For Sale Casa Mango CPC $8 chip (pre-order) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In, please.

And as someone who's sent and received a few singles at times, I'd recommend shipping 1 chip, sandwiched between thin cardboard, in an normal envelope with a USPS Butterfly Stamp, which covers 1 oz. + the Nonmachineable Surcharge, currently 88 cents. (but goes up on July 10). If the envelope weighs more than 1 oz, additional postage is needed per ounce (currently 30 cents more per ounce.)

The Butterfly Stamps are also "forever" stamps, so if you buy them now, they'll cover any price increases in the future.

See this thread for packing/postage tips: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...p-in-small-padded-envelope.44011/#post-819407

The United States Postal Service® requires extra postage, called a “nonmachinable surcharge”, on First-Class Mail letters when an envelope:
- Is square or doesn’t meet aspect ratio (length divided by height not within 1.3 to 2.5).
- Is rigid and does not bend easily.
- Contains items that cause the mailpiece to be uneven.

Thank you! I was going to ask about this here actually. Most of the eBay singles I get seem to come in regular envelopes sandwiched between cardboard and I have never received them damaged.

Is the buttterfly stamp an oversized postage stamp?

Is the buttterfly stamp an oversized postage stamp?
The stamp itself is not oversized --it's about 1.25" square. It's commonly used for thick letters, greeting cards (think wedding invitations with ribbons or other decorations that stick out), etc.

Just buy the butterfly stamps ahead of time and use the stamp and drop off envelopes in the mail slot. No need to take them to the post office counter -- I've had employees at the counter (falsely) claim I can't send something rigid in an envelope without paying the "large or padded envelope rate for shipping of $5".

Weight limit on a standard envelope is 3.5 ounces, but I think 1 chip should weigh around 1 or 2 ounces, depending on weight of cardboard, packing, etc. Each additional ounces above 1 oz needs an additional postage -- just checked, and it's 20 cents (not 30 cents).

Definitely in for one! My wife is from Hawaii, and they have tons of feral roosters running around the island, so this might be one of the few chip pickups that my wife won't roll her eyes at. :)

Thanks, @Eloe2000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom