Brand New Royals (2 Viewers)

PostalPoker2012

Sitting Out
Reaction score
40F79630-BC27-4F52-959D-5E1D044FABBF.jpeg

Brand spankin new. My plan is to dump inside a bucket of dish soap, swish around. Take out, and dry. Then tomorrow either do the water and mineral oil bucket challenge or possibly the compression oiling or maybe a hybrid of both. Thoughts and suggestions?

Idk if I’d feel comfortable submerging chips with glued inlays in water or water/oil mix. Personally I’d do each chip one by one with a damp towel.

Idk if I’d feel comfortable submerging chips with glued inlays in water or water/oil mix. Personally I’d do each chip one by one with a damp towel.
I think also its quit an aggressive approach how ever I think the labels will stick to the chip as long as they are not too long in the water.

I would definitely oil these by hand. With only 400 chips its not a big deal.

I scrubbed mine pretty thoroughly with soapy water when I first got mine. They were totally fine no labels came off or anything

I scrubbed mine pretty thoroughly with soapy water when I first got mine. They were totally fine no labels came off or anything
Did your Royals smell before washing / smell your Royals after the washing less?

Did your Royals smell before washing / smell your Royals after the washing less?
Mine certainly did. Washing helped, but so did the mineral oil & air dry. Eventually, it pretty much goes away altogether I think, my older samples don't smell at all

Yea I joined not too long ago to get as much info as I could about all things chip related. Found out about it through some people I watch on YouTube. Definitely happy with the choice I made. Probably won’t ever buy anything super crazy but it’s cool to see what’s out there.

Yea I joined not too long ago to get as much info as I could about all things chip related. Found out about it through some people I watch on YouTube. Definitely happy with the choice I made. Probably won’t ever buy anything super crazy but it’s cool to see what’s out there.
I’m the same. I have my set of ceramics that I love and I’ll probably get one more good set one of these days. Never going to get anything insanely high end. But I love looking at the classifieds. Chris and hobbyphilic on YouTube sent me here. Love their videos and enthusiasm for chips.

I’m the same. I have my set of ceramics that I love and I’ll probably get one more good set one of these days. Never going to get anything insanely high end. But I love looking at the classifieds. Chris and hobbyphilic on YouTube sent me here. Love their videos and enthusiasm for chips.
Yup that’s exactly who I watch too.

View attachment 797130
Brand spankin new. My plan is to dump inside a bucket of dish soap, swish around. Take out, and dry. Then tomorrow either do the water and mineral oil bucket challenge or possibly the compression oiling or maybe a hybrid of both. Thoughts and suggestions?

Attachments

• D58D925F-C904-4A36-90DD-E7DF0A3716F0.jpeg
    D58D925F-C904-4A36-90DD-E7DF0A3716F0.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 157
That looks awesome. Out of curiosity and being new, what benefit does oiling do?

I done 500 milanos this way. Only had 3 labels come away from the chips. A good success rate i would say

That looks awesome. Out of curiosity and being new, what benefit does oiling do?
I think ultimately it is just to make them look more “attractive”. Possibly makes them easier to shuffle. Also cleaning them gets off the chalkiness that the brand new China clays come with. It is definitely not a necessity to oil them, but they do look better. You can probably get the same effect by playing a few games with other people and letting their natural oily hands all over them. But I really wanted to make the color pop right away. I used a bucket with soap and water and did each color by themselves. Used a strainer to rinse them off and I only let them in the water for like 20 seconds. Dried them with paper towels and let them sit for a day. Then I piled each chip individually loosely using the “compression” method that is quite popular here. That is the Apache 2800 case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom