Best PayPal/ Venmo alternative, I'm done with that trash (1 Viewer)

I have Cash App and Zelle. You let me know what you like. But, the hell with PayPal.
I’m a Zelle fan myself. I’ve used it for several Chip related purchases from members here.
I never kept much of a PP balance but have recently transferred all my available funds out of my account.
No longer plan to use them except maybe in the case of a very small purchase.

Wish there was a good way to transfer funds between different currencies without getting ripped off on fees and poor rates.

One crucial thing with paypal is to not use the default option of accepting their bullshit rates but to switch to ”convert with credit company”

not much a chipper can do if his/her home country doesn’t offer the service.

While I agree PayPal is trash, if you have a Canadian buyer, do you simply refuse to do the transaction?

Wish there was a good way to transfer funds between different currencies without getting ripped off on fees and poor rates.

One crucial thing with paypal is to not use the default option of accepting their bullshit rates but to switch to ”convert with credit company”
And they don’t make it obvious where to click to make this happen. Sneaky dirty bastards, the lot of em!

not much a chipper can do if his/her home country doesn’t offer the service.

While I agree PayPal is trash, if you have a Canadian buyer, do you simply refuse to do the transaction?

And they don’t make it obvious where to click to make this happen. Sneaky dirty bastards, the lot of em!
I’ve done transactions with both you and @Eriks in the past and would certainly use PP to do them again with each of you.
I’ll just avoid using it where I can going forward.

Very sneaky, the first few chip purchases I made I didn’t realize. Also if someone is sending me $ for example, Paypal defaults to recieve in SEK. So I have to make a point to the sender to make sure it says receive in $.

Said it before and will say it again. For international transfers especially Revolut is great. Used it several times on here when making and recieving payment to members in England, Germany, Sweden and the US. No/very low fees and you get the interbank exchange rate. In other words no BS paypal exchange rate. You can also pay with and keep all kinds of different currencies. And yes, you can exchange between your own currencies at the international exchange rate as well.

Only small "issue" is there are monthly limits on how much you can exchange without fees. However even after those limits it's cheaper than paypal for international transfers though.

Also super practical in general as you can get your own physical Revolut debit card as well which is very useful when traveling. (No/low fees and interbank exchange rate on payments abroad as well.)

EDIT: BTW I'm not their employee :LOL: :laugh: just been using their services for a few years and super happy with them!

Said it before and will say it again. For international transfers especially Revolut is great. Used it several times on here when making and recieving payment to members in England, Germany, Sweden and the US. No/very low fees and you get the interbank exchange rate. In other words no BS paypal exchange rate. You can also pay with and keep all kinds of different currencies. And yes, you can exchange between your own currencies at the international exchange rate as well.

Only small "issue" is there are monthly limits on how much you can exchange without fees. However even after those limits it's cheaper than paypal for international transfers though.

Also super practical in general as you can get your own physical Revolut debit card as well which is very useful when traveling. (No/low fees and interbank exchange rate on payments abroad as well.)

EDIT: BTW I'm not their employee :LOL: :laugh: just been using their services for a few years and super happy with them!
Cool, gotta check that out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom