SOLD Benefit auction #3: Nevada Lodge/Club sampler (awesome!) TRK!! 2-day auction (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
BENEFIT AUCTION:

One of our own PCF members could use a helping hand. As I'm sure some of you have seen, @MoscowRadio has recently been in a hit-and-run accident, hit by a car while he was riding his bike. He spent some time in the hospital following his accident, and the cumulative effects of this with medical expenses and missed work at a new job have put him in a scary financial situation. For more information on what is going on with him, please see this post: MORE INFO

To help him out a little, I would like to donate a few items for auction. He's a really good guy, and a bad thing happened to him! Please bid generously on this and my other benefit auctions (all will be either 24-hour or 48 hour auctions, haha), and 100% of the final bidding price will go directly to @MoscowRadio. I will even pay for shipping worldwide!!

If you want to lend a helping hand outside of the efforts of this auction, you can provide a donation directly to @MoscowRadio, to help him get back on his feet. If you want to do this, please PM me directly and I can get you his paypal account. Any little bit would help in his situation!

I know we are all grown-ass adults (well, most of us are anyway), with our own problems real-world problems (lord knows, I have a pretty big one of my own going on right now too). But it really feels good to help out someone who really needs it. Here is a chance, and I'm taking it.

Auction Item #3.... OK, this is the best auction item I have available. If I put up more stuff, it will be very minor compared to this. This, was hard for me to give up.

A 10-chip sampler set of mint/near mint Nevada Lodge/Club TRKs.

You know this was hard for me. This takes me further from completing the barrels/racks that I'm working on. But I thought this would make a really good auction item, so I am releasing a few of my babies. This is not a complete sample set. I didn't have a single spare of the lime green $100, or the Nevada Club $500 (different from the Nevada Lodge $500 currently at auction with the $1000, @41Pickup). There are also a few other colors, to make a totally complete sample set (I don't even have a totally complete set). But there are some fairly hard to find chips here! Damn, I love these chips :)

The starting bid is based on the hammer price of a recent eBay auction, which ONLY included 2 of the chips in my auction. TWO.
Here is that eBay listing: ebay link

Auction is 2-days. It's probably stupid to end this on a Friday night, but I'm putting my money where my mouth is, with regard to keeping auctions short, haha. 48-hour limit for any auction by me. :D
  1. STARTING BID: [ $ 104.50 ]
  2. Bids must be placed using numbers (no images), in whole dollars, and in minimum increments of [ $ 5 ]
  3. NO RESERVE. The Starting Bid of this auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
  4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via PM/Conversation.
  5. No bid edits or bid retractions permitted. (note: ALL edits are logged instantly)
  6. Auction will use the '5 minutes after last closing bid rule'. Highest bid at [ 6pm, Pacific (9pm Eastern), Friday July 12th ] will win unless there is a bid within 5 minutes of closing time - then the closing time will be within 5 minutes after the latest bid was posted. A bid at the close time is NOT a valid bid. Since seconds are not displayed on post timestamps, these examples will be used as a reference.
  7. I reserve the right to: 1) cancel the auction if no bids have been made; 2) edit the listing to correct errors or clarify rules as needed.
  8. PCF (its Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are in no way responsible for any actions in this auction.
  9. Shipping Terms: [ I will pay shipping world wide -- this is a benefit, YO! ]
  10. Payment Terms: [ Paypal friends and family, directly to @MoscowRadio ]

Help our chipping brother out.

There may be another benefit auction from me, maybe (I haven't figured out what a 4th auction would be yet)....but believe me, THIS is the best one. If I find anything else to auction, it will pale in comparison to this grand prize.

Edit - it looks like that roulette chip in the photo is in a little rougher shape than I'd like...I'll find a better one to include in this auction. All of the labels on the green roulette chips are a bit discolored by age, but I know I can find a better one than in the photo.

0255AB73-BB9F-4C83-9F1B-2BB277A38749.jpeg

409C32EC-F826-42CA-BA5E-3ABBC09A5FE1.jpeg

AD31227A-4B0D-4379-A321-ACC13BAF9489.jpeg

6EFDF566-311C-4CC5-880A-26DB3D2198CC.jpeg
1F2B4AD0-ADD2-4C1D-A51A-B135319A6700.jpeg

301E9856-5942-42FC-9645-8751C0B79F52.jpeg

Last edited:
  1. STARTING BID: [ $ 104.50 ]
  2. Bids must be placed using numbers (no images), in whole dollars, and in minimum increments of [ $ 5 ]

Seems to be a conflict with the "whole dollars" rule and the starting bid. ;)

States "Minimum Increments", so technically you ought to be able to bid +$5.01 I think. Although I think @Tommy is right about the conflict! :p

Mel, good on you for running these for a fellow member!

Seems to be a conflict with the "whole dollars" rule and the starting bid. ;)

Haha. I guess only an initial bid $104.50 would have been invalid, based on the "whole dollar" rule.
Oops, I guess I screwed that up a little bit.

Let me clarify. Bids should be whole dollars, and at least $5 more than the prior bid.

Is more clarification necessary?
Sorry, my eyes were a little misty when I was posting this ad. ;)

silly ebayers. any serious collector already has the $5 and $25.

i want the $1 - never seen one so deep blue with square edges - amazing.

frac would be nice too.

i bid $250.

Winner! You're right @partiallife, you're going to LOVE this $1 -- it is amazing.

Thank you for your generosity. PM coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom