Canada Post (1 Viewer)

sbp8984

Flush
Reaction score
I wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced something like this with Canada Post

Ordered some chips back in early November from a member here in Canada to be shipped to UK. At the end of November, the ETA changed to 1st December, but that never happened and my ETA changed to "Expected delivery: Item delayed — stay tuned for updates"

Is this post lost or there could still be some hope?

CanadaPost.PNG

Still hope. But frustrating.
The item has probably stopped being tracked entirely. It’ll just show up. Do you trust the guy at the other end?

My gear labels were mailed on 16th November and only just arrived about 5 days ago. It's moving really slow.

So definitely hope left.

Yeah, it's still coming. I had a package coming from Woodstock to Montreal. Everything seemed fine, expected delivery date, progress, etc. Then it all stopped. Expected delivery was removed from tracking, no updates for five weeks, then suddenly, "on its way". Delivered in six weeks.

EDIT: didn't realize you're on the UK end of this. Woodstock to Montreal is about 500km, all in Canada.

Last edited:
Still hope. But frustrating.
The item has probably stopped being tracked entirely. It’ll just show up. Do you trust the guy at the other end?

I am the seller. I lost something once going to France. That is the only thing that has been lost/damaged of all the many many things shipped. I guess going international is just sketchy at times. Hopefully it just got caught up in Christmas rush and still shows up.

Check the tracking on the UK post side (Royal Mail or whatever.) Technically Canada Post isn't tracking it anymore, and I've often seen where the tracking peters out on one side (until one day it's just magically delivered), but there are updates on the other side that shed more light.

I got some labels from Chris and they sat in London for a few weeks before turning up in Glasgow without the tracking being updated.

The Royal Mail is having a nightmare just now so there’s a good chance that the problem is at this end.

Patience, Grasshopper! It can get stuck in Customs on either side of the border, plus with the Christmas and Covid situation, even domestic parcels are taking many weeks for delivery. Have faith, odds are strong that it will arrive in due course.

I recently sent to separate packages south of the of border to members. One tracking number originally had them arriving Dec 19. Then the status comes up with unexpected delay. Hopefully they will arrive soon. The woman at Canada Post said they are experiencing 10 times as many deliveries during this December as compared to the rest of the year.

I've had a package originating in Canada never reach the USA recipient. Lost. Very sucky.

I've had a package recently (like 2 weeks ago) shipped to the user @JMC9389 , and in the worst possible conditions, it arrives there on the eastern side of the continent inside of 6 days.

I've experienced everything in between these two extremes. There ain't ever going to be consistency.

I am tracking a package with the same message, and it was mailed on almost the same day. The funny thing is it arrived one suburb over on Dec 3, and then crickets. Probably fell behind a desk lol

I have 2 parcels in Calgary that have been there for over two weeks with the same message. My sister in law is the post master in our town, the entire Calgary plant was shut down at one point (not sure for how long).

If it says item delayed it’s likely sitting in a warehouse somewhere, and will hopefully start moving again soon. Our postal systems are not equipped for the amount of online shopping this holiday season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom