Bridge Size Jumbo Index, Too Small/Large? (1 Viewer)

What is your one setup to rule them all, size/index-wise?

• Total voters
For me as a beginner, switching from the regular all-purpose cheap paper cards, I'm trying to figure out what works best for me. For now, I think I'm quite charmed by the poker/jumbo set up (only 2 pips otherwise to busy), but I've seen some very nice bridge/jumbo (2 pips) as well. I will order some cards to see/test what my preference is.

Slightly off the poker topic, but for those who also play Blackjack, what type/size cards do you prefer?

(I noticed that there's a sort of similar thread taking about playing card sizes: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/which-card-size.83708)

For me as a beginner, switching from the regular all-purpose cheap paper cards, I'm trying to figure out what works best for me. For now, I think I'm quite charmed by the poker/jumbo set up (only 2 pips otherwise to busy), but I've seen some very nice bridge/jumbo (2 pips) as well. I will order some cards to see/test what my preference is.

Slightly off the poker topic, but for those who also play Blackjack, what type/size cards do you prefer?

(I noticed that there's a sort of similar thread taking about playing card sizes: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/which-card-size.83708)
2 weeks ago, I went from normal Bicycles to Copag. Impressed with the quality of plastic over paper, but surprised why the deck was smaller. I then learned of bridge cards. It felt weird to me so I ordered a set of poker size cards. While waiting for those, the bridge size grew on me and I have no reason to use the poker set. Blackjack is no problem at all.

And I just bought some Desjgn decks, if I was impressed with Copag, I'm anxious to see those

I have Copag, Dal Negro, Bicycle Prestige, Angel and Desjgn, but felt the need to try KEMs....wow.
KEM cards have a papery feel on their faces and edges and a flex like no other card I've tried.

I have Copag, Dal Negro, Bicycle Prestige, Angel and Desjgn, but felt the need to try KEMs....wow.
KEM cards have a papery feel on their faces and edges and a flex like no other card I've tried.
I decide to buy a bridge and a poker setup of KEMs, but my faith in them is shakey. I had ordered some before and even right out of the cellophane one of the decks was all cracked. Had to return and get a replacement.

I prefer not to have to be worried about how to take care of my cards that much. I mean I take good care of my Copags, Bicycle Prestige, Fournier-made WSOP 2012 decks, etc. But I don’t stress about keeping them in perfect condition like I do with these KEMs.

I’m hoping my guys won’t love them too much. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Bridge regular index. That size is easiest to hold in your hand and deal. If I have to use poker size then I like the copay export.

Poker (wide) size offers more real estate, so it's suitable for 4 indexes, which my brain likes, as a crippled left-hander (I went to primary school in Greece in 1975, which equalled to 1375).
I am left handed as well, but have never felt my handicap pressed at the card table....please explain.

I am left handed as well, but have never felt my handicap pressed at the card table....please explain.
I mean I was forced to use my right hand to write at school.
Eversince I use my right hand to write and my left hand, ear, eye and leg for everything else.
This has caused some confusion in my brain:)

I mean I was forced to use my right hand to write at school.
Eversince I use my right hand to write and my left hand, ear, eye and leg for everything else.
This has caused some confusion in my brain:)
Oh yeah....got it. Not forced to write that way, but caught plenty of hell for smearing pencil lead across the page.

Attachments

• lefty smudge.jpg
    lefty smudge.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 84
bridge, standard index for cash, jumbo for tournament.

i will never go back to poker size again, good riddens!

I don't think I've seen anybody say that before. Is there a reason?
I feel the same way he does. If I am playing cash, it is usually mixed games so the bridge/standard is preferred with anything over two cards. My tournaments are only hold 'em so it is anything Jumbo index for me.

I don't think I've seen anybody say that before. Is there a reason?

My reasoning behind choosing this relates to the game I host.

I host a soft 0.05/0.10 cash game with a £20 max buy-in. My friends are young, university students who don't really play poker unless I'm hosting a game, or occasionally online.

I would consider my chips "noob-friendly". They're Paulson hot-stamp solids. Simple colours of red for 5p, green for 25p, black for £1, orange for £5.

I wanted to have cards which follow suit with what people are used to growing up with. I use either KEM or Gemaco for that classic feel.

Additionally I am purchasing a circular table (will help the game feel very communal) with a plain green felt. It's psychological factors which I put into place to help the game seem friendly and welcoming to new players which is what any low stakes game should be.

I don't have a good way of describing it, I just consider jumbo index more serious than standard, which is why I bring them out for my tournaments where you can't rebuy at any point.

I don't know if what I've written makes any sense to you, I am just taking a carefully measured approach to keep poker familiar and relaxing to players with little experience

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom