CAN/US custom 39mm Cards Mold small GB - Production completed (18 Viewers)

Hi @The Nuts I tried to add you to our private conversation but it seems like 12 participants is the maximum we can be in PMs, can someone please confirm that? I'll figure out a solution but please consider this post as a confirmation that you are in! I think you are the last member of the group. I need to do the count. Some people have contacted me already without confirming whether or not you were in. We'll accept you but please confirm very soon since we are most probably closing the group now. Thank you.
I am definitely in, just trying to decide the count breakdown.

Hi All
Is anyone interested in getting some bounty/seat number chips as a part of this order? I am, but alone I won't hit the 25 min for either chip. if there is enough interest and we can agree on designs, we may be able to make this work. I was thinking of keeping them at 39mm so they can live in the last barrel of the same rack. I've seen some seating chip art that left the number blank so you can write it in with a sharpie. as a smaller group, I dont think we'll hit demand for >25 "seat 1" chips so a blank would help us get around that. If you're interested, PM me. If there is a enough interest we'll bring the conversation here, but if not, we'll keep this thread on topic.

If anyone is willing to go in on some toilet themed seating chips then I'm in!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

seat yo urself.jpg

@Pinesol13 I would definitely love to order myself a sample set of your chips if you allow me to!!! I mean the other design that you shared. This new one I'll have to think! :p

Just in case you did not know, there are other chips size available for specialty chips. Just keep in mind though that if you order some of them they will have no discount on them and will be more expensive to ship (more weight). You certainly don't want to order in quantity.

@Pinesol13 I would definitely love to order myself a sample set of your chips if you allow me to!!! I mean the other design that you shared. This new one I'll have to think! :p

you got it!

And I just pulled this stock photo from Adobe. But I do plan on trying to make some seating chips out of this, but I'm going to fancy it up a bit.

seating1w.jpg

hoe do you use those seating chips?

They're used for a tournament for randomly assigning seating at the table. On one side of the chip is a number (1-9), you put the chips out with the number side down, everyone picks one to find out which seat they get

ok I assume that you want to be on the left of better players so the need for random seating?

Ok team so I confirm we will stick to the original plan and re-ship from Canada. I was only missing @Teggy and @The Nuts votes but it would not have changed the outcome anyways:
1607907945505.png

Thank you all for your vote and thx to @Pinesol13 and @PlayerADK to have proposed their help!!!
@philhut and @CarrotJuice it is still not clear whether you are joining or not but I'll share you the link in PM to add your chip counts. Please do so quickly.

Folks, please update your chip counts in the google doc as well. We will try to ask for a quote by Tuesday night in order to have confirmation of the chips cost but mainly for the shipping cost. From that I'll estimate a shipping cost per chip (39mm, 43mm, other) and upgrade our google doc for calculating everybody's cost. We'll then collect payments and artwork. It's ON!

Ok team so I confirm we will stick to the original plan and re-ship from Canada. I was only missing @Teggy and @The Nuts votes but it would not have changed the outcome anyways:
View attachment 593369
Thank you all for your vote and thx to @Pinesol13 and @PlayerADK to have proposed their help!!!
@philhut and @CarrotJuice it is still not clear whether you are joining or not but I'll share you the link in PM to add your chip counts. Please do so quickly.

Folks, please update your chip counts in the google doc as well. We will try to ask for a quote by Tuesday night in order to have confirmation of the chips cost but mainly for the shipping cost. From that I'll estimate a shipping cost per chip (39mm, 43mm, other) and upgrade our google doc for calculating everybody's cost. We'll then collect payments and artwork. It's ON!
I'm in progress of getting the design so far I am this far....I need to adjust the label with the different denoms and have the edgespots picked.... A app like classic poker chips has would be so awesome for this...

Attachments

• 7a96e881-acab-44eb-875a-a3e08983e5c7.png
    7a96e881-acab-44eb-875a-a3e08983e5c7.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 120
I'm still looking for an inlay artist. I have some outside of poker friends that are graphic designers but it seems the sites chip designers have a busy workload.

I'm getting close to being done with my artwork. I've been going back and forth on a lot of ideas, but i'm getting there. Should have finalized artwork done before January

HI all

The plan has evolved a lot since starting out as a Canadian based GB. To summarize, chips will land in the US as it is much more cost effective for everyone. @Raphmivey will collect chip and first leg shipping costs. @Pinesol13 will collect reshipping costs and reship. I will send out random instructional messages after drinking a bottle of vino.

The shipping quote for Canada was $1600 by air or $800 by sea, 45 days. The shipping quote for USA was $450 by sea (and apparently shorter ride). Given the difference and price and time delay + the additional 14% taxes if it lands in Canada, going the US route was a no brainer so @Pinesol13 will be our re-shipper in the USA

What we need next.
  • Everyone now has a tab in the shared doc with their name on it. Fill in your denominations and chip counts. @Raphmivey has built in some beautiful formulas that will calculate costs/weight. Tinker with your numbers for now, I’ll warn everyone before final numbers are needed and I lock editing. We intend to give these spreadsheets to Tina to breakdown everyone’s individual order
  • Artwork. Please submit your artwork to me, if you’ve already sent it to @Raphmivey don’t sweat it, he’s forwarded to me. My email address is on page 1 of the shared doc. If you don’t have a designer, please hustle. Nobody wants to be the last one in the pool.
  • After we get the artwork submitted and verified by Tina, we’ll have to pay before they make the chips. I’ll give a couple warnings on the thread to the tune of “final chip counts due in 24hrs” followed shortly by “pay up”. @Raphmivey ‘s contact info is on P1 of the shared doc as well. We’ll use the google doc to communicate pricing. At some point around here I will make the doc un-editable so everyone’s info is locked in. As a relative newb to international money transfers, I suggest looking into your process now, so when the time comes you can just do it.
  • Payment goes to Tina and production starts
  • We wait
  • We wait
  • We get proof of life shots from Tina
  • Order ships
  • We wait
  • We wait
  • @Pinesol13 receives delivery and we shift our frustration to him
  • We wait
  • Reships go out and shortly after we flood the Mail Pron thread
Somewhere between step 1-10 we each figure out the best shipping option for the 2nd leg of the journey, and send @Pinesol13 the appropriate amount of money. Please estimate high, you don’t want an over weight package holding you up, trust me. His email/money transfer information will be on P1 of the doc. With all of that said, keep in mind he’s doing us all a solid, Flat rate boxes are easy. I urge you all to go this route unless there are huge savings in another route.

Per #1, the spreadsheets have some formula built in. The numbers may fluctuate a touch. Example, the exchange rate is fluid, it will be updated to the rate we are being given at purchase time. The rate appears to be good for about a week.

Additionally, it looks like there is a transaction fee that will be applied to @Raphmivey at the time of purchase using credit card. He’s going to look for a way around it, but as it is it’s $156 CAD. We we are going to add $10 each to everyone’s initial payment. This money will be used to cover the transaction fee. Any leftover (or all of it if we find a loophole) will be transferred to @Pinesol13 and used to knock everyone’s reshipping costs down. We’re doing this rather than risking @Raphmivey having to ask everyone for a 2nd payment of $10. It is already accounted for on the spreadsheet.

Sorry for the long winded message, the intent is so everyone can back to one place for info. I was buzzed when I started it (last night) now I’m just groggy.

Is it a problem if I would like to slightly bump up my total chip count (less than 50 additional)?

Is it a problem if I would like to slightly bump up my total chip count (less than 50 additional)?
Not at all. Everyone can play with their chip counts, I know I am. Most of us still don't have complete artwork, which is step 1. Final chip counts won't be required until after that which by my very rough estimate will be January.

As someone who has spent waaaay to much time thinking about this, I might be able to save everyone some time. Get more chips. I'm ordering a cash set and a tourney set. I spent a ton of time researching how I could get my chip count down to the bare minimum. Then i realized the max weight of the boxes will be a factor. If I'm paying $50 for a second reship box, it might as well be more than 1/4 full.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom