Bankroll Management: Do You Practice It? (1 Viewer)

I keep a totally separate poker bankroll. I used to just keep cash at home, but when it got above 2 digits to the left of the comma I decided to open a poker bank account. I pay for all my chips and poker related expenses out of this bankroll. It feels good that I earned all my chips playing poker.

I haven't had a 5 figure bank roll in 9 years. I miss those days. On the other hand, I took my winnings from '03-'06 and payed for a PhD and a car, so I figure my job owes my poker life some money back.

Oh yeah this for sure!!! Drives me nucking futs, but it isn't like I can say no...

Reviving a necro thread, but this is my solution to that problem:
bankroll.jpg

Last session I brought my $500 home in $25 chips as well as buy some $25's from a friend before he cashed out..

This way it stays in the poker roll and cannot be siphoned from :) also makes it easier to buy in at the table!

I am in a similar situation with a wife that doesn't like the money risked at all, so I need to keep a separate roll of $ outside of household income for my 'hobby'. When she saw the ~$1050 in poker chips, I said that's my poker bankroll, and her response? "Where the hell did you get THAT money??".... umm I won it honey :) LOL

I will be slowly adding to the bankroll with some cash side jobs, I want at least $3k but more is better as I move up through 1/2 into 2/5. I'm taking part in RedChipPoker and will likely become a PRO member soon to really dive into training videos and strategy to improve quickly... I am only able to play 4-5 hours per week so I have lots of time for learning.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom