Best Keurig Coffee/Tea Options? (1 Viewer)

inca911

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
So I got a Keurig to use for the MinneMania event, but I've never been a big coffee guy. What are some of your favorite recommendations for coffee and tea varieties? I know I need one option that make a very strong blend. I also have a traditional coffee maker that I'll use with some fresh ground beans, but I like the idea of someone being able to make a quick cup whenever they want. Thanks for the suggestions!

P.S. If you are attending the event and have a favorite, please post in here....

I like Dunkin Donuts and Gevalia's Signature Blend.

And Kirkland Pacific Bold when I need a little more punch.

Maud's makes a nice variety.

I like my coffee the strong and black and Maud's checks both boxes in some of their bolder flavors.

We use Kirkland Pacific Bold almost exclusively. Ours has a setting for “strong” that runs through the k cup slower and is pretty good coffee imo. If you go to Costco and buy Pacific Bold and breakfast blend I think you’d be pretty well covered.

Tea needs to steep. I would Not recommend non herbal tea from a K cup(been there...)..,.. Let the hot water drip thru to a cup with a tea bag or loose tea diffuser just don't put any K-cup in the machine. The water from a K-cup machine does not reach boiling temp, ( optimal for tea), but it's close , I make tea almost Evey morning from the machine.

Last edited:
Costco is usually where I buy all mine. I use their Kirkland medium roast with a reusable K cup for everyday, but if we are feeling lazy we grab some of other offerings like Laughing Man Bold, Kirkland Breakfast Blend, Dunkin just to name a few.

I have used a Keurig Since they came out. I used to do business with them at retail and they used to take care of me with coffee.

Anyway, I have found the best taste and one of the best prices is the large 100 count box of Newman's Own coffee. Usually less than $0.50 per cup!

Also if you have one of the newer brewers you have to make sure the k-cups will work with it.

There is a cheap device you can buy on Amazon, less than $10 that will allow you to use other brands with the Keurig.

Funny I started using one in 2004 or 2005 and within the last year I switched to the Nespresso Virtuoline. The Keurig make great coffee but I got tired of having to buy a new machine every year or two. Not the best machines but good coffee. With the Nespresso the coffee is more expensive but has a much bolder coffee taste and the crema is a great touch to the coffee, latte or espresso.

Somewhat ashamed to admit I brew a K-cup most weekday mornings. Have found Dunkin, Green Mountain, and Donut Shop to be the least offensive. Donut Shop Extra Bold I can usually get 80pk for $30 at a local discount retailer.

If you don't mind voiding your warranty you can get around the officially licensed K-cup recognition BS by snipping a single green wire in the back of the machine. There's also a nice hack where you just plop a magnet right below where the cup goes and it opens up a whole new set of on-screen menus with larger dispense volumes, etc. At least this was the case for my 2.0 machine ~3yrs ago. Have had absolutely no issues with it.

But weekend mornings with my grinder and french press ..... heaven.

try this and have mind blown!

Attachments

• IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 101
Starbucks Sumatra.........don't care the maker. That is some of my favorite coffee

Funny I started using one in 2004 or 2005 and within the last year I switched to the Nespresso Virtuoline. The Keurig make great coffee but I got tired of having to buy a new machine every year or two. Not the best machines but good coffee. With the Nespresso the coffee is more expensive but has a much bolder coffee taste and the crema is a great touch to the coffee, latte or espresso.

Agreed. Both my wife and I had Keurigs at work, and the only way I could get decent strength coffee out of them was to buy reusable K-cups and fill them myself.

We switched to Nespresso at home about three years ago, and are much happier with their stronger coffees. We don't do milk drinks, so the basic machines are just fine.

BTW, David -- Nespresso machines poop out too, particularly the joint and rubber rings at the bottom of the water reservoir. :(

I use a French press/electric kettle combo these days, but I occasionally work offsite in an office that keeps a well-stocked Keurig selection.

I tend toward medium to dark roast, and the Newman's Special Blend (Newman's Own) is by far the one I prefer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom