Card slide comparison (1 Viewer)

embiggens

Pair
Reaction score
Comparing how cards slide across the table.

Red - Copag, poker size
Blue - Faded Spades v3, bridge size
Black - Desjgn, bridge size

Attempting to pitch all the way to the end of the table and trying to use the same amount of force. Cloth by @T_Chan.
The
Copags fly the furthest like on an air hockey table. Desjgn cards seem to have more friction once it hits the cloth and stops. Faded Spades somewhere in between. More friction not necessarily a bad thing. Dealing from the middle of the table, the Desjgn cards stop short of my racetrack, so nice for the player to pick up. Copags will hit the rail if not caught.

Really like the Redneck poker card database. Maybe @Dix can make a card pitching machine and test coefficient of friction for cards

It definitely seems like with more texture on the card stock, that there's more friction between the surface of the card and the speed cloth/gaming suede and therefore the cards don't pitch as far.

Playing with my Desjgn cards and while they're very pretty I can't see myself using them as, per the op, they just stop dead even on a Chanman cloth. Other cards I have fly so I'm pretty disappointed :(

Copags are ridiculously slick. Even though mine are broken in (dirty) enough that the stack won't slide all over the place on it's own, dealt cards still just slide until they hit something. Even when pitched kinda slowly. Any recommendations on plastic cards for a rail-less table? Want something with just a little slide, but won't fly off.

Card slide comparison part 2,

Blue - KEM 4206, poker size
Green - DaVinci, poker size
Orange - Desjgn, poker size

Still trying to be consistent with the pitch.

You need one of these for consistency

I have one that I bought to help older players. It was like giving them an Xbox 360 with no instructions. Technology is challenging for some.

https://spinettisgaming.com/products/wheel-r-dealer-automatic-card-dealer
That’s a neat little machine!

Copags are ridiculously slick. Even though mine are broken in (dirty) enough that the stack won't slide all over the place on it's own, dealt cards still just slide until they hit something. Even when pitched kinda slowly. Any recommendations on plastic cards for a rail-less table? Want something with just a little slide, but won't fly off.
The Faded Spades seem like middle of road in terms of slide. I think KEM and DaVinci slide similar to Copags

@Dix and his machines was first thing on my mind.... I miss him

On the other note.... You should repet that exercise like 10 time and provide average score....

why haven't i seen this sooner? would you recommend it for people who struggle to deal?

Yes, but it does take some practice. If they were really wanting to use something it does help a lot.
But it is a gadget that emits flying cards. There’s a tendency to misuse it and to make fun of it and also for some to be scared of it.

I’ve always found KEMs to be too slippery, especially if not playing on felt.

Yes, but it does take some practice. If they were really wanting to use something it does help a lot.
But it is a gadget that emits flying cards. There’s a tendency to misuse it and to make fun of it and also for some to be scared of it.
Just another "older player" here, observing that it might be a challenge for a dealer using this machine to set a board or burn cards ... but it might look hilarious!

I don’t like Copag for that, too slippery for me.
I don’t have that problem with my Kems.
But My favourite to play are desjgn, faded spades and Fournier (also like the bycycle prestige but technically these are Fournier too)

Card slide has always been an area of concern for me when both choosing a cloth for the table (gaming cloth vs speed cloth) and cards. In my experience, all cards slide better on a new speed cloth table than a gaming cloth table (I have used both on various re-feltings on my table). But you should also note that card slide decreases on both cloth types after the cloths age (and get used). And that's even with making sure they are pretty clean. The same is true with cards. The more they are used the less they slide. All that being said, some cards have a little bit of texture on their faces and these tend to slide a little less. In my experience, Copags have less texture on their faces and slide the furthest. Modiano Platinums do have some texture, but slide quite far on speed cloth, but less so on gaming cloth. Other types of Modianos that I have used vary in face texture and sliding. Haven't tried others, but the redneck databse indicates the type of texture on each cards face and back and that should correlate pretty well with sliding.

Playing with my Desjgn cards and while they're very pretty I can't see myself using them as, per the op, they just stop dead even on a Chanman cloth. Other cards I have fly so I'm pretty disappointed :(

Changing my mind to being fairly pleased with the cards. Played with them for the first time last night and nobody had any issues dealing them once they'd done it a couple of times. You do have to give them a bit of extra oomph, especially when dealing from the ends, but I don't think we had a card flip over all night doing that.

... and they still are very pretty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom