Cash game (1 Viewer)

dhillonsden

Waiting List
Reaction score
I'm running a two table tournament. On the table that becomes free I'm going to run a cash game to give some people a chance to win something on the night.
What sort of poker set do I need ? Shall I buy a numbered one or just plain.
I ideally would like a starting stack of £15 worth of chips and blinds to stay at 10p and 20p.

Your thoughts are welcome

The best option is to have 2 sets of chips - one with just numbers for tournaments and another with £/$ values for the cash game. This ensures chips from the tournament aren't palmed and introduced surreptitiously into the cash game where their "value" is likely to be much higher.

If, like me, however you can only stretch to one set of chips then you need to aware of what could happen and be watchful of it.

While I don't run cash and tournaments at the same time - I only have a single table - if I did I would ensure that I'm not using the same denominations in both games. So, for example, I'd use my 5, 25 & 100s in a 5p/10p cash game and 500, 1000+ etc in my (T500) tournament. If I was to use the lower denoms in the tournament, T25 say, then I'd wait until they'd been coloured up, and counted, before making them available for cash.

Having a fully custom set also helps manage possible nefariousness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom