Authors or Aspiring Authors - please share (1 Viewer)

Phantom

Full House
Reaction score
G'day all,

As previously discussed, I have written an account of my family in the Great War (1914-1918), in which we sent 11 boys to fight. I have been a student of military history for over 30 years. I have read extensively and travelled to France on two occasions to walk in their footsteps, sometimes their last. I have a great passion for this and am extremely proud of what my family has done. My story does not seek to glorify war as it is incredibly painful and horrible. It seeks to discover what made these boys go, and what made them such effective soldiers. Finally, what life did they lead after this terrible conflict?

I have always wanted to write a book, and although I had the passion, it was the know-how that was lacking :). After five years, I am submitting the 250K word manuscript (MS) to the editor tomorrow :), and hope to have it published by October/November 2017. Perhaps it is the first of many (I hope :)).

It made me think of how many of you have either; written a book already; are currently working on one; or, are hoping to do so in the future.

If you have written one already, share it with us and the experience you had in writing it, and why you wrote it.

If you are in the midst of the process (like me :)), what are you writing about and how are you going with the whole experience, and when do you hope to be done.

If you are an aspiring author, what are your passions and ideas and why haven't you started writing yet :)?

Cheers,
Adam

Tell us a bit more about it Rob :). Was it for work? Is this a personal interest? How did you come to write it?

Mostly I assisted in writing it as a way for my sister to get promoted at her job. She and I both work in the same field, and she was approached by the publisher. I will get nothing out of this except knowing I helped her.

A bunch of folks here at PCF helped early in the process by taking one of our tests. Unfortunately the quality of that early instrument was insufficient to produce good results.

Mostly I helped run the data collection and analysis that informed the writing.

I should go back to that thread to thank those who did take it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom