CAN/US custom 39mm Cards Mold small GB - Production completed (3 Viewers)

Guys, I have an important piece of info that I'd like to share with you. I am sorry if it might change again the plan but I propose these changes always for the benefit of the group. @wolfpack and I have been discussing in the last few days , he is dealing with another manufacturer who seems to propose the same Cards mold blank and uses the same 6-colors printing technology. Edge alignment is fantastic as you can see in the video here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-us-cards-mold-ceramic-group-buy-open.66801/
He has dealt with this manufacturer before and is very happy with the results.

With our current order size, the prices from this manufacturer would be:
- 23c/chip for the 39mm cards mold (potentially 22c if it increases slightly) and
- 25c/chip for the 43mm textured
- 3c/chip for shipping from China to USA

Please let me know if you would like to merge with with @wolfpack.
Personally I am in favor but again this is a team decision. The deadlines would remain unchanged and @vanislander, @Pinesol13 would keep helping @wolfpack as needed. I can share a poll if it is needed but having feedbacks here to start would be good.

Thx!

Last edited:
dealing with another manufacturer
Just keep in mind that it's highly likely (in fact, almost a certainty) that neither of you is actually dealing with an actual manufacturer, but rather merely a distributor/reseller of chips. At best you are probably working with a company that is buying the blanks and doing the on-demand printing, but even that's suspect.

Transparency in China business does not translate.

I was planning on numbering my chips in the .ai file (screenshot as an example below), and then putting the corresponding # in the left column along with the denomination/description of the chip. Is that alright?
Before this gets buried...

as far as I can tell this is fine, ideal even. But as someone who isn't doing their own AI file, I can't modify my artwork file to include my ever changing chip count.

The moral of the story is to try keep the info we need to pass along clear and concise. Mistakes happen in the grey areas so I'm just hoping to minimize them.

Ugh - I wasn't getting updates on this thread. Sorry!

If everybody believes we can trust a new manufacturer(reseller, painter, whatever you want to call them), then I am on board. As long as @Pinesol13 is still doing the reshipping and everything else stays the same.

Also - my artwork is done and I have been kind of keeping it to myself because I'd like to do a pr0n reveal for the majority of the forum after the finished result. I'll of course be sending it to the email provided and whoever sees it sees it :p

Just to vouch for this manufacturer, @wolfpack referred me to them about a month ago and I placed an order (just me, no group buy). Within two hours of receiving my artwork they had already printed a set of sample chips and sent me pictures and videos. Once I confirmed, they had the whole order of 600 chips printed in 3 days and shipped within another 2. 22 days total from order confirmation to arrive at my doorstep today via fedex. I’m out of town right now so I don’t have my hands on them, but they sent me pictures of the final order before it shipped and they look great. They were really great to work with!

Edit: that’s 22 total days WITH Christmas. I was very impressed with the turnaround!

No problem changing the manufacturer...
My document will be ready soon. I'm a nurse, and the second wave of Covid19 is hitting hard, as you know... Had to work during the holidays instead of finishing the details as I intended to do.
Anyway, I'll find the time this week for sure.
Thanks a lot for everybody working hard on this!

Ugh - I wasn't getting updates on this thread. Sorry!

If everybody believes we can trust a new manufacturer(reseller, painter, whatever you want to call them), then I am on board. As long as @Pinesol13 is still doing the reshipping and everything else stays the same.

Also - my artwork is done and I have been kind of keeping it to myself because I'd like to do a pr0n reveal for the majority of the forum after the finished result. I'll of course be sending it to the email provided and whoever sees it sees it :p
the re-shipping would need to be discussed. as far as I can tell @wolfpack was taking care of the re-shipping and payment. @wolfpack any comments?
that being said @PlayerADK your extra cost for reshipping is about 15$ per MFRB. with this new chip cost, you are still saving plenty of money so you should not be worried

No problem changing the manufacturer...
My document will be ready soon. I'm a nurse, and the second wave of Covid19 is hitting hard, as you know... Had to work during the holidays instead of finishing the details as I intended to do.
Anyway, I'll find the time this week for sure.
Thanks a lot for everybody working hard on this!
good luck! thanks for your hard work!

Just to vouch for this manufacturer, @wolfpack referred me to them about a month ago and I placed an order (just me, no group buy). Within two hours of receiving my artwork they had already printed a set of sample chips and sent me pictures and videos. Once I confirmed, they had the whole order of 600 chips printed in 3 days and shipped within another 2. 22 days total from order confirmation to arrive at my doorstep today via fedex. I’m out of town right now so I don’t have my hands on them, but they sent me pictures of the final order before it shipped and they look great. They were really great to work with!

Edit: that’s 22 total days WITH Christmas. I was very impressed with the turnaround!
great to hear thx for commenting!

Guys, I have an important piece of info that I'd like to share with you. I am sorry if it might change again the plan but I propose these changes always for the benefit of the group. @wolfpack and I have been discussing in the last few days , he is dealing with another manufacturer who seems to propose the same Cards mold blank and uses the same 6-colors printing technology. Edge alignment is fantastic as you can see in the video here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-us-cards-mold-ceramic-group-buy-open.66801/
He has dealt with this manufacturer before and is very happy with the results.

With our current order size, the prices from this manufacturer would be:
- 23c/chip for the 39mm cards mold (potentially 22c if it increases slightly) and
- 25c/chip for the 43mm textured
- 3c/chip for shipping from China to USA

Please let me know if you would like to merge with with @wolfpack.
Personally I am in favor but again this is a team decision. The deadlines would remain unchanged and @vanislander, @Pinesol13 would keep helping @wolfpack as needed. I can share a poll if it is needed but having feedbacks here to start would be good.

Thx!
@mnebesny @200 Motels @Regularjohn @TunnelMoney @Teggy @philhut @The Nuts

the re-shipping would need to be discussed. as far as I can tell @wolfpack was taking care of the re-shipping and payment. @wolfpack any comments?
that being said @PlayerADK your extra cost for reshipping is about 15$ per MFRB. with this new chip cost, you are still saving plenty of money so you should not be worried

I was expecting to handle shipping if the group wants someone else I am not oppoed I guess. I expect to work with the vendor since I have a relationship and they have quoted price to me

I was expecting to handle shipping if the group wants someone else I am not oppoed I guess. I expect to work with the vendor since I have a relationship and they have quoted price to me

The only reason I offered to do the reshipping was because it appeared less expensive to ship to the US instead of Canada, and I live 90 minutes from the border. Theoretically I could drive to Canada and reship the Canadian members chips from there, which saved them money. But this was of course on the condition that the COVID border restrictions changed by the time the chips arrived at my door. That is looking less likely to be the case.

All that being said, I am cool with whatever way we go.

I don;t look forward to reshiping, so If you want the haul delivered to you I am good with it.

FYI

This is is the sample of the design I am doing. I also am leaving this open for piggy baking if anyoe wants to order this design

boomtown1.jpg

I'm interested in seeing how this works out. Goes to show how critically important customer service after the sale is. I don't think anyone can deny that many of us in the first GB are less than thrilled with the speed of production and continual missing of promised targets. And then they raise the prices. If this new seller can provide better service and lower prices, I suspect they will get a lot of business from our forum.

Tried my hand at the seating chips. Not sure if this is the final version, but whatever it is I think I'm going to order a set. My understanding is the minimum order per chip design is 25, so I'll have a lot of extras. I'll probably want to keep about 5 sets, so I'll have about 20 extra sets if anybody is interested. View attachment 602870
I'm in for a set plz

Are we still using the Google sheet for tracking? Can someone update mine for artwork complete?

Another weird question, how do we label the quantity of each of our chips? Within the ai file itself?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom