Blaze Orange $100 (1 Viewer)

Albums I can listen on repeat

The Low End Theory -ATCQ
Black on Both Sides - Mos Def
College Dropout - Ye
Be - Common
The Score - Fugees

give me some suggestions
I think you're good for the rest of your life! College Dropout and Be both gotta be someone in my top 20 albums all time for hip hop. I have Late Registration above Dropout, it's top 3 for me, not one single song that doesn't hit. Man it's been a minute. I'm gonna listen to Be tonight while working, thank you!

The Low End Theory -ATCQ
College Dropout - Ye
Be - Common
The Score - Fugees

give me some suggestions
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
B.I.G. - Life After Death
Nas - It Was Written, Illmatic
Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt, The Black Album
Big Pun - Capital Punishment
Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trying

Here’s a black guy rapping about how horny he is

The first time I heard this song, the twist at the end made me instant listen on repeat

The Low End Theory -ATCQ
College Dropout - Ye
Be - Common
The Score - Fugees

give me some suggestions
What are you looking for? You want more stuff from around this time, or some stuff you may not have heard that we'd think you'd like?
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
B.I.G. - Life After Death
Nas - It Was Written, Illmatic
Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt, The Black Album
Big Pun - Capital Punishment
Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trying
I like all these, and they feel like they're kinda in the vicinity, at the very least in time and following.

@joeyshin it's a departure from what you listed, but I'd visit Wale - The Album About Nothing, very chilled album, nice overarching concept, easily digestible, has some brains and positive tip behind it. I think everything you listed could be described as "contemplative". On that note, I'd check out older Childish Gambino and Chance the Rapper. You could probably definitely get lost in Atmosphere for awhile. Most if not all J Cole has a lot of that older than age sense, contemplative, positive or at least thoughtful. Even with him NEVER having another person on his tracks, keeps it fun enough with narratives and story telling. Similar to the ones you listed, he often includes learned or life lessons:

(I feel like the problem is that any music most recently isn't going to have a whole album that's gonna be listenable)

If you're looking for more underground or older similarities lemme know.

Last edited:
What are you looking for? You want more stuff from around this time, or some stuff you may not have heard that we'd think you'd like?

I like all these, and they feel like they're kinda in the vicinity, at the very least in time and following.

@joeyshin it's a departure from what you listed, but I'd visit Wale - The Album About Nothing, very chilled album, nice overarching concept, easily digestible, has some brains and positive tip behind it. I think everything you listed could be described as "contemplative". On that note, I'd check out older Childish Gambino and Chance the Rapper. You could probably definitely get lost in Atmosphere for awhile. Most if not all J Cole has a lot of that older than age sense, contemplative, positive or at least thoughtful. Even with him NEVER having another person on his tracks, keeps it fun enough with narratives and story telling. Similar to the ones you listed, he often includes learned or life lessons:

(I feel like the problem is that any music most recently isn't going to have a whole album that's gonna be listenable)

If you're looking for more underground or older similarities lemme know.

I’m not sure what I’m looking for. I like wale and j cole although I put j cole more r&b. I’m a 90s hiphop non-gangsta rap fan. More modern I like Lupe, Kendrick, chance etc

The current underground scene is killing it though. I have friend in Year of the Ox and I think they’re beasting it. Check them out.

Talib Kweli to match the more specific genre, but I wouldn’t say his albums are “listen to on repeat.”

1590261262808.png

@BarrieJ3 this was always my favorite Dilated People’s track. Straight banger.

Had to give it a listen, I can dig it. Not super familiar with them, kinda in a group with Jurassic 5, Hieroglyphics, etc. Definitely should revisit and give em all another listen.

I'm definitely not super knowledgeable in music, so I love seeing all this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom