CARDS MOLD SHOWCASE! (17 Viewers)

No, DBs are from BR Pro Poker. They're 60mm.
Thank you!

Per their website: “The minimum order quantity is 10 dealer buttons if you would like edge printing included. We will accept orders under 10, only with plain white edges.”

So just to double check, you ordered 10+ buttons?

Edit: just below the above quote, there seems to be contradiction: “Customize the edge of the chip with a minimum order of 25 chips. Add text, a website address, denomination, stripes, or whatever else you can think of.”

Thank you!

Per their website: “The minimum order quantity is 10 dealer buttons if you would like edge printing included. We will accept orders under 10, only with plain white edges.”

Edit: just below the above quote, there seems to be contradiction: “Customize the edge of the chip with a minimum order of 25 chips. Add text, a website address, denomination, stripes, or whatever else you can think of.”
10 minimum for edge printing is the special PCF deal. ;)

Thank you!

For DBs from @BR Pro Poker, 10 is the minimum quantity to get rolling edge printing. If you want rolling edge printing, but don’t need 10 DBs, you can always consider joining one of @Himewad ’s DB group buys to help bring your minimum up so you can get the rolling edge done without committing your own order to 10. Other PCFers will order your design to help bring the quantity up. Check it out here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dealer-buttons-and-more-group-buy-q2pcfdbgb.74683/

For DBs from @BR Pro Poker, 10 is the minimum quantity to get rolling edge printing. If you want rolling edge printing, but don’t need 10 DBs, you can always consider joining one of @Himewad’s DB group buys to help bring your minimum up so you can get the rolling edge done. Check it out here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dealer-buttons-and-more-group-buy-q2pcfdbgb.74683/
Love the power of PCF GB.

Too bad no one will want my design (it’s too personalised). I think I’ll just settle for a white edge - not the end of the world.

Thank you!

If you have a custom DB you want to have made and you are not in a huge hurry, wait for one of James' ( @Himewad ) regular DB group orders. The are quite a few DB collectors here on PCF that will buy other people's custom DB designs thereby allowing you to easily surpass the minimums. In addition, I bought extras as gifts for family and friends, and people on PCF that I owed favors too, so yes, I bought more than 10 myself, plus 20 or more that collectors bought.

Reactions: khp

Too bad no one will want my design (it’s too personalised). I think I’ll just settle for a white edge - not the end of the world.

Don’t cut yourself short. You’d be surprised how many community members would want one of your DBs. This may be a poker chip forum, but there are many a DB collector here too.

Don’t cut yourself short. You’d be surprised how many community members would want one of your DBs. This may be a poker chip forum, but there are many a DB collector here too.
+1 to this. I had four custom dealer buttons made in a group buy. Two of them I was pretty sure there would not be enough interest in, and the other two I was 100% sure no one would want. All of them got above the 10 minimum. I think I kept two of each.

If you have a custom DB you want to have made and you are not in a huge hurry, wait for one of James' ( @Himewad ) regular DB group orders. The are quite a few DB collectors here on PCF that will buy other people's custom DB designs thereby allowing you to easily surpass the minimums. In addition, I bought extras as gifts for family and friends, and people on PCF that I owed favors too, so yes, I bought more than 10 myself, plus 20 or more that collectors bought.

yep, there are many DB collectors out there like myself. We can usually hit the minimum of 10 by ourselves, so you could just order exactly what you need. Send me a PM if you want to discuss it further.

To add to what everyone else has said here, you can have Tina do dealer buttons but they are only 53mm, not 60mm. I just had a batch made by Tina myself. They can align edges unlike BRPro but I didn’t take advantage of that feature myself. I don’t think Tina had a minimum but I can check my emails if you care.

The next question everyone will ask is how they compare to the originals...View attachment 727387
Unfortunately I don't have a 5 to be able to compare.
They are really close. The blue on the 25k is the biggest difference. They don't have the florescence of the originals. The colors don't pop quite as much.
But... They are still pretty damn awesome. I am incredibly happy!
View attachment 727391View attachment 727390

View attachment 727392View attachment 727393
Wow, fantastic job on the color matching, that has to be about as close as you're going to get! Thanks for sharing.

The saga has come to a close. My multi table tournament set of Texas Flood cards mold chips is finally complete. Here are the 975 chip batch #4 chips ready to join their batch #1 brethren.

View attachment 727624

This is a small portion that will fit in a 500 chip briefcase for travel - Good for a single table setup, either T25 or T100 base.

View attachment 727625
View attachment 727626

And here is the complete chip lineup. I have the versatility to run multi table tournaments with either a T1000 or a T2000 chip.

View attachment 727627

DBs and Cut Cards round out the set.

View attachment 727628
View attachment 727629
They look great. Were there any in the second batch that were the same as the first batch? How well did they match?

Yes, I have four denominations that were in both batches. I see no differences in them. Colors are identical.
Wow, that is great to hear. I know Sean forwarded information that Tina said after batch 4, something changed in the ink and we might see some differences.

Wow, that is great to hear. I know Sean forwarded information that Tina said after batch 4, something changed in the ink and we might see some differences.
If there are differences, they are pretty subtle. Certainly nothing glaring. I've got them all mixed up now, and can't see any way to tell them apart.

If there are differences, they are pretty subtle. Certainly nothing glaring. I've got them all mixed up now, and can't see any way to tell them apart.
Yeah, I probably was not clear. Batch 4 was the same ink, the batches AFTER batch 4 might show differences.

But, I thought even with all of the same equipment that there might be some differences from one run to another months apart, nice to hear that there was not.

OK, I pulled them out again to take a closer look. The blacks, purples and yellows have chips from both batches. I am seeing a very slight difference in the purples. from the top, the first 19 chips are slightly less bold on the edges, but not really noticeable on the faces. But I had already decided that the purple on these was too dark and too close to the black T100 anyway, and I'm having them all re-made in batch #5. I'm seeing a couple of extremely small differences in a couple of the blacks too, but nothing anyone would notice if they weren't being highly critically examined. I can't even say for sure that they are not differences between chips from the same batch. I would not hesitate to order more of these in a future batch from Tina if I needed them.

20210629_131429.jpg

20210629_132931.jpg

My Casa Mangos were some of the first chips to arrive from batch 1. In April I ordered a small run just for sample sets and also an add-on nickel and winners club chip. They have already been mass produced and should arrive in a month or two. Curious to see how the match up with the originals.

June 2021 sample set and add on run (photo credit: Tina)

5321EE10-AB4F-40AB-9D6D-AABE08907585.jpeg
9913FBBC-D668-476B-AD91-A96D96F0E7CD.jpeg

Round 1 2020 (photo credit: Tina)

8DD3752A-11AA-49A3-A5D1-D0961EEA56D2.jpeg

I need to take better pictures, not in my dark basement. But I was too excited when these showed up at my door last night!

Tournament Set
tourn.set.2.jpg

tourn.set.3.jpg

Starting Stack
tourn.starting.stack.jpg

Buttons
buttons.jpg

Micro Stakes Cash Set
low.cash.1.jpg

High Stakes Cash Set
high.cash.1.jpg

I freaking love the tournament set. I did do a reorder of the purple 500's to make them a lighter purple.

I love the cash set too, but I did make a rookie mistake with the white text on the black background. It's not bold enough. After I submitted the artwork Tina came back and said that it needed to be more bold, so I did that and resubmitted new artwork and I still didn't get it right! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Oh well, zero complaints. These chips are awesome, especially for the price.

I need to take better pictures, not in my dark basement. But I was too excited when these showed up at my door last night!

Tournament Set
View attachment 730463

View attachment 730464

Starting Stack
View attachment 730465

Buttons
View attachment 730466

Micro Stakes Cash Set
View attachment 730467

High Stakes Cash Set
View attachment 730468

I freaking love the tournament set. I did do a reorder of the purple 500's to make them a lighter purple.

I love the cash set too, but I did make a rookie mistake with the white text on the black background. It's not bold enough. After I submitted the artwork Tina came back and said that it needed to be more bold, so I did that and resubmitted new artwork and I still didn't get it right! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You set up the chips like little toilets… haha

1B16314E-E1D6-459A-97CD-A9AFCB94280A.jpeg

The 10k and show’em are my favorites! Very well done! And setting them up as toilets was lost on me until @Pinkdan mentioned it! Hilarious!

Thanks! I agree, the 10K is amazing. It's like a delicious milky caramel cappuccino.

I wish I was this clever, but the setting the chips up like a toilet thing was completely accidental!

After I submitted the artwork Tina came back and said that it needed to be more bold, so I did that and resubmitted new artwork and I still didn't get it right! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, when I worked with Tina to make the text bolder on my chips and gave her the updated design, they sent three proofs of the original design.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom