Bored with chipping and sick of poker (2 Viewers)

Looks like you have some great (and very funny) advice...do not sell. How often were you playing? I took a break for 10 years while raising my family and going thru some difficult times. During that time I decided to sell my brand new Deadwood TR Kings that I will never forgive myself for. I would hate for you to have the kind of regret that I do. Best wishes on your Journey!!
Deadwoods - very cool, but it's just stuff. And stuff that matters to so few. I guess everybody's entitled to love some stuff, but I've become pretty disenchanted with most of the stuff. PCF can become a total ratrace, and one that only the deepest pockets will win. Let it go I say! Keep a set of clays so you can still play with your buddies. But all these grails? Just stuff.

Pbs Nature Fight GIF by Nature on PBS

I think @Hornet should keep his sets, just for showering and fondling and rubbing them against his naked body, however bored or disgusted he may feel about the game of poker.

It's more than evident that building or buying a truckload of chip sets does NOT have to do with poker playing, but rather with fethishism.
Poker chips are the middle class man's Faberge Eggs.

Well. Went into the same phase s fee years ago. Sold most of my chips on a local website for peanuts. Now I'm looking to but the same chips for triple the price I sold them for.

I think men are always into a hobby and sometime they just need a change in the hobby for a while. Then we go back to the roots.

Not everybody has Sir Winston Churchill's liver, who had a double scotch for breakfast.

The King: "I 've been informed you drink all day; how can you manage to work?"
The Prime Minister: "It's a matter of practice"

Definitely take a break from playing for a bit. Do something else you enjoy for a change of pace. Don't ring a bell you can't unring--definitely don't sell any sets at this stage.
You should sell all your sets to E, he won’t sell them or put them in play so they’ll be in the same condition when you decide you want them back.

Me and my brother raised bees for about 5 years. I got stung once, right on top of my head. He never got stung. We wore suits to keep the bees from getting in our clothes and surprising us later, but hardly ever wore the hoods. Just move slow and deliberate and dont smash any - when you kill one it riles the nearby ones up.

It’s like anything else, after about four years you are fighting your used gunked up equipment more than you are harvesting honey. Fucking jars and lids cost more than anything.
I really don’t know why I can’t stop laughing at this post.

@Hornet says he is sick of poker and chipping and @ekricket suggests beekeeping. Hahahaha. Can’t wait to see pics of David in a bee suit making honey!

I really don’t know why I can’t stop laughing at this post.

@Hornet says he is sick of poker and chipping and @ekricket suggests beekeeping. Hahahaha. Can’t wait to see pics of David in a bee suit making honey!
lol you read this thread like you read @MatB at the table. I’m not suggesting beekeeping

Never thought it would happen to me. Any advice?

Also, if anyone wants one of my “grail sets” now is your chance. IYKYK.
Dont sell! If you have the urge to sell, just put the chips in a closet for a month or 2/3 then revisit. If you still wanna sell, then sell ehm

Switch to playing HoldEm tournaments for a month.

It will renew your love for the game.

View attachment 1299125
what material are those chips made off?
Look exactly like mine exept mine dont have a monetariztion sign on them

Suggestions, based on my own recent experience…

* Streamline your collection to just the essentials. (For me this is one custom cash set, one tournament set, and one flexible traveling set.)

* Play less often, so it feels more special when you do.

* Find some new venues, and/or mix in other games if you host.

* Play a WSOP circuit event or other large tournament for variety and a bigger potential payday.

* Lastly: Try playing either higher or lower than usual. Playing higher heightens the tension and forces more attentiveness, if you are feeling bored. Playing lower eases the stress and make things more fun.

Meetups are where it’s at. I have traveled the world and made friends all because of this hobby.

Originally, it simply started as an escape from work. I worked solo six days a week for over 25 years. I yearned for something to divert my attention from my responsibilities. Meetups filled that void. I never would have imagined the relief I felt just leaving work for a long weekend to play poker. I returned to work tired but renewed and ready to plan the next one.

My wife (who does not play poker) was very supportive and eventually traveled with me to meetups in Iceland, Alaska, and Colorado. We have now traveled on cruises with other PCF members and have trips planned to Sweden, Alaska, and Egypt.

I truly value the friendships I have made through this forum far more than any chipset I own. Take a step back, evaluate your situation, and I’m sure you will find the answer you are looking for. Good luck.

I couldn't pass up having some fun when I saw your post. I agree, the forum is a great place for seeking advice on life's smaller dilemmas, whether it is a table build, losing zest for the game, or a host of other issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom