Board Gamers, show us your loot! (5 Viewers)

I'm not sure you could have named 4 other games in the same sentence I want to play less than those. I own Betrayal because my wife likes it. The only co-op I've ever enjoyed to any serious degree is Robinson Crusoe. With a honorable mention to Mansions of Madness 2nd Ed. I guess I like ones where everything constantly goes badly.

It's a me thing though. I want the intellectual challenge. Not a group activity.
Eh, social deception is big in the board game circle I just left, board games are social games. Coup has nothing to do with co-op. But I get your point.

As a poker player, I dont think intellectual challenges and social deception/strategy are mutually exclusive though!

Eh, social deception is big in the board game circle I just left, board games are social games. Coup has nothing to do with co-op. But I get your point.

As a poker player, I dont think intellectual challenges and social deception/strategy are mutually exclusive though!
Valid point. Except there is no money to be made in board games. ;)

Social deduction is also not my thing. In pokey it's fine, because it's more one on one, more limited, and for the most part it isn't as important as understanding hand reading. But when the whole game is just social deduction, I find it much less fun.

I mean, my friend and I have run some crazy on the fly strategies in The Resistance as the traitors. And it was cool. But I never finish that type of game and feel like I've personally had much fun.

Just got this last week after ordering it about a year ago. Can't wait to get it in play with 4 players tonight

PXL_20240404_183403623.MP.jpg

PXL_20240404_183112806.PORTRAIT.jpg

Game in Progress:
View attachment 1310993View attachment 1310995

Final State of the Board: 6 of the 7 monuments were built, red player (not me unfortunately) ran away with a victory thanks to winning population the first 2 rounds and some perfectly placed civic buildings with huge bonuses.

View attachment 1310997
Great table presence for sure. But after watching videos of the game, it is IMO ABSURDLY over produced for how light a have it actually is. Take my opinion as you will though, since I'm a gameplay/price ratio type guy over components. I have a certain case level of components I'll put up with (think Dominant Species as my floor). Metal coins? Minis? Plastic/wooden tokens over cardboard? To me all that just causes too big a price hike for me. The game needs to be one of my absolute favorites for me to go all out. Which I did with Trickerion and Castles of Burgundy.

But, I'll certainly never turn down playing a game with really nice bits!

I cannot disagree with the assessment. There are now way to many "mediocre" games being produced (from a game play perspective) that are getting overcharged because 3d printing is cheap.

It's kinda why I love this thread (and BGG). It helps separate the wheat from the chaff,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom