BS Chips - How can I use them? Looking for suggestions - win a chance for HSI custom cut cards (1 Viewer)

Ocharacato

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there PCF!!!

I am looking on advise or suggestions on how I can put these (see pictures) BS chips in play. I was thinking on something like show’em, but I would like to explore a more creative way... question to be answered is: How can we call “BS” on a play or player during a cash or tournament? I am open to give the chip a certain cash value in the game so people can collect them during play and cash them out later.... Any suggestion on what to do with them (other than shipping them out to you) will be appreciated.

As a token of appreciation I will run a random drawing (or play some poker hands) to win HSI custom cut cards (to be decided how many) with those members that provide suggestions. See picture below for details.

Thanks PCF!!!

PS. Questions about the GN on the background??

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/beautiful-golden-nugget-2’s-1-rack.74120/#post-1502085

4E5CBC8E-5F8A-4B91-B85F-3CECB38683B5.jpeg
7E5F47C4-6DD9-4231-B433-49AE0CD8190E.jpeg
65CE8285-9858-43F0-AF2E-EC4B4D5552DB.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d use them the same way you alluded to: use the chip when you think someone is bluffing. If correct, you get a small payout from the table (say $5 total). If incorrect, you have to pay the non-bluffer the same amount ($5).

I’d use them the same way you alluded to: use the chip when you think someone is bluffing. If correct, you get a small payout from the table (say $5 total). If incorrect, you have to pay the non-bluffer the same amount ($5).
That is what I was thinking too; maybe buy them for $5 and if correct you get 5 back or 25% if the pot whichever is lower. If you were not correct you lose the chip to the person that was called out.

Exactly like a Show Em chip, but maybe do something fun, like:

1) When heads up, after a fold, use to claim BS to see if it was a bluff
2) When heads up, after a call, use to claim BS to see if it was a bluff, but then win the other person's BS chip if it was
Better explained than mine.... love it.

I would consider a different approach. The bettor is the one that gets these BS chip in play. And the only way for person to win is for someone to call his BS and win the hand.

So using the BS chip is either enticing the person to call with added incentive of winning the BS chip, or it can be used as a powerful bluffing chip. As the caller would have to think the bettor's hand is strong to be using the BS chip.

Either way, you only when when you literally call the BS.

Anyone that folds to a BS Chip bet has to show their hands when they discard.

I never thought I would see a brown chip that I actually liked... LOL

I would consider a different approach. The bettor is the one that gets these BS chip in play. And the only way for person to win is for someone to call his BS and win the hand.

So using the BS chip is either enticing the person to call with added incentive of winning the BS chip, or it can be used as a powerful bluffing chip. As the caller would have to think the bettor's hand is strong to be using the BS chip.

Either way, you only when when you literally call the BS.

Anyone that folds to a BS Chip bet has to show their hands when they discard.

I never thought I would see a brown chip that I actually liked... LOL
That a novel approach; I like it!
Thanks!

I’d caution that whether or not a bet is a bluff is not always clear.

I’d instead throw them as a shame chip to anyone who sucks out on you, as a reminder for them to know how lucky they were and how their current chip situation is utter bullshit

I'd gift them to Robert Shaw's estate.

Was going to say most of above but since it's all been said I've had a think and have an idea that might work and be fun. If you get heads up on the river and someone bets the other player can use their BS chip. The better then has to fold or move all in. If they move all in the other player can still fold. Once the chip is used it goes out of play. Might add a bit of fun and an extra dynamic to the game.

Was going to say most of above but since it's all been said I've had a think and have an idea that might work and be fun. If you get heads up on the river and someone bets the other player can use their BS chip. The better then has to fold or move all in. If they move all in the other player can still fold. Once the chip is used it goes out of play. Might add a bit of fun and an extra dynamic to the game.
Nice variation! I will try it.

I'm not sure I want to win one of those cut cards.. that may lead me down the HSI rabbit hole!

I'm not sure I want to win one of those cut cards.. that may lead me down the HSI rabbit hole

I have your problem solved.... the cut cards can come with a full “no work required” HSI set (cash and 2 table tournament with seating and bounty chips).... later in the week sale will be posted.... sneak peak (case will not be included, but it fits perfectly the whole set)
BTW - cut card inspiration was the 5k chip

72D885B5-590F-45D0-99C4-F0A23AE2E2AF.jpeg

27763C06-39E4-4BBF-AD42-90C7CE596A38.jpeg

Friggin sweet..

I better hurry up and get my 10 posts in so I can participate in classified section!

My budget keeps going up the more I participate in this forum. 11 cents, 14cents, 70 cents, $1... now this.
My fault for procrastinating with my decision. Lol

What case is it out of interest? My HSI cash set is just about to hit the 600 mark and looks like a decent option

What case is it out of interest? My HSI cash set is just about to hit the 600 mark and looks like a decent option
Case is a Pelican air 1485; it can hold 1200 39 mm or in the case of the picture using @One Eyed Dollar stackable 90 chip 43mm racks I have 900 39mm and 270 43mm
For something on between 600 to 800 chips I have the Apache 3800 that can hold also cards and buttons. The picture below is for 600 39mm and 200 43mm, it gives you the idea, for the price this is the best option IMO.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Case is a Pelican air 1485; it can hold 1200 39 mm or in the case of the picture using @One Eyed Dollar stackable 90 chip 43mm racks I have 900 39mm and 270 43mm
For something on between 600 to 800 chips I have the Apache 3800 that can hold also cards and buttons. The picture below is for 600 39mm and 200 43mm, it gives you the idea, for the price this is the best option IMO.

View attachment 701681View attachment 701682
I was ogling the chips and didn't even notice my racks were in the photo until you pointed them out, haha! Those 5ks!! :love:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom