Bring out your Mapes.... ($100’s) (1 Viewer)

AfterTheFact

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
With the few recent finds, I was wondering about the Mapes $100 total numbers.

I know it will be difficult to log the number of singles floating around but who has 10 or more.

I’ll start by claiming my barrel of 20.

Thread is also useless without Pron... Right?
7CC16147-BC09-4250-BB6D-E8EF46F8A2D9.jpeg

There’s a different thread for that. I think David was using this thread to ascertain the total number of hundos in PCF circulation.
Exactly. There were threads alluding to possibly several other racks found. Just trying to get a more accurate count. I never met a Mapes owner who didn’t love to show them off! If there are some new owners out there, let’s see them. ;)

One of the racks was posted for sale on another site. But I would love to see photos of the additional racks @RivieraDanny.

Well folks if it helps there is 312 of them in varying condition in Wisconsin. Since y’all seem to have the incessant curiosity to know what they sold for I’ll say the listing of 195 per chip
Was not paid but a good price was bad. What @Windwalker paid for the rack I sold him is between us unless he wants to disclose what he spent, that’s his business. What the gent who bought the other rack paid is his business. I myself won’t tell what I paid either as that’s my business. They didn’t sell to a user on hpf it was a party that bought from me on the auction site. That all said. The strike I found had 518 total chips in it and where they land they land is not my business to report. Other than a few small lots of other denominations of Mapes and some money tree chips lots which have mostly been traded off I have no others. I have no interest in starting another hard to obtain set and assume eventually will sell them all off at a time of my choosing to a willing buyer of which I’m sure there is no lack of.

Sorry just trying to account for total $100s in the wild (I don’t care what people paid for them). Are you saying you found 518 of the $100 chips total before selling off a few racks?

Sorry just trying to account for total $100s in the wild (I don’t care what people paid for them). Are you saying you found 518 of the $100 chips total before selling off a few racks?
I think that’s what he’s saying. Which would mean you need to add 418 to your total above, since my 100 is accounted for.

I believe my post said total. Not after any sale. 518 total in varying condition I’ve seen that there is 200+ with WW. someone else has a rack. On and on.

How many were produced?? Is there a definitive answer on that?? For whatever reason I was told when putting the pick Hobson 100’s together I wouldn’t find another rack easily but put 2 together in less than a month. How many more racks of chips are in someone’s safe, basement, garage etc?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom