Love the cheap options; are you sure about the breakdown? $50 is an odd choice for a set, especially one that has nickels in it. Id rather get a full 2 racks of $1s or $5s, but thats just me.

Would advise feeling samples of some of the chips you've mentioned, very different chips and processes. Relabeling is fun but doesnt offer the full customization that a Tina order would. Spend some time and grab samples, then go ballistic and order 6 chipsets.
Yea, that was a breakdown I had found in a tread on here a while back. Thought I could maybe find some better breakdowns, but knew there was no better way then to make a post and have some conversations!

Oops, I just realized what I did HAHA. Those were meant to be 50 x $25 chips. Should make more sense haha

Oops, I just realized what I did HAHA. Those were meant to be 50 x $25 chips. Should make more sense haha
Hooo padre, alright got you! Much more doable lol. I did the same thing, got 25 $100s with my Tina set because they were cheap and I need to be ready for that fateful day that Bruce Springsteen accepts my poker night invitation.

Cool! You're right on convos for sure. Youve come at a good time for cheap chips.

A little two cents from someone who started with a 10c/25c game...just play 25c/25c. The game will play the same and then no need for a 5c chip. I would also bulk up the number of $1 chips. They are definitely the workhorse chip in my game.

A little two cents from someone who started with a 10c/25c game...just play 25c/25c. The game will play the same and then no need for a 5c chip. I would also bulk up the number of $1 chips. They are definitely the workhorse chip in my game.
Would you advise maybe cutting the 10c and upping the count of 1's and 25c's by 50 each, then playing 25/25 as you mentioned instead?

100 x 5c
150 x 25c
125 x $1
75 x $5
50 x $25

I think a better break down would be

5c x 100
25c x 100
1 x 200
5 x 100
20 x 20

another ideal would be to make the blinds .25c / 25c and then do away with the 5c chip and your break down looks like

25 x 100
1 x 200
5 x 100
20 x 20

As others have said, if you're going to play 10c/25c just skip the nickels and play 25c/25c. Even in my 5c/10c games people start ignoring the nickels pretty quickly, I'd imagine at 10c/25c they do nothing but post the small blind with it.

For a small setup (400 chips)

100x25c
200x$1
75 x $5
25 x $25

This covers 49 buy-ins at $25. If you bump it to 500 chips, I'd add 75~100 $5s and 0~25 $25s.

Im on the other side, lemme just chirp: when it comes to cheap chip sets, I love having the nickels. Most bigger games wont use them, but if you're planning on buying other sets anyways, I love having the small parts of my set. Kids, beginners, family games, whatever; its helpful being able to have a small decent stack of chips for $5-10. To each their own but thats my favorite part of poker, inviting people who otherwise wouldnt be playing.

My total count is:
300- 25¢
300- $1
100- $5.
I have spread that as far as 14 players. My buy-in is $20-$40. They start with with 20- 25¢, 20- $1 and 3 $5. I have too many quarters. Hindsight, I should have bulked up my $1 or $5 if that helps.
PXL_20230421_012531733.jpg

That would be my advice. Do you have a budget in mind for chips? Also, are you planning to spread just one table or two?
Just one table of a few buddies at first nothing massive, but want to start at 500 so I don’t get stuck having to upgrade too soon lol.
Thanks for the help! The starting stack breakdown helps a lot for sure too. Was planning on doing a $50 max as it’s just a few of my good buddies in college that wanna have some fun

My home game. table with 8 players max, $20.00 initial buy in by everyone, and top ups when stack gets to or below $5.00 at anytime to add an extra $20.00 $0.10/$0.25 Blinds
Starting stack
10 - $0.05
10 - $0.25
12 -$1.00
1 - $5.00

The buy in $20.00 stacks are Typically 8-$0.25, 8-$1.00 - 2-$5.00 - I have 8 of these stacks made up.
We only play for 4.5 hours so I have lots of chips for buys ins.
I have plenty of $5.00 chips in case I run out of the 8 extra buy in stacks

My chips are no-mold Textured Tina, purchased from the monthly Group by of

25 120
1 170
5 80
20 30 if its a soft newbie game

25 80
1 180
5 100
20 40 if its stronger pay to play

If you could do it all over again, what would you think about a breakdown of:

200 x 0.25
400 x 1
200 x 5

I agree with this We haven't played in a while most of us are broke now but this other game my buddy does he does $0.25/$0.50 blinds

I told him look just make it $0.50/$0.50 get rid of the quarters don't think he is having it though lol

when we use to play some people would like to keep some money on the table as well so at a $1/$1 game my breakdown is usually just this

we would play small most times 8-10 people never more than maybe 2k on the table at one time if that couple hundred a person

$1 - 150-200 Chips
$5 - 80-100 Chips
$25 - 20 Chips
$100 - 10 Chips

never put the $100s into play and I got some BCC Grand Island $10s I will use sometimes 20-25 of them I use to make $100s my $10s with little stickers

and sometimes I will make some ghetto $50 chips by putting a little sticker on the $500 chips and making them $50s LOL

got to improvise when you are on the poor side of things

I was never one to like alot of chips on the table it is cool to have alot of chips I find it just slows down the game alot when people have to count out a bunch of chips to make a bet every time

200 x 0.25
400 x 1
200 x 5
That is a great breakdown for those stakes. You could easily spread that across two tables. It would also work if you wanted to increase the stakes of your game down the road.

200 x 0.25
400 x 1
200 x 5
For one table? Too many quarters and $1s and not enough $5s. For two tables? Nowhere near enough $5s.
  • MAX quarters you need for one table is 120. Many would argue that even that is too many. I give a barrel to each of the first 5-6 players, then the rest just get a barrel of $1s and 4 $5s. (I do $40 buy ins for quarter games)
  • 200 $1s per table is plenty. It's a workhorse, yes. But how many times do you bet more than 3 of them at a time? Give each player a barrel at buy in. Then rebuys are all in $5s.
  • Even for small stakes, 300 $5s is better than 200 for a long night's game that might get splashy. I would be uncomfortable with a bank that is not at least double the size of my average game.
  • Even for small stakes games, there is no reason not to have a couple of barrels of $20s or $25s in reserve. Especially if you only have 200 $5s.

For one table? Too many quarters and $1s and not enough $5s. For two tables? Nowhere near enough $5s.
  • MAX quarters you need for one table is 120. Many would argue that even that is too many. I give a barrel to each of the first 5-6 players, then the rest just get a barrel of $1s and 4 $5s. (I do $40 buy ins for quarter games)
  • 200 $1s per table is plenty. It's a workhorse, yes. But how many times do you bet more than 3 of them at a time? Give each player a barrel at buy in. Then rebuys are all in $5s.
  • Even for small stakes, 300 $5s is better than 200 for a long night's game that might get splashy. I would be uncomfortable with a bank that is not at least double the size of my average game.
  • Even for small stakes games, there is no reason not to have a couple of barrels of $20s or $25s in reserve. Especially if you only have 200 $5s.

200 x 0.25
400 x 1
200 x 5
700 x 25¢
1,200 x $1
2000 x $5
300 x $20

Minimum

at this point if you feel you are going to use a lot of $5s you might as well get a barrel of $25 instead of 100 more $5s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom