• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Best low budget demoninated chip deal? (1 Viewer)

salimoneus

High Hand
Reaction score
So these 11.5g Royal Flush chips are currently on sale for six cents apiece ($1.50/25), and all denoms are in stock except for the 5k chips.

I picked up a few 300ct low denom sets for friends who have no chips at all, and another for myself as a beater travel set, and they aren't half bad really. Just about all the inserts are centered in the recess and the edges are fairly smooth.

Can't imagine anything out there that is a much better value, and their shipping price wasn't too bad either.

Any other options out there along the same lines?

https://www.discountpokershop.com/25pc-115g-royal-flush-poker-chips-colors-p-598.html

You must be kidding.

About what? People don't buy "beater" versions of higher quality things? Why spend 50 cents a chip on something that might get lost, you could take camping, or a set the kids could play with, etc. Obviously I'm not suggesting using these as a main tournament set :D

So these 11.5g Royal Flush chips are currently on sale for six cents apiece ($1.50/25), and all denoms are in stock except for the 5k chips.

I picked up a few 300ct low denom sets for friends who have no chips at all, and another for myself as a beater travel set, and they aren't half bad really. Just about all the inserts are centered in the recess and the edges are fairly smooth.

Can't imagine anything out there that is a much better value, and their shipping price wasn't too bad either.

Any other options out there along the same lines?

https://www.discountpokershop.com/25pc-115g-royal-flush-poker-chips-colors-p-598.html
will they stack 20 high?

will they stack 20 high?

150 high with a shoddy stacking job on a somewhat unstable rolling cabinet, im sure i could do the entire 300ct

PAyD5

Attachments

• P1020203.JPG
    P1020203.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 155
Why spend 50 cents a chip on something that might get lost, you could take camping, or a set the kids could play with, etc.
I'd rather spend $45 for a set of 300 budget chips that can actually be used effectively for poker, than spend $18 (plus shipping) for a set that has no redeeming poker value whatsoever - it simply cannot be justified. Better off just torching a Jackson and calling it a day.

I'm not suggesting using these as a main tournament set :D
Left in the box, they make great door stops.

these are actually quite flat, I get almost no wiggle with stacks of 10

Clearly these don't pass the sniff tests of the "purists", but these do just as well as dice chips, except with fairly easy to read denoms. Lots of dice chips in use out there at many home games, and I'd say these are an upgrade at a great price point.

these are actually quite flat, I get almost no wiggle with stacks of 10
Put your stack of twenty chips on a hardcover book, then lift up the edge of the book and report back how high you can get it before they slide into a pile. The chips have no surface friction, not to mention the hard-to-differentiate colors/white spots, hard abs plastic feel, cheap metal slugged sound, and ugly graphics. Yeah, everything I want in a poker chip. Pass at any price.

There are some good value low-budget chips out there, but these definitely are not. Enjoy 'em.

Put your stack of twenty chips on a hardcover book, then lift up the edge of the book and report back how high you can get it before they slide into a pile. The chips have no surface friction

That's not what I'm feeling with these, nor how things tested vs some Paulsons. Test was repeated multiple times with similar results. I dunno maybe you haven't handled these particular chips...

That's not what I'm feeling with these, nor how things tested vs some Paulsons. Test was repeated multiple times with similar results. I dunno maybe you haven't handled these particular chips...

Amazing video but I remember mine being really slippery. I wish I knew you were looking for some, because I just gave away about 2,000 of these last summer.
I did require that they pick them up. I didn't want to go in the hole on shipping.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-14_15-48-32.jpeg
    upload_2018-2-14_15-48-32.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 102
Ah dude hurting my eyes! Check out some China Clays over at one of the site vendors like Apache poker chips

Well, at 0.06 per chip, that's not a huge outlay. You can get Super Diamonds at this price, too, but no art with those.
Use whatever you like. But don't make a huge investment, because once you've used better chips, you ain't going back....

Well, at 0.06 per chip, that's not a huge outlay. You can get Super Diamonds at this price, too, but no art with those.
Use whatever you like. But don't make a huge investment, because once you've used better chips, you ain't going back....

Agreed. These worked out great as gift sets to friends who had no chips at all, and may only use them once in a blue moon, and as a beater travel set. I have much better chips than these, but these serve a purpose. Maybe not for some but hey you can't expect to please everyone. They are better quality than many in this thread seem to imply, and I doubt they have actually even handled any. For the price, pretty darn hard to beat.

You doubt incorrectly. At least two of us have the exact same chips, including me. The other guy even posted pics.

You doubt incorrectly. At least two of us have the exact same chips, including me. The other guy even posted pics.

Clearly you don't like these, which is just fine. I'm not trying to sell you anything. Your opinion of these has been heard loud and clear.

Although the main complaints that have made about them I have shown to not be the case. They are very flat and stack well, and they have adequate surface friction. Maybe these are a new batch of these chips, who knows. In any case, I'm not expecting to change any minds here. Feel free to move along :D

My friend has these and we play with them from time to time when he hosts a game.

If you don’t mind the graphics they are alright, I’ve played with worse sounding and feeling chips. I think there are better chips with nicer feel, sound, color combos and graphics for literal pennies more. (Poker knights come to mind among others)

You aren’t going to convince anyone that chuck is better than filet mignon, but whatever floats your boat

Clicked out of curiosity... now wondering what the actual point of the OP was, other than to make lots of regs sad. Seems a little like trolling from a new member. I hope it isn’t.

It’s clear you like these chips, think they’re a fantastic value and they’re fulfilling your needs and expectations. You went so far as to test them in the ways chippers would test any chips and defend them on that basis. You’ve handled Paulsons and you found these chips on a site offering other chip options in the same class and slightly pricier.

So why ask for another, better value than 6c per chip and other options in the same class as these on this forum of all places? :cautious:

Please note my restraint in repping FCN here.

Also, I wonder what the EJ forum guys want for their domain name.

Clicked out of curiosity... now wondering what the actual point of the OP was, other than to make lots of regs sad.

If lots of people became sad, because someone happens to find some value in a low end dirt cheap set of chips, then I guess to me that seems sad in itself. There are lots of serious issues in the world that people can get sad over, but something like this is beyond silly.

It’s clear you like these chips, think they’re a fantastic value and they’re fulfilling your needs and expectations. You went so far as to test them in the ways chippers would test any chips and defend them on that basis. You’ve handled Paulsons and you found these chips on a site offering other chip options in the same class and slightly pricier.

For SIX cents, yes I think they are a good value, and they fulfill very specific needs and expectations. Those primarily being to use as starter set gifts for friends who will probably very rarely even use them, and as a complete beater set that I really don't care what happens to them.

The testing I did was only done because some posters asked me specific questions about their characteristics, and at the time I really didn't know and was curious to find out. So I was just doing as requested, and it only took me a total of what five whole minutes? Probably less time than it took to type this response.

I can't apologize if the results were not as expected. I as well wasn't expecting them to stack as well as they do, or have the surface friction that they do. But if people are that saddened by this, please do not purchase them. The last thing I want to do is bring more sadness into the world.

My friend has these and we play with them from time to time when he hosts a game.

If you don’t mind the graphics they are alright, I’ve played with worse sounding and feeling chips. I think there are better chips with nicer feel, sound, color combos and graphics for literal pennies more. (Poker knights come to mind among others)

I did come across the Poker Knights, and they seemed like a decent deal and better quality chip, but were pushing 3x the cost of the Royals. Knowing that the sets I was picking up may not see much if any use, I opted to give the Royals a try. I mostly just wanted something with denoms that would function on a basic level, not too concerned about doing chip tricks and such. I don't think most of the players using them will be handling them much anyway. Thanks for the feedback.

same website has "roman times" china clays at .12 cents per chip. I think that those are a better beater set instead of the slugged plastic chips.

same website has "roman times" china clays at .12 cents per chip. I think that those are a better beater set instead of the slugged plastic chips.
not china clays, just injection-molded plastic with no slug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom