Bones Chips and Plaques - Any value ? (1 Viewer)

Kid_Eastwood

Full House
Reaction score
Hello,

Someone sent me this find : a small lot of antique (XIX century) chips and plaques made out of bones.

CCC2903A-B80C-4FD9-9A06-4225D6089909.jpeg

Is it worth anything ?

Kid.

What do you want for them?

Stuff like this turns up every now and then on eBay, but not very often. What I've seen has mostly been small lots of a few chips. I've seen two or three listings for lots about the size of what you have there. I've seen one that was substantially larger, but still well shy of a playable set.

I've only ever seen one large coherent playable set of bone chips, and I bought it: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/oldest-playable-chipset-on-pcf.84070/#post-1723543

Not really a playable set.
About fifty chips + some plaques.

I don’t own it. Someone just asked me but I could not help him.

Probably worth asking on The Chip Board. There might be someone there who's bought or sold these before and might be able to suggest a value.

They're sort of like ivory chips, but a lot less attractive, a lot less interesting, and a lot less valuable. Oddly though, they seem to be even harder to come by than ivories!

A few of the bone chips and counters I've seen on eBay have had interesting designs like the ones on Robert's page, but not many. Most were completely plain. Even the ones with designs weren't nearly as intricate as Robert's.

I person accepted to sell them to me and I sent the payment.
Content is :
Rounded : 32 with no color, 5 colored
Rectangle : 5 red, 2 purple, 2 yellow, 3 not colored
Square : 4 yellow, 5 purple

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom