For Sale Casa Mango CPC $8 chip (pre-order) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eloe2000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Adding on to my cash set and figured I might as well add a fun denom to the set.

These chips have not even been ordered yet. This listing is to get an indication of interest. No money will be due until I have these in hand and ready to ship. It will be a long time. For that reason I won’t hold anyone to a firm commitment but if you dibs in you will get one.

Price: $5 + shipping (I need to look into whether sending in a padded envelope is necessary or if I can send in a basic envelope like those eBay sellers send me singles).

Shipping: US shipping only! Unless you are able to figure out yourself how much it costs ready to pay crazy prices to ship a single chip. I don’t want to get dozens of PMs asking how much it costs to ship to people and answer those questions :)

Casa Mango sits in the genera area of Little Havana, Miami. 8th Street (Calle Ocho) is the main street in the neighborhood and the center of Cuban history and culture in Miami and has had immeasurable influence on the overall history and culture of Miami.

The mascot of Little Havana is the rooster and there are plenty of feral chickens and roosters roaming around the neighborhood. Roosters have a magnificent gold and red and rusty brown color.

Chip is going to have “8st” on the reverse side as opposed to “$8” on the front and final spot colors may vary slightly.

5128E950-637B-4241-B229-9F8DB4761FE5.png

D77353A3-55C0-46D7-8796-76725D4B7C21.png

2233E12B-4FE8-42D7-A1C4-9CAF59391CB0.png

Last edited:
In! (Thanks for the tag @BarrieJ3!)

The mascot of Little Havana is the rooster and there are plenty of feral chickens and roosters roaming around the neighborhood.
This sounds like Oviedo, a little town just a few minutes away from my home. For years it had only one stoplight, and there were always chickens and roosters roaming around that intersection. The town has grown a bit in recent years, but the chickens are still around.

I will never again see a giant fake chicken without thinking, "Knock knock, mother***ker."

In, please.

if I can send in a basic envelope like those eBay sellers send me singles).
And as someone who's sent and received a few singles at times, I'd recommend shipping 1 chip, sandwiched between thin cardboard, in an normal envelope with a USPS Butterfly Stamp, which covers 1 oz. + the Nonmachineable Surcharge, currently 88 cents. (but goes up on July 10). If the envelope weighs more than 1 oz, additional postage is needed per ounce (currently 30 cents more per ounce.)

The Butterfly Stamps are also "forever" stamps, so if you buy them now, they'll cover any price increases in the future.

See this thread for packing/postage tips: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...p-in-small-padded-envelope.44011/#post-819407

The United States Postal Service® requires extra postage, called a “nonmachinable surcharge”, on First-Class Mail letters when an envelope:
- Is square or doesn’t meet aspect ratio (length divided by height not within 1.3 to 2.5).
- Is rigid and does not bend easily.
- Contains items that cause the mailpiece to be uneven.

In! (Thanks for the tag @BarrieJ3!)

This sounds like Oviedo, a little town just a few minutes away from my home. For years it had only one stoplight, and there were always chickens and roosters roaming around that intersection. The town has grown a bit in recent years, but the chickens are still around.

A lot of people still keep them in Miami. Actually two of our friends have coops in the neighborhood. Some people just keep them in their yard and let them wander during the day. Then you just have the feral ones.

My studio is in Coconut Grove which has a lot peacocks. I often find them next to my car when I am leaving. And they like to stay in one of the trees in our parking lot at night. Most people don’t know peacocks can fly and like to sleep at night up in trees or on top of houses. They will scare the life out of you if one flys out of a tree near you and you don’t expect it. Massive!

I will never again see a giant fake chicken without thinking, "Knock knock, mother***ker."

What is this from? I can’t place it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom