Best Oil Method for Paulsons? (2 Viewers)

BigSlick4523

Full House
Reaction score
so long story short I clean my paulsons with 75% Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent with Oxi & 25% water

I soak them for about 1 hour then I scrub them with a toothbrush and rinse them very well with cold water

afterwards my colored chips are just super dry looking

what is the best way to Oil them without just drenching them in Mineral Oil

thanks in advance

David Walliams Water GIF by Ovation TV

I oil my chips like a deranged, avant-garde artist. I'll lay out a towel and spread out a rack or two of chips in rows/columns. I'll then squirt a little bit of mineral oil onto my fingertips, spread it out evenly, and then dab my fingers across the chip face of a barrel or twos worth of chips, getting an equal amount of oil onto to each chip. I'll then go thru each chip and spread the oil evenly on the face and edge. I'll repeat this process until all chips get oil - let them sit 24 hours. The next day I flip them over and repeat the process. This has worked for me and is fairly fast.

I used a Q-tip do to mine. After dipping the end in the oil, I spin it a little on a paper towel to extract the excess, then I just rub it on both sides while holding the chip in my hand. I can do about 5 chips this way before I repeat.

An hour soak in any oxi solution is just begging for Paulson chips to get totally dried out and even experience color loss/leeching, not to mention inlay damage due to seeping.

10 minutes is plenty.

Oil chips individually with a clean rag barely dampened with mineral oil (less is more).

I'll take a barrel, and while stacked neatly, put some oil on my thumb by using said thumb to cap my oil bottle and invert. Smear the oil down one side of the barrel and repeat on the opposite side of the barrel. While still holding the barrel tightly, smear the oil to completely coat the edges. Now take each chip individually, and with the residual oil on your hands massage the oil into the face of the chips. Should be enough oil to complete the barrel. Lay out on a towel to absorb any excess oil. I've oiled over 12,000 chips and this is the fastest method I've come up with that gives me the level of oiling that I prefer. Good luck!

I used cotton cloth with a very little oil on it. It should feel medium wet. Than you rub your chips one by one like you spank the monkey. Let the chip dry. If still looks chalky you may repeat process. In my experience its better to apply too little oil than too much.

An hour soak in any oxi solution is just begging for Paulson chips to get totally dried out and even experience color loss/leeching, not to mention inlay damage due to seeping.

10 minutes is plenty.

Oil chips individually with a clean rag barely dampened with mineral oil (less is more).
After numerous testing, I soak mine for about 60 seconds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom