Bridge Size Jumbo Index, Too Small/Large? (2 Viewers)

What is your one setup to rule them all, size/index-wise?

• Total voters

TheOffalo

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I could be wrong but the impression I get is that bridge size cards are more popular here on PCF. For those who play Omaha or circus games, where you have to hold 4-5 (or more) cards, bridge seems especially helpful. But what about the index? Is jumbo too big for bridge cards, especially when holding more than 2?

If you could only use one setup (or at least one combo of size/index) for all the games you play (hold’em, Omaha, etc.) what would you choose?

Edit: The “Other” choice is to indicate something I didn’t list like 4pip or dual index or magnum, if that’s your “one true setup” (not necessarily to list multiple combos though I’m happy to get your opinions on that in addition to choosing one combo only).

Last edited:
I voted other. Poker/jumbo for games with two hole cards like hold 'em. Bridge jumbo/blackjack index (a nice middle ground between regular and jumbo index) for mixed games or anything requiring more than two hole cards. Standard index cards of any size are preferable for checking hole cards but the board can be hard to read for anyone sitting on either end of an 8 or 9 foot oval table.

Bridge jumbo all day everyday for me :) most versatile. Good for mixed games, good enough for holdem jumbo index helpful for if you have older players or anyone with sight issues.

I’m hoping to get a setup of bridge/jumbo cards to try at my next live game.

Right now I only have bridge/regular and poker/regular, and I have some poker/jumbo decks coming.

I voted other. Poker/jumbo for games with two hole cards like hold 'em. Bridge jumbo/blackjack index (a nice middle ground between regular and jumbo index) for mixed games or anything requiring more than two hole cards. Standard index cards of any size are preferable for checking hole cards but the board can be hard to read for anyone sitting on either end of an 8 or 9 foot oval table.
Thanks, I appreciate and agree with your reasonings, and I’d bring different decks for different situations too, but the exercise was to force yourself pick one best (or least worst) size/index combo. ;)

Depends on game and number of players and if there is designated dealer
But what if you were forced to pick one size/index combo to use for the rest of your life? Yes, this is a rather silly hypothetical questions.

I have big hands (nope, not bragging), so I prefer Poker size. My eyes are old (as is everything else in my body), so Jumbo is ok when the flop is at the far end of the table, but I prefer Standard because with Jumbo I have to lift the cards much higher to see the suits in the hole cards.

Get a deck of bridge jumbo cards, reduce index size by 30% and you set for life at any game.
I totally want "blackjack" index (if that's the right term for a size in between standard/regular and jumbo--if it's not, let me know what'd be more correct) to be more popular/available!

I think combo depends on what games you play more. For holdem and stud - poker/jumbo, bridge/jumbo feel like same for me. For omaha and draw games i whould go bridge/regular. Because i play more draw games, i whould choose bridge/regular. But in my chip case i always have poker/jumbo and bridge/regular with 5 racks of non denom limit chips and a rack with workhorse no limit cash set chips.

Have anyone ever thought about of psychological impact of jumbo index?

Whenever I play standard index I play tighter and make more correct hands selection.
Jumbo makes me play almost any two cards.

Funny an unprofessional...

For me, poker / jumbo if we only ever played hold'em. Since it would have to cover any game, I voted poker / regular. I've tried bridge size, and I'm just more comfortable with poker size.

Why the sad-face reaction to this post, @kerami?

Have anyone ever thought about of psychological impact of jumbo index?

Whenever I play standard index I play tighter and make more correct hands selection.
Jumbo makes me play almost any two cards.

Funny an unprofessional...

Funny you should say that, I was looking at reviews for these Copag Neo bridge/jumbo:

1637958571229.png

And one of the reviews said playing w/jumbo index cards make it seem like a kids game:

1637958481077.png

So there may be something to jumbos having a psychological impact, @surfik!

Poker (wide) size offers more real estate, so it's suitable for 4 indexes, which my brain likes, as a crippled left-hander (I went to primary school in Greece in 1975, which equalled to 1375).

Bridge size is a lot easier to shuffle, especially for women's hands. It's also easier for 3-hole card or 4-hole card games (God forbid).

So, I 'm split when it comes to card width.

Where I 'm adamant is about index size. People over 50 like me, just CAN'T see the "normal" indexes.
So, Jumbo all the way.

Bonus: A nice Greek Aviators' joke (Aviators are deservedly obssessed with their sight):
"The man who uses his genitals to read [takes a written text down to that distance from his head] has to get laid eye-wise only".

@kerami 's face is always sad at the poker table, by the way.
Even when he wins with set over two pair, his face is still sad 'cause he' s taking his friends' money.:)
When he looses flush over flush, he is still sad to loose his money to his friends.:p
His sad and thoughtful look is the most consistent countenance I 've encountered in any poker game I 've played in.:tup:
We need to play soon.:)

Forgot to mention that the future is inevitably 4-color decks (with a light blue for diamonds and a light green for clubs).
We shall prevail.:p
My regular poker buddies (all over 50 except me) would probably welcome the jumbo index, but I think there would be a revolt if I tried to introduce a 4-color deck.

Got some 4-pip cards recently and will try them at the next game. Expecting some complaints. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the same reaction as in Imperial against Metric.
Habit against Reason.
Keep pushing, though:)

I'm a bridge jumbo guy all the way.
I've just never accepted the arguments against jumbo. If you think jumbo indexes are just plain stupid looking, fine, I can't argue with that. But the argument I've seen from time to time, that you have to pick your cards up too far to peek at jumbo indexes - I dunno, maybe I'll have to do an experiment, because I just can't imagine there's THAT much of a difference. I've certainly played plenty with both, and I've never felt less secure with jumbo.

Is there any consensus if the smaller surface area of a bridge-size card makes it more or less likely to warp for cellulose-acetate cards?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom