CARDS MOLD SHOWCASE! (3 Viewers)

I was trying to get close to the original Paulsons (shown below). As you can see they are overprinted into the hat/cane mold beyond the label line even on the originals. In retrospect, I guess the 100's (and probably 500's of which only a few still exist) could have been done in 43mm.

I did consider smooth ceramics, but I think the cards mold adds some character to the chip and I'm not a fan of smooth ceramics.

BCC did a limited run of Vineyard tribute chips that were similar in 2005 - grand labels, overprinted beyond the label line, mold pressed into the label. They had a label that was just a hair too big for my taste, though, as it covered almost the entire face of the chip, but still very nice.

Funny story - but I did get an email back from Tina basically saying "are you sure you want to do this?" and mentioning that the inlays were too large for the mold. I told her that was actually the way I wanted it.

View attachment 965998
w
Agreed. Yours are much better on the cards mold than they would have been on plain mold. Stay true to the original.

Forgot to add, flipping the quarter frac to the $3 chip is also a big improvement over the original solid frac. I think that may have been done before... :unsure:

20220804_231604.jpg

Agreed. Yours are much better on the cards mold than they would have been on plain mold. Stay true to the original.
Forgot to add, flipping the quarter frac to the $3 chip is also a big improvement over the original solid frac. I think that may have been done before... :unsure:

Yes - I have a ton of smooth face ceramic samples but I've never bought a set because I just don't like them much. I came close on the Dia De Los Muertos as I just love the design, but never pulled the trigger. Honestly the overprint on the cards mold looks great.

The original frac chip was pretty boring, and since we play mainly 0.25/0.25 and 0.25/0.50 I just could not see ordering 400+ plain 0.25 chips when I could get some colorful labels and spots for the same price. I didn't think of the Arias $3 but apparently @Johnny5 had the same idea when he made the $0.25.

Yes - I have a ton of smooth face ceramic samples but I've never bought a set because I just don't like them much. I came close on the Dia De Los Muertos as I just love the design, but never pulled the trigger. Honestly the overprint on the cards mold looks great.

The original frac chip was pretty boring, and since we play mainly 0.25/0.25 and 0.25/0.50 I just could not see ordering 400+ plain 0.25 chips when I could get some colorful labels and spots for the same price. I didn't think of the Arias $3 but apparently @Johnny5 had the same idea when he made the $0.25.
Actually, it was my idea to use the Aria $3 and $10 as the quarter and nickel fracs... (patting myself on the back :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )

These were great for my .25/.50 game. Thinking of replacing my $1 chips with harvested Aria $1s. Would you guys recommend?View attachment 967860
Interesting idea. I don't have any Aria $1s, but I have a $3 with is a match for the Aria's quarters. Surprisingly, they play pretty well together. Can you tell which one of these is the Paulson "real" Aria chip? Looking closely you should be able to, but at a glance they are darned close.

Even the chip "feel" is not crazy different. Keep in mind that a barrel of Paulson chips is going to be about 1mm taller than a barrel of cards mold, in case that bothers you.

20220815_135626.jpg

Seriously, the Vineyards are one of my top 5 sets of all time, and these look great on cards mold!
I agree 100% - the Vineyards along with the Big Tops were two of my grail sets. Now that the real Paulson ones have become very expensive, I did a little legwork to get them in cards mold and I'm very happy with the result!

Looks good. I wouldn't mind a cards mold set of Olivia's Poker Hall. Has anyone done that design?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom