Best cloth or felt for table - custom, etc., lots of questions. (1 Viewer)

joseywales

Straight
Reaction score
I currently have speed cloth. It plays fine, looks good. I want to say it's been on there 4 years. We play monthly in a finished upstairs room, so not the basement. I didn't notice it during our games, etc., but with all the window shades open and the daylight, I now notice that the cloth has faded, especially a few inches in from around all of the edges. I have an octagon table, so it appears to be from the play of the cards and chips.

I didn't provide much care, but I'm wondering was it the regular use that has worn the cloth?

Is speed cloth more durable than other materials?

My next cloth will be custom logo, etc., so perhaps speed cloth is best for that?

Best place to order the cloth and or the custom logo?

My table center was designed to be removed, so install shouldn't be an issue, but any tips regarding re-installation, fabrics, logos, etc., are welcome.

Thanks

I currently have speed cloth. It plays fine, looks good. I want to say it's been on there 4 years. We play monthly in a finished upstairs room, so not the basement. I didn't notice it during our games, etc., but with all the window shades open and the daylight, I now notice that the cloth has faded, especially a few inches in from around all of the edges. I have an octagon table, so it appears to be from the play of the cards and chips.

I didn't provide much care, but I'm wondering was it the regular use that has worn the cloth?

Is speed cloth more durable than other materials?

My next cloth will be custom logo, etc., so perhaps speed cloth is best for that?

Best place to order the cloth and or the custom logo?

My table center was designed to be removed, so install shouldn't be an issue, but any tips regarding re-installation, fabrics, logos, etc., are welcome.

Thanks

Yes, the speed cloth can be prone to wear. It's not so much as fading, it's wear from cards and chips. You can try taking a damp cloth to it. That may clean it up a bit. But you're right. It's simple wear and tear. Unavoidable.

Custom cloths are usually a material called gaming suede or velveteen, but you CAN get custom speed cloth. Links is right, T_Chan will hook you up.

Here's his website with some examples of his fine work. http://chanmanpokertables.com/photo-gallery/

But he's a member here, and you can contact him that way.

I just re-did the center of my octagon with padding and speedcloth. I'll post about it soon.
I guess I wish I shopped around for fabrics a little more. I just sort of rushed into it. The speedcloth is fine. It's great, actually. But I think I would have liked something a little softer.

UpNdown, I did the same thing years ago. I really like the speed cloth, but a friend has a lower grade table and the fabric was softer and played a bit better.

In concern I have is will T_chan's fabric hold up to stain, etc., as well. I'll ask him if course

Has anyone used Scotch Guard?

Yes, the speed cloth can be prone to wear. It's not so much as fading, it's wear from cards and chips. You can try taking a damp cloth to it. That may clean it up a bit. But you're right. It's simple wear and tear. Unavoidable.

Custom cloths are usually a material called gaming suede or velveteen, but you CAN get custom speed cloth. Links is right, T_Chan will hook you up.

Here's his website with some examples of his fine work. http://chanmanpokertables.com/photo-gallery/

But he's a member here, and you can contact him that way.

I wiped it with a damp cloth. It didn't make a difference, it made a HUGE difference. I don't keep my table covered, but vacuum it gently from time to time. I wiped it as you suggested and it looked great. I figured once it "dried" it wouldn't be as good, but it was. Was it dirty?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom