Tourney Bounties are dumb - tell me I’m wrong (1 Viewer)

Doesn’t this describe the majority of bounty tournaments?
I don’t know, does it? It’s been so long since I’ve played one - I don’t pay them much attention. Here’s what’s happening at Foxwoods today - if “total buy in” includes the green chip, then after the rake, you’ve got $55 going to the prize pool, $25 to bounty.
I don’t like that.
2F8B4F00-5287-4D65-A1EC-D180A48DDB48.png

With my social game, I see bounties, as well as high hand and bad beat of the night, as a way to distribute more prize money to more people, keeping more people happy, and more people coming back. However, mine is a social game, so more people hanging out is better.

Bounties when there are also rebuys really promote action. I do agree the bounty should be a small portion over the overall buy-in. (At my game it's $50 - $40 to prize pool, $10 to bounty for instance) - but the "All-in, and a bounty chip" play style promotes calls and then that causes re-buys. The prize pool overall gets juiced accordingly.

Back when I first introduced them to our game I had a good friend running a WF printer. So I used Facebook to secretly steal pictures that weren’t that flattering of our regs. I also made a bunch of “guest” ones for non-regs.
they loved them. The bounty has been a staple of our tourneys now for years. Yes, I’m some cases they can influence play for nothing more than the opportunity to “get his or her bounty”. The most we’ve ever played for is $5/bounty. So I wouldn’t say that anybody would outright risk their tourney life for one. But it does give someone felted that opportunity to leave the table with some gloating power.
View attachment 415046
All of my monthly home game tournaments are $45 and include a $5 bounty - it's just for fun. I also have bounties with my long time regulars on them, courtesy Gene at ABC / BRProPoker.

View attachment 415104

These are awesome!

I tend to fall in line with your thinking @upNdown ... bounties do not particularly suit my style of play, so I sort of see it as nothing else other than a distraction. There have been times when I've collected a few, but that tends to happen when I last a long time in the event and end up taking 1st or 2nd anyway. I'm not one to bulldoze people in the early levels.

But as long as it's a small percentage of the buy in (i.e. $40 + $10 bounty is typical when I play a bounty event at @Irish's place), I don't even give it a second thought.

We love them at my monthly shove fest tourney. The highlight of the night is taking the bounty chip off of a player you have a beef with.
Since we introduced them a couple of years ago they’ve been a massive hit.

The $5 plaques are our bounty chips.
B40F1230-ACF3-4498-8936-5008E0D81E33.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom