Is it safe to use wife's toothbrush to clean chips? (2 Viewers)

ChipMonster

Two Pair
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I plan on going the manual route with an electric toothbrush instead of investing in ultrasonic cleaner at this point. I’m hesitant to soak or use anything other than dish detergent and warm water and then lightly oil with mineral oil afterwards. Anything I’m missing for tips and tricks?

In all seriousness, I plan on going the manual route with an electric toothbrush instead of investing in ultrasonic cleaner at this point. I’m hesitant to soak or use anything other than dish detergent and warm water and then lightly oil with mineral oil afterwards. Anything I’m missing for tips and tricks?
Which chips are you cleaning? It makes a difference.
I would never use an electric toothbrush on anything besides hot stamps, and then only because I wanted something small enough to avoid scraping the stamps themselves. It’s just a silly small tool, otherwise. Yes you could use one to clean chips. You can also use a hedge trimmer to mow your lawn.

Which chips are you cleaning? It makes a difference.
I would never use an electric toothbrush on anything besides hot stamps, and then only because I wanted something small enough to avoid scraping the stamps themselves. It’s just a silly small tool, otherwise. Yes you could use one to clean chips. You can also use a hedge trimmer to mow your lawn.
Paulson IG

Paulson IG
You should not be hesitant to soak those. The only Paulsons I’ve heard of getting damaged from a soak are older shaped inlays - the water could apparently seep under the shaped edges if you left them soaking for too long. But I think those people may have soaked them for a real long time, because I’ve soaked plenty of them without a hint of damage.

Put those IGs in warm water and dawn for 15 minutes and whatever filth is on them (though I don’t remember it being a lot) will brush right off with barely a scrub.

I prefer to soak for a few minutes in mild soap, then lightly scrub with a natural bristle nail brush. The soft side works fine.
Since it's larger than a toothbrush and easier to hold, makes doing large volumes much easier.
51+6RVDN1VL.jpg

Yes, just don't kiss her afterwards, or, tell her.

I've used a second Phillips Sonicare toothbrush to clean some stubborn areas with pretty good results. I wouldn't want to do a whole set like that. I'd try the warm water/dawn/soak/soft bristle brush method, you'll probably be surprised how much better they can look.

Lol.
I'm just gonna say this: You may as well just go ahead and use your own knowing if she ever found out, you almost certainly wouldn't require a toothbrush any longer from that point forward.

Haha thanks everyone. I’m going to pick up a bristle brush and get to work. I don’t even have my chips yet but just planning ahead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom