Barrington poker table thread (29 Viewers)

Got this done yesterday:

View attachment 586021

Upgrades:
  • Black Suited Speed cloth
  • 1/4" "Ensolite" playing surface
  • 2 1/4" cup holders
All things considered it fits my needs at a price point I am more than comfortable with. Thanks for everyone's posts. Made this process much simpler for a beginner DIYer like myself!

I finally mustered up the courage to draw a betting line on my table...

PXL_20210526_231301105.jpg

It's not perfect, but I'm damn happy with how it turned out. Wish I would've done it sooner!

going to be re-felting soon with some cloth i got from @T_Chan , but also wanted to replace the foam. where do you guys get your 1/4" Ensolite ?

Got my table. Not crazy about the fold in the middle, so I contacted like a million custom gaming mouse pad manufacturers and found one that will do a full size rollout mat with custom art work. I'll keep this thread posted once I receive it and let you know how it works. My idea would be to cut it to precisely the dimensions of the playing area and put it down before every game (e.g. not re-felting the table) so we don't have the crease there.

Fingers crossed!

I contacted like a million custom gaming mouse pad manufacturers and found one that will do a full size rollout mat with custom art work. I'll keep this thread posted once I receive it and let you know how it works.
Yes, please keep us informed of your progress!

Got my table. Not crazy about the fold in the middle, so I contacted like a million custom gaming mouse pad manufacturers and found one that will do a full size rollout mat with custom art work. I'll keep this thread posted once I receive it and let you know how it works. My idea would be to cut it to precisely the dimensions of the playing area and put it down before every game (e.g. not re-felting the table) so we don't have the crease there.

Fingers crossed!
How much was the quote?

Fingers crossed!
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I've tried to find out who make the PCF table toppers that we have GBs for here. I'd like to have several different custom ones made, then build a table that they would fit on so that I could change them out whenever I wanted to. If this one of yours isn't too expensive, I'd be interested in using them too.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I've tried to find out who make the PCF table toppers that we have GBs for here. I'd like to have several different custom ones made, then build a table that they would fit on so that I could change them out whenever I wanted to. If this one of yours isn't too expensive, I'd be interested in using them too.
I'll let you all know once I hear back. I agree, being able to switch them in and out would be really cool.

Alright I have the quote back from a vendor in New Zealand. They're charging me $150 for 3mm rubber backed mouse pad (74" x 32") and $160 for 4mm. Both are full print custom artwork options and free shipping worldwide(!!!) I'm going to go with the 4mm option and will post more details here for you all then. Not providing the vendor info at this moment only because he was somewhat hesitant to do it to begin with and I want to make sure the quality is worth even recommending to you all as fellow chippers. If this works out, though, it could mean a lot more business for this guy lol. Pretty excited about this!

I'm just finalizing my artwork now, so I expect something more to share by ~ early August hopefully.

I can get behind free worldwide shipping
Yeah no shit!

I'm curious about this too... it's a cool idea if nothing else but I'm a little skeptical about playability and how it's going to hold up over time. Mousepads tend to wear over time and they're not designed to be stain resistant or anything (I don't think).

It’s a great idea, but the price seems sky high to me. I understand that one-offs are going to be expensive, but that’s almost 3x as much as the PCF mousepad tat or top mats, and those are a thicker pad. You can get a fully custom photo-quality replacement cloth for that price, which will almost certainly be a better quality and more durable playing surface.
it’s a creat idea. I love great ideas (I have plenty of great ideas; problem is most of them stink - Carlin.). And I am usually first in line to overpay for a crazy, great idea. So I get it. But just saying - this is not cheap.

The PCF mat is thicker than 4mm? I find that hard to believe, considering I have other poker mats that are < 2mm in thickness. If they are, that's outstanding and we should find out what manufacturer did them. Can you confirm?

A cheaper solution might be to get a budget poker mat (around $40), cut it to size, and cover it with a custom cloth (using spray adhesive). Or just cut it to size (most are 72x36) and use it as-is on top of the Barrington.

A cheaper solution might be to get a budget poker mat (around $40), cut it to size, and cover it with a custom cloth (using spray adhesive).
I had often wondered how feasible it would be to get a decent foam like Ensolite and use a spray adhesive to attach speed cloth. I wonder how well it would roll up and store.

I had often wondered how feasible it would be to get a decent foam like Ensolite and use a spray adhesive to attach speed cloth. I wonder how well it would roll up and store.
Speedcloth is pretty stiff; gaming cloth would both adhere and roll much better. I've done it with various store fabrics on 1/4" upholstery headliner foam.

SSC would probably be okay so long as you didn't roll it too tightly (minimu 8" to 10" diamater roll, etc.). Just need to make sure to use ample adhesive and let it thoroughly dry.

A cheaper solution might be to get a budget poker mat (around $40), cut it to size, and cover it with a custom cloth (using spray adhesive). Or just cut it to size (most are 72x36) and use it as-is on top of the Barrington.
Chanman custom felts are > $200 so I felt like $150 was a bargain considering they're claiming to be HD print and it comes with 4mm of rubber backing. If anyone knows where the PCF mats came from I am happy to investigate further.

Lots of poker cloth options for well under $100. But do what you want.

Ask @Tommy about the source for the PCF mats.

For those of you that have this table, how vexing is the fold in the playing area? Do cards ever get caught there?

Would you rather play on a nice dining table with the PCF topper or a stock barrington folding table? (Not a re-felted one)

For those of you that have this table, how vexing is the fold in the playing area? Do cards ever get caught there?

Would you rather play on a nice dining table with the PCF topper or a stock barrington folding table? (Not a re-felted one)
I would take the PCF topper over a stock Barrington table, but I would take a refelted Barrington table over a PCF topper. The stock felt on the Barrington table is THAT BAD! Once you deal with that felt, the rest of the table is pretty decent.

+1 the felt on the barrington table is like playing on a flannel sheet. It's awful.

The fold in the table isn’t a bother?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom