Best Bridge Playing Cards? (1 Viewer)

Enigma

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am thinking of buying some new decks of playing cards in the Bridge size.

Currently have 12 packs of Copag Pokerstars Poker-sized cards, but I have heard a lot of people recommending bridge size.

So I thought I would turn to you guys to see what brands you recommend through experience and reputation.

Currently considering Faded Spade and WSOP Copag

Many thanks. ♠️

FADED SPADE 2.0 FTW! Not the greatest picture but they are great if you like stiffer cards. I'm selling all my other decks and have bought a load of Faded Spade 3.0 as well.

82722DCD-CE2C-4D51-BF91-9AE6D423B107.JPG

Fournier Bridge Jumbo 2826 but they are hard to find.

I also like the Desjgn cards by the vendor here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/desjgn.61/

2826 did you say? ;)

20220809_104222-01.jpeg

Hello Everyone

I am thinking of buying some new decks of playing cards in the Bridge size.

Currently have 12 packs of Copag Pokerstars Poker-sized cards, but I have heard a lot of people recommending bridge size.

So I thought I would turn to you guys to see what brands you recommend through experience and reputation.

Currently considering Faded Spade and WSOP Copag

Many thanks. ♠️

There are several posts if you wanted to do the leg work to find via the search tool, but the tl;dr version is this...

Poker sized cards are great if you have a automated shuffler; if you are hand shuffling then bridge is easier on your hands. Automatic shufflers (affordable ones anyway) 'box' bridge cards every so often.

Poker sized cards are also good if you play holdem with a jumbo index, however the efficient recommendation for 4+ card games is a bridge standard index.

That however over looks the 'sight' issue, old people can't see the board cards with standard index. As the typical member hand shuffles and is old / blind we've come to Bridge Jumbo as being regarded as the goto.

We've also had discussions on 4 color is great on the Screen, but sucks on the table.

P.S. Faded spade 1 and 2.0 both are too stiff. I like the texture of them, and the font / design, but the cardboard aspect is too much imo, might be okay if you don't hand shuffle them. I plan to see what is said about the 3.0s, happy to give it a go if they are a different stock.

P.S.S The company that makes Modiano's is a 2 bit pump and dump company that is happy to take your money and offer 0 back if they fuck up the production. I wouldn't do business with them.

Last edited:
I did over look one more aspect of Faded Spades.

The 4 color is the best looking when posting photos of hands, although I'm sure other 4 color manufacturers would compete.

20220228_124618-02.jpeg

I've got some KEM Arrows you could have on loan/buy off me if you want to try them.

EDIT - They don't seem to warp so bad in the UK...

KEMs are the best feeling and shuffling cards I’ve come across. As long as they stay flat, they’re my favorite.

These were by far my favorite as well but I lost too many decks due to the warping. Then I found the Fournier 2826s. To me the feel just like KEMs but with absolutely no warping.

I have settled on Fournier 2826s for bridge-sized and Modiano Platinums for poker-sized (all jumbo index for the old eyes!). Both of these are great to shuffle. I find Copags too slippery but YMMV.

@JeepologyOffroad said I needed to try the WSOP 2012 decks, and gotta say, they are fantastic to shuffle.
I love these cards as well. However, there’s one thing that bugs me… it’s like the edges are so sharp that it’s hard to gather them off the table as a group. The edges seem to bump up against each other preventing them from condensing into a single pile.

Between Copag, Faded Spade, and Fourniers, if durability is the #1 priority, which choice would be best? By durability I mean no marking/bowing (I'm okay with fading, I'm looking for cards that can last a long time with regular home game use.)

I've always used KEM cards but a recent glance at my Amazon history alerted me that I've been replacing them a lot more times than I remembered.

2826 did you say? ;)

There are several posts if you wanted to do the leg work to find via the search tool, but the tl;dr version is this...

Poker sized cards are great if you have a automated shuffler; if you are hand shuffling then bridge is easier on your hands. Automatic shufflers (affordable ones anyway) 'box' bridge cards every so often.

Poker sized cards are also good if you play holdem with a jumbo index, however the efficient recommendation for 4+ card games is a bridge standard index.

That however over looks the 'sight' issue, old people can't see the board cards with standard index. As the typical member hand shuffles and is old / blind we've come to Bridge Jumbo as being regarded as the goto.

We've also had discussions on 4 color is great on the Screen, but sucks on the table.

P.S. Faded spade 1 and 2.0 both are too stiff. I like the texture of them, and the font / design, but the cardboard aspect is too much imo, might be okay if you don't hand shuffle them. I plan to see what is said about the 3.0s, happy to give it a go if they are a different stock.

P.S.S The company that makes Modiano's is a 2 bit pump and dump company that is happy to take your money and offer 0 back if they fuck up the production. I wouldn't do business with them.
PIN IT UP!!!

Kem is the best bridge card, and jumbo is all I’ll buy any more.. But they are crazy expensive and have their issues, so I’ve been searching for an alternative, but still haven’t found the right one. For a while I thought it could be Fournier 2826, but if I’m looking for the PERFECT card, they’re just a bit too stiff and a bit slippery. But they might still be the best available non Kem bridge card.

I will say this though. I just grabbed a setup of KEMs that I’d set aside because we damaged a card. This was months ago, before the heatwave. These cards have been sitting there in a room that has been air conditioned and then not air conditioned, and gone through some pretty lousy heat and humidity in the past month. But they were stored in that cockamamie “face up in their box under a cut card and dealer button” method, and after all that weird weather, they’re still as true as the day they were opened. So although I’m reluctant to be some truther preaching that storage method, all I can say is that it’s worked for me. And maybe based on that, I’ll continue shelling out for KEMs. Because nothing feels like them.

One final thought - it’s worth mentioning that if you don’t like stiff cards, if you’re searching for flexy ones, bridge size cards ALWAYS feel flexier to me than poker size cards on the same stock. Weird but true. I’ve noticed it across multiple manufacturers, so it’s not in my head - poker size cards feel stiffer. Weird.

Kem is the best bridge card, and jumbo is all I’ll buy any more.. But they are crazy expensive and have their issues, so I’ve been searching for an alternative, but still haven’t found the right one. For a while I thought it could be Fournier 2826, but if I’m looking for the PERFECT card, they’re just a bit too stiff and a bit slippery. But they might still be the best available non Kem bridge card.

I have bought the Fournier 2826( these are my only cards at the moment) and I feel the same, a bit too stiff and slippery.

I'm searching for an alternative for a bridge jumbo thats available here in the EU.
I might try searching for the KEMs based on this.

I have bought the Fournier 2826( these are my only cards at the moment) and I feel the same, a bit too stiff and slippery.

I'm searching for an alternative for a bridge jumbo thats available here in the EU.
I might try searching for the KEMs based on this.
Try DalNegro

IMHO… Fournier and Desjgn are the best by a loooooooong way. I don’t mind the slippery-ness of the Fourniers, but if that is an issue then the Desjgn ones are a superb alternative.

I was using KEM and Copags for a long time before these and also can’t complain.

The redneck card database linked above is incredibly useful, but ultimately the "best" cards are the ones you like.

There are cards folks here rave about that I can't stand. Unfortunately it's hard to tell what you like and don't without actually shuffling and using, and there's no easy way to sample cards without buying a deck or setup which can get a bit expensive. The only suggestion I can make is the expensive route... use the database to find the cards closest to what you like as far as feel goes and get single setups of the ones closest to that on the DB and give them a try. If you like them after a game, you can dive in and get more.

I wish this were easier. I have cards I didn't like and wound up donating them to my local VA "Home for Veterans" which were happily received by the volunteers there.

My favorites are quite hard to find, which doesn't help me too much. I keep my eye open for them and when I do spot them, I try to pick up more just in case.

I'm a Copag guy. Easiest to get a hold of at the best price with decent color options and really good durability. I love Kem's but too expensive and damage prone for my main game cards.

I'm a Copag guy. Easiest to get a hold of at the best price with decent color options and really good durability. I love Kem's but too expensive and damage prone for my main game cards.
Yeah that’s the way to go. If you can develop a copag habit, you’re getting off light. They’ve never seemed like the best to me, bet every time I’ve reached for them I’ve ended up thinking they were acceptable at worst. They’re consistent, they’re easy to find, they’re not stupid expensive - that’s probably the place to start.

The redneck card database linked above is incredibly useful, but ultimately the "best" cards are the ones you like.

There are cards folks here rave about that I can't stand. Unfortunately it's hard to tell what you like and don't without actually shuffling and using, and there's no easy way to sample cards without buying a deck or setup which can get a bit expensive. The only suggestion I can make is the expensive route... use the database to find the cards closest to what you like as far as feel goes and get single setups of the ones closest to that on the DB and give them a try. If you like them after a game, you can dive in and get more.

I wish this were easier. I have cards I didn't like and wound up donating them to my local VA "Home for Veterans" which were happily received by the volunteers there.

My favorites are quite hard to find, which doesn't help me too much. I keep my eye open for them and when I do spot them, I try to pick up more just in case.
I agree with above but to my experience if you hosting the best cards are those your players like...
Kind a annoying but you alway trying to accommodate your friends needs and likes.

:rolleyes: Card collecting can be another money sink, it really hard to recommend to people which is the best as different people have different preferences

It just like poker chips, Get samples find the brand that you like and ask around for brand that are similar to the brand you like

I rotate over a dozen set of decks and there are always people who like some and dislike some of the decks

People can dislike the deck just because of superstitious reason like they lost money the last time we played with them

Fournier Bridge Jumbo 2826 but they are hard to find.
Looks like you found this :)

For me the Fourniers are number one. I have the 2826 and the « Arabesque ». I still don't know if I prefer the safety red or the cherry red… @LeLe you have the arabesque too, don't you? I'm sometimes afraid to confuse the red and blue decks for my part

Looks like you found this :)

For me the Fourniers are number one. I have the 2826 and the « Arabesque ». I still don't know if I prefer the safety red or the cherry red… @LeLe you have the arabesque too, don't you? I'm sometimes afraid to confuse the red and blue decks for my part

Yep. I am set for many years :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom