Board Gamers, show us your loot! (6 Viewers)

Just arrived today! And as luck would have it, I'm going to have 8 people over to try it in a couple weeks.

20220224_162636.jpg

View attachment 870004
The current situation. I generally go through a cull each year to try to get myself to buy a few less games and it's generally been working. My general rule is that it I haven't played it in two years, it generally goes into the give away pile.
Can I get on your give away list?

View attachment 870004
The current situation. I generally go through a cull each year to try to get myself to buy a few less games and it's generally been working. My general rule is that it I haven't played it in two years, it generally goes into the give away pile.
The hard fast timeline for keeping your games that get played is great if your frequency of play is enough to support it! My massive library has games I haven't played in 2-3 years that I absolutely LOVE (I mean, the pandemic is largely to blame most recently, but still) and which just haven't made it back into rotation yet, because my regular group only gets together once a week and plays a lot of heavier games that often leads to only one, maybe two games a week getting played.

Looks like a solid library you've got there though! Scythe, Lords of Vegas, Brass, Isle of Skye, Camel Up, GWTrail, War of the Ring, Castles of MKLudwig...all very much in my wheelhouse! Not to mention several others I can see that I enjoy and previously have owned at some point :)

View attachment 870004
I understand you cull games if unplayed for 2 years, so you may ignore the following public service announcement:

Do not use rubber bands on (or in) any of your games. The rubber breaks down, leaving permanent stains, and sometimes bonding to the items it is holding together. I've seen many a game at auction rendered unplayable because rubber bands mark cards. It takes quite a few years for the process to occur, but if you have a game that does not see a lot of play, it can be a sad discovery when you sit down to play it, only to find out you can't anymore.

I understand you cull games if unplayed for 2 years, so you may ignore the following public service announcement:

Do not use rubber bands on (or in) any of your games. The rubber breaks down, leaving permanent stains, and sometimes bonding to the items it is holding together. I've seen many a game at auction rendered unplayable because rubber bands mark cards. It takes quite a few years for the process to occur, but if you have a game that does not see a lot of play, it can be a sad discovery when you sit down to play it, only to find out you can't anymore.
That's a good point. These bands have only been on for a year max and I'm already noticing they're drying out.

What would you suggest as an alternative? I'd been using this tape that sticks together (but isn't sticky) but guessing that may have similar problems.

That's a good point. These bands have only been on for a year max and I'm already noticing they're drying out.

What would you suggest as an alternative? I'd been using this tape that sticks together (but isn't sticky) but guessing that may have similar problems.
I bag everything. Everything. The Walmart crafting aisle has three sizes and I've rarely needed anything larger.

Likewise, I bag everything in the box but what about keeping the box together when storing vertically?

Likewise, I bag everything in the box but what about keeping the box together when storing vertically?
Storing vertical can warp cards if your not careful, mainly because they are not in tuck boxes and other stuff may bind against them.

I just aggressively bag stuff as well, and have been storing stuff vertically without bands for years. Never had any issues with any internal components warping or being damaged, etc. I make player bags for every game possible so setup doesn't include distributing bits, just a few bags. Even decks of cards just get bagged and sealed tightly. Works great.

For "bookshelf" type games (stored vertically) I just put them vertical, and then use a bookend (or rough equivalent) to keep the boxes closed.

I can provide pics if requested.

The only horse racing game I've played is Horse Fever. We are bettors who will do anything to make sure we win money - drug horses, bribe bookmakers, etc. Horse Fever has the single funniest piece of artwork in any game I've played.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. If you need your horse to have a quick jump off the starting gate AND the only thing you have is a hot pepper, there is really only one option .....

pic593217.jpg

Ark Nova is definitely at good as peoplev say it is. It's not without flaws that might bother some people. It's largely multiplayer solitaire. And it can be a bit long. But it's a fun brain burn. One of those games that's just fun to play regardless of what happens.

20220319_181020.jpg
20220319_181010.jpg

Ark Nova is definitely at good as peoplev say it is. It's not without flaws that might bother some people. It's largely multiplayer solitaire. And it can be a bit long. But it's a fun brain burn. One of those games that's just fun to play regardless of what happens.

View attachment 881575View attachment 881576

I've looked at Ark Nova. My geek-buddies think highly of it. But if I literally have to pay almost zero attention to what my opponents are doing to play well, I find that as I grow older, those games appeal to me less and less.

I've looked at Ark Nova. My geek-buddies think highly of it. But if I literally have to pay almost zero attention to what my opponents are doing to play well, I find that as I grow older, those games appeal to me less and less.
I agree to an extent. I tend to prefer games with more interaction. But as a fun time waster for my wife and I, it's high up there.

I agree to an extent. I tend to prefer games with more interaction. But as a fun time waster for my wife and I, it's high up there.
My geek buddies say play this with 2p, *MAYBE* with 3p, but play Terraforming Mars at 3p and higher. Except for Res Arcana, which they like and I think is hot garbage, our opinions tend to agree on most games.

1860 arrived today. I like GMT production values a little better, but Mike Hutton is a very good designer.

Attachments

• IMG_20220320_115636.jpg
    IMG_20220320_115636.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220320_114753.jpg
    IMG_20220320_114753.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 54
Old school minis for Space Hulk that a friend painted (and glued and modified). Had these for years but I just never got it done LOL. And yes, that’s a Death Guard Dreadnought among other fun things, going to be playing with some house rules obviously! :LOL: :laugh:

E3DFDB61-4ABB-4BF5-A1B4-F5626A106DBD.jpeg

753C3DE0-393F-4C8D-B430-AB7BB9C7CCEE.jpeg

4E224D54-7910-4E9B-896A-250DA7FA144A.jpeg

6988BCA7-720A-44FD-B0B3-AEADE5F5FEE0.jpeg

B3D4508D-6D53-4FE3-BC2D-689B7D15B562.jpeg

2204AC22-2057-4605-97CC-AE6663B46FD1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom