Best cupholder spacing for my game (1 Viewer)

Best table layout for my game

• 8 cupholders with dealer space (top drawing)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 9 cupholders spread evenly (second drawing)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 9 cupholders with dealer space (third drawing)

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Standard 10 cupholders (last drawing)

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
8 but the 2nd from the top design minus the one at 6:00. Put all your ocd players on tilt before the cards hit the speedcloth! I'm sure you've already thought of this but my experience isn't the # of cupholders that's important but the depth...
#AllNotCreated=
#That'sWhatSheSaid

You know what, I can. Drink on the table is $100 fee to the house. I’m going with what I actually want, which is no cupholders in the rail and drink carts with cupholders.
this is kind of what we do at my house, except the fine is you pay the dinner/snack bill

But I don’t want to be the drink police and have to stress out about it.
"No drinks in the table. This table cost me $x and I don't want any spills.

I figure a spill will happen once every 10 times a drink is placed on the table, so if I catch a drink on the table, it's a $x/10 fine. There are side tables for you to use."

If you usually have a dedicated dealer (like I do, @detroitdad) you probably don't want a cupholder directly where the dealer sits.

I did mine with a cutout in the rail for the dealer, with cupholders straddling the space:

p.jpg

But I don’t want to be the drink police and have to stress out about it.
Yeah that right there is most important to me - I can’t spend the night worrying about who’s gonna break what, so for me, cupholders in the rail mean I never have to side-eye anybody’s drink.

You know what, I can. Drink on the table is $100 fee to the house. I’m going with what I actually want, which is no cupholders in the rail and drink carts with cupholders.
Correct, your house, your rules. No reason for someone to move a drink from the cart to the felt and if everyone is on it, you aren’t the police. Let the offenders know.

I gave this a lot of thought for my table as well. I finally went with 8 cup holders (and dealer station) cause I generally play 8 handed. If u generally play 8 handed go with 8. But I can see going with 9 thou so if u r only 8 handed players can sit between them instead of directly behind. It’s a tough call (between 8 or 9). No right answer (although I never considered 10). Good luck!

I’ve come to realize I hate cup holders in the rail. I buy the ones you can stick under the rail and move around or get rid of

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom