Bird Brained Poker Night (1 Viewer)

VoicelessMango

Sitting Out
Reaction score
These are the current stage of a poker chip design I put in the "mockups for fun/ science" forum a couple of months ago. I am finally settling on a design that I am happy with but I Still haven't settled on edgespot design or whether I want to drop the "night". Here are the latest prototypes from BR Pro Poker and a PDF of some of the more recent designs I have worked through.
20230923_135723.jpg
BirdBrainedPokerChipsv3.png

Really liking the bird spots, illustrations, colors, color matched text. It's simple and fun.

A few recommendations:

- Visually center the whole denom text or make the $/¢ symbols smaller.
- A few phrases that could replace "Poker Night" if you're looking- "Card Room", "Resort Hotel", "<Your City, Your State>".
- If printing at BR Pro, make sure you get a sample of the black chip before you commit to it. I'd describe it as a dark gray.
- Buy some Tina hybrid samples and consider, the artwork will be sharper.

Really liking the bird spots, illustrations, colors, color matched text. It's simple and fun.

A few recommendations:

- Visually center the whole denom text or make the $/¢ symbols smaller.
- A few phrases that could replace "Poker Night" if you're looking- "Card Room", "Resort Hotel", "<Your City, Your State>".
- If printing at BR Pro, make sure you get a sample of the black chip before you commit to it. I'd describe it as a dark gray.
- Buy some Tina hybrid samples and consider, the artwork will be sharper.
Thanks for the recommendations! Simple works well for me as I feel limited in technical and creative capacity.

I'm not quite sure how to go about working with Tina, and I have been pretty happy with the Br Pro quality but noted.
I did get a BR Pro Black sample, and TBH it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be after hearing about their black on PCF. Even though I won't use black in my eventual set, I have also included some photos of their black next to the blackest things I could find in my room.
image_2023-09-23_195635822.png
20230923_194910.jpg
20230923_195149.jpg

For denoms that will go 5c - 25c - $1 - $5 - $20
Do people like Vegas or California colors more?

Vegas

View attachment 1203087

California
View attachment 1203086
Both are good, but I’d go with Cali by a small edge here. I think whatever you do, I would just make sure adjacent demons aren’t repeating art (unless each denom will have some of each art).

Absolutely in love with this art by the way, oh my god they’re so freaking adorable.

Both are good, but I’d go with Cali by a small edge here. I think whatever you do, I would just make sure adjacent demons aren’t repeating art (unless each denom will have some of each art).

Absolutely in love with this art by the way, oh my god they’re so freaking adorable.
Yep, I've got about 7 different bird designs, and plan on not repeating any. I was just using similar artwork to think about colors.

Thank you for the compliment about the bird designs, I just wish I could take credit for them. I found the bird designs on pixabay and then reformatted them to be more legible at poker chip size. I've done some light vector based drawing but I still have a ways to go to draw something this cute.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom