Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread (7 Viewers)

I may have also helped with her change of heart on selling our designs - this was a month or so ago. She shared a picture with me on WhatsApp of a large order of Nakatomi Plaza chips on cards mold - I was not amused. I think she was originally just sharing it as if to say 'hey, look, someone else ordered your design, how cool'. After initially kicking off at her, I explained the usual courtesy of the person placing the order should reach out to the buyer first and ask permission/pay a token fee. She agreed to not print my designs without asking me first.

Turns out whoever ordered my artwork saw my pictures here on PCF then went to Tina, decided not to bother reaching out to me first. So this member will make it to my asshat list once identified.

I've since had a few people ask to use the designs which is absolutely fine and alittle flattering :)

Personnally, I'd like to remove my designs from their website :
- ACF
- Vegas Poker Series (Rio WSOP replicas)
- Horseshoe Club (Binion's WSOP replicas)

She can take any order of these given the buyer provides her with a vector file.

So Tina prices go up, to compensate artist.

Tina pays artist a commission. (I don’t have to find them and shoot them a $ tip)

So I can go Alibaba wild and not PP the creators here (as I’ve already done), because Tina will. (And I’ve been charged more from Tina to cover this)

If this works, I’m ok with that, less work for me I guess. I’m buying all y’all’s chips now that Tina is gonna charge me more and send it to you!

This is either a good idea, or we’re about to get ripped off

CHYYYNAAAA

So if your set is advertised on there we can remove it. Tina wants to respect the designers. Also mane sure they're getting paid for they're work.

Going to do my best to assist this.
View attachment 897674

Removed the @Kid_Eastwood wsop set
And the nuts @Himewad from the ads
View attachment 897674

Once again I would like to thank @SeanGecko for all of the work he has done with the many cards mold group buys and also helping others with their group buys and private buys. For those who have not run a group buy, there are many many hours of work and communication that go into this. Way more than you would think. And the repackaging and shipping is a pain in the butt. And while many people are grateful and thankful and many people even tip a bit to help the GB runner with their set, many people are thankless and sometimes even pushy and rude. It’s just an epic amount of work that Sean has put in here and once again he has done something great for the community. Sean is an HOF PCFer.

And very happy to see that Tina & Co. are apparently responding to our concerns which shows some appreciation and respect for us since it certainly wouldn’t surprise me that their (along with any and all of their counterparts) standard MO is to sell whatever whenever.

Tina pays artist a commission. (I don’t have to find them and shoot them a $ tip)

So I can go Alibaba wild and not PP the creators here (as I’ve already done), because Tina will. (And I’ve been charged more from Tina to cover this)

If this works, I’m ok with that, less work for me I guess. I’m buying all y’all’s chips now that Tina is gonna charge me more and send it to you!

CHYYYNAAAA
Not sure how to make sure they get paid. But Tina won't be reproducing anything from PCF.

Since approved at will still be on as an ad.

Still working on it

CHYYYNAAAA
I am very doubtful and surprise and also amused that Tina will be paying the original artist, how are they going to compensate back is another big question ?

They are most likely just charging extra from you to use the artwork that they collected from PCF and ended up didn’t compensate the original artist

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m thinking we will be up charged, and that’s that. It will be to “pay artists” but nobody will see a penny….

I personally think the moment I send anything to China, I immediately assume it’s going into reproduction 10 fold for literally every single Chinese company that holds it. It’s China. It’s what they do.

Yeah, I’m thinking we will be up charged, and that’s that. It will be to “pay artists” but nobody will see a penny….

I personally think the moment I send anything to China, I immediately assume it’s going into reproduction 10 fold for literally every single Chinese company that holds it. It’s China. It’s what they do.
That being say, the 30+ cent per chip are both very affordable and attractive to more budget-concerns chipper

I am also surprise Tina and group haven raise the pricing much ever since Card Mold was first introduced to PCF by @SeanGecko, that was my concern which lead to ordering a BTP set asap on 43mm when it first came out in case of a price raise in future

So if your set is advertised on there we can remove it. Tina wants to respect the designers. Also mane sure they're getting paid for they're work.

Going to do my best to assist this.
View attachment 897674

Removed the @Kid_Eastwood wsop set
And the nuts @Himewad from the ads
View attachment 897674
Nice to know that, I will be trying to ask Tina to remove BTP add as well.

I will let the group know if they will really do as per mention in their chat

I think it probably makes more sense for Tina not step into collecting art fees and redistributing, and instead to only do orders that include artwork files, because not all creators receive direct compensation. I believe @Eloe2000 (and maybe others) allow artwork usage if someone donates to charity. Also, if you're personal friends with someone who has a design who would waive their fee for you, then you wouldn't want to be upcharged unnecessarily.

That also hopefully avoids the issue of old artwork files being accidentally used for a new order that may have the artwork slightly refreshed, if they consistently use the files sent to them for each order.

And it sidesteps any potential issues with having a Chinese company send payments to people, hopefully avoiding foreign income and tax situations.

I think it probably makes more sense for Tina not step into collecting art fees and redistributing, and instead to only do orders that include artwork files, because not all creators receive direct compensation. I believe @Eloe2000 (and maybe others) allow artwork usage if someone donates to charity. Also, if you're personal friends with someone who has a design who would waive their fee for you, then you wouldn't want to be upcharged unnecessarily.

That also hopefully avoids the issue of old artwork files being accidentally used for a new order that may have the artwork slightly refreshed, if they consistently use the files sent to them for each order.

And it sidesteps any potential issues with having a Chinese company send payments to people, hopefully avoiding foreign income and tax situations.
Yeah this make sense. I would trust Tina with the experience built, but I think she just relays the message back to corporate and just follows orders. I not sure you would trust the business ethics of the head boss. They could also dictate how much is being compensated too. This could give them a reason bump up the price a little bit more. The closer price gets to other chips on here, the less attractive these become.

My sister's name is Tina too. Maybe I should get the two of them in contact. :p

One does not simply “get in touch” with Tina…. She must be earned, and summoned from the Card Mold gods.
5D7A980C-C34A-4857-81FA-AE624E91EB18.gif

I’ve only just seen this thread. There is too much for me to go back and read it all but I just wanted to say something.
I have ordered 600 card mold Rio WSOP tribute chips from Tina at Alibaba.com. One of the main reasons I ordered these chips I had to provide no artwork. There are pictures of these chips all over the website so I assumed it was a ‘stock’ design or it was made in house by Alibaba.com. After seeing this thread, that may not be the case.
If I have used someone’s design without their consent I apologize! I had no intention of upsetting anyone. During the ordering process Tina never mentioned it was not their design.
If someone on PCF owns this design please reach out to me in a PM as I’d like to apologize and find out if I owe you any money for using your design.
Thanks
Memphis

I did the "Vegas Poker Series" (tribute of Rio WSOP) design.
I've not done the exact replica of the Rio WSOP design.
And by the way, if you ordered exact WSOP Rio replicas, you may contact WSOP and/or Caesars group if you want to pay someone for the artwork (lol). ;-)

Last edited:
I did the "Vegas Poker Series" (tribute of Rio WSOP) design.
I've not done the exact replica of the Rio WSOP design.
And by the way, if you ordered exact WSOP Rio replicas, you may contact WSOP and/or Caesars group if you want to pay someone for the artwork (lol). ;-)

I’ve sent an email and haven’t heard back yet. If I don’t get a response I’ll just mail out checks to random addresses. That should cover all my bases!
Memphis

I’ve only just seen this thread. There is too much for me to go back and read it all but I just wanted to say something.
I have ordered 600 card mold Rio WSOP tribute chips from Tina at Alibaba.com. One of the main reasons I ordered these chips I had to provide no artwork. There are pictures of these chips all over the website so I assumed it was a ‘stock’ design or it was made in house by Alibaba.com. After seeing this thread, that may not be the case.
If I have used someone’s design without their consent I apologize! I had no intention of upsetting anyone. During the ordering process Tina never mentioned it was not their design.
If someone on PCF owns this design please reach out to me in a PM as I’d like to apologize and find out if I owe you any money for using your design.
Thanks
Memphis
Do they look like these?

If so, no worries…I don’t care…and obviously it is not my original artwork, just something I copied.

Attachments

• E4CE0EF0-6707-40EA-B3B3-794D897BBB5E.jpeg
    E4CE0EF0-6707-40EA-B3B3-794D897BBB5E.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 54722E05-D13D-4617-A82D-954EFD3FBE67.jpeg
    54722E05-D13D-4617-A82D-954EFD3FBE67.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 213
Do they look like these?

If so, no worries…I don’t care…and obviously it is not my original artwork, just something I copied.
Yes they are the ones.
I even asked Tina and she added a 100K chip (this again made me think it was an in-house design). Thanks for being ok with me using your design, it wasn’t my intention to use anyone else’s work.
Thanks
Memphis

Attachments

• CBFEAB8C-0DA9-4629-87AC-B26392D20AE7.png
    CBFEAB8C-0DA9-4629-87AC-B26392D20AE7.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 181
Was/is there a group buy thread for ANITA chips? Been searching and can't find one, if there is one.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom