Cancelled Aurora Star cash set (1,300 chips remain) - available for splitting (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chawks45

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Up for your consideration is my Aurora Star set, which contains 1,500 1,300 chips and will include two dealer buttons (one is acrylic).

This is a dibs sale for CONUS shipping. Yes, USPS includes Hawai’i, Alaska and Puerto Rico in its CONUS flat-rate domestic Priority Mail shipping fees.

I’ve had the set for almost three years and the chips are in excellent condition. Feel free to see the photos below to judge for yourself. The set was recently in play at KCS II, and you can see them on the felt here, here and here.

I built this set to handle my .25/.50 (good amount of $1 workhorse chips) and 1/2 (good amount of workhorse $5s) games. And there’s flexibility to do a soft 2/5 game.

Breakdown of the set:
  • Fracs – 100
  • $1 – 500
  • $5 – 600
  • $25 – 200
  • $100 – 100
IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

This set is on the market for $7,600, plus shipping and insurance (strongly recommend the latter).

Please note my preference is to sell the set to a single buyer. I would only consider a split if all chips are accounted for, but, again, hopefully there's a single buyer out there.

EDITED on Thursday, Aug. 3, 2023:

Set is now available for splitting at the following pricing, plus shipping:
  • One rack of fracs - $700
  • Five racks of $1s - $310 per rack
  • Six Four racks of $5s remain - $550 per rack (one rack each sold to @dkellerd; and @encorepoker)
  • Two racks of $25s - $650 per rack
  • One rack of $100s - $800
Payment via PayPal F&F preferred. Should the buyer desire PP G&S, buyer is responsible for calculating and adding the fee, which can be done here, to the total owed.

Please post dibs in thread, followed by a PM.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
In for a rack of 5s if split…or just peel me off a rack now if you want to fulfill my wanted ad and complete my set. ;)

Nice chips, but your table really caught my eye. Looks very cool and and unique. Any more pictures or background on the table (sorry if this is getting off topic)
?

Nice chips, but your table really caught my eye. Looks very cool and and unique. Any more pictures or background on the table (sorry if this is getting off topic)
?

No problem, @Matrixmoney.

I'm retired Army, served 20 years on active duty before hanging up uniform in 2006. I've always wanted to capture my time in uniform outside of the normal Army awards, medals, etc., soldiers receive upon retirement.

Poker and any card game is a large part of the military culture, especially when in a forward-deployed zone, so they became my starting point. To completely personalize it all, I combined my two biggest loves -- Army and poker -- and commissioned the incomparable @T_Chan to build my dream table back in the spring of 2020. It was a three-month wait, but so worth it when it arrived in August 2020.

The table mesures 108x44, bigger than most tables, and weighs a nice 340 pounds. Why so big? I wanted comfort and space for whenever old soldiers are at the table.

The Army's official colors are Black and Gold, so I incorporated it with the felt, wood, decorative nails, brass cupholders and betting line. I went with the green felt because I served during the BDU era before the Army went to its current uniform in late 2006'ish. BDUs began to phase out in 2005. I didn't go with OD Green felt, but an off-color of it, and then we faded in the green from dark to lighter starting from the rail. Well, I didn't - Tony and his people did that felt work.

At each seating position are patches representing the units I served with, and they're all in chronological order starting at Seat 1 and going clockwise. The only spot not boasting a unit patch is Seat 10, which represents the empty feeling I've had in my soul since leaving the Army. I utilize a dedicated dealer at my game, so this is where he sits.

The 1 1/2-inch raised rail holds the U.S. Army Drill Sergeant badge at four central locations. I was a Drill Sergeant at Fort Jackson, S.C. (1997-99), so had to work in my time on the trail. I also went with the mottos along the raised rail:

- "This We'll Defend!" right at Seat 1. This is the official Army motto and the Drill Sergeant motto.
- Then, the 1st Infantry Division's official motto of: "No mission too difficult. No sacrifice too great. Duty First!"

The table has LED lights in the rail, and there are 10 USB ports at each seat.

These are photos of the felt being custom fitted and table build when Tony was doing his magic in Canada:

2020-08-07 17.35.40.jpg

1.jpg

And here it is in my poker room:

IMG_5196.JPG

IMG_3160.jpg

Hope that answers your question.

I was curious, if anyone knows, if you pay goods and services fee, then set goes missing, does paypal refund your total money ? Or, if you pay insurance to post office for shipping, and the package goes missing, the post office pays the sender who reimburses you ? If you pay both and package goes missing, do you get both payments ?? Just curious

I was curious, if anyone knows, if you pay goods and services fee, then set goes missing, does paypal refund your total money ? Or, if you pay insurance to post office for shipping, and the package goes missing, the post office pays the sender who reimburses you ? If you pay both and package goes missing, do you get both payments ?? Just curious

Are you looking to hire a package thief? Just curious. :LOL: :laugh:

In all seriousness though, good question. I think USPS "insurance" is worthless, but Paypal G&S might work (although now there are tax implications for the seller as well).

I believe that G@S would make the buyer whole. The seller would be out of luck without binding insurance coverage.

Reactions: ovo

I'm retired Army, served 20 years on active duty before hanging up uniform in 2006. I've always wanted to capture my time in uniform outside of the normal Army awards, medals, etc., soldiers receive upon retirement.

Poker and any card game is a large part of the military culture, especially when in a forward-deployed zone, so they became my starting point. To completely personalize it all, I combined my two biggest loves -- Army and poker -- and commissioned the incomparable @T_Chan to build my dream table back in the spring of 2020. It was a three-month wait, but so worth it when it arrived in August 2020.

The table mesures 108x44, bigger than most tables, and weighs a nice 340 pounds. Why so big? I wanted comfort and space for whenever old soldiers are at the table.

The Army's official colors are Black and Gold, so I incorporated it with the felt, wood, decorative nails, brass cupholders and betting line. I went with the green felt because I served during the BDU era before the Army went to its current uniform in late 2006'ish. BDUs began to phase out in 2005. I didn't go with OD Green felt, but an off-color of it, and then we faded in the green from dark to lighter starting from the rail. Well, I didn't - Tony and his people did that felt work.

At each seating position are patches representing the units I served with, and they're all in chronological order starting at Seat 1 and going clockwise. The only spot not boasting a unit patch is Seat 10, which represents the empty feeling I've had in my soul since leaving the Army. I utilize a dedicated dealer at my game, so this is where he sits.

The 1 1/2-inch raised rail holds the U.S. Army Drill Sergeant badge at four central locations. I was a Drill Sergeant at Fort Jackson, S.C. (1997-99), so had to work in my time on the trail. I also went with the mottos along the raised rail:

- "This We'll Defend!" right at Seat 1. This is the official Army motto and the Drill Sergeant motto.
- Then, the 1st Infantry Division's official motto of: "No mission too difficult. No sacrifice too great. Duty First!"

These are photos of the felt being custom fitted and table build when Tony was doing his magic in Canada:

View attachment 1169247

View attachment 1169248

View attachment 1169249

View attachment 1169250

Hi Chawk,

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing the details of your table with me. I've never seen such thought in purpose and meaning go into a table like this, but it definitely makes it unique and interesting. I LOVE how you did the seat positions with your unit patches, again what a brilliant and creative way to uniquely express a story built around you on the table. I'm sure your poker nights are filled with a ton of entertaining stories and fun. You definitely stick out as someone that people are lucky to know and joy to be around/play with. Again, thank you for sharing your awesome story, I am now interested in seeing if I can find other custom legendary tables with a story to tell like yours.

I was curious, if anyone knows, if you pay goods and services fee, then set goes missing, does paypal refund your total money ?

Yes, I believe they will. If you don't receive your purchase, or it is different than what was described (promised mint, but received bike tires), you are supposed to contact the seller first, and work out a remedy (like a refund or shipping a replacement item). PayPal will make you do this step.

If a remedy can not be reached, then G&S will get you your money back after the buyer proves that no shipment was received, and no remedy could be reached. (Getting your money back this way is known as a charge back.)

This is very bad for the seller, as PayPal will pull the money from their PayPal account, or bank account. And the seller could lose their PayPal account.

Only use the G&S refund (charge back) if you know (for sure) that the seller is trying to screw you over.

so it's in the seller's best interest to pay for insurance
In this instance, it might be.

You should only use G&S payments for people you don't trust, or if you want to pay with a credit card. Otherwise, you are just giving PayPal free money and putting extra burden on the seller.

As a side note: I'm not trying to tell people to specifically use FF or GS. There's a time and place to use either, but GS puts the onus on the sellers, while PayPal gets to keep all those fees for themselves.

Or, if you pay insurance to post office for shipping, and the package goes missing, the post office pays the sender who reimburses you ?

The post office (USPS) will make the sender provide proof of shipment (tracking number with the package being ACCEPTED is good enough), and proof of the cost of the item (the OP).
If the shipping box arrives damaged and the contents are damaged, the receiver will need to take photos of the shipping box and the contents that were damaged. (Receiver takes photos, forwards them to sender, who then forwards to USPS.)
After the USPS finishes their investigation (could take up to 4 weeks), they will cut the sender a check for the amount of the insured item, plus the shipping cost (including the cost of insurance). The seller can then refund that money back to the buyer.

If you pay both and package goes missing, do you get both payments ?? Just curious
No, if the shipping insurance pays, then you don't get a refund from PayPal G&S, because the insurance payout is considered a "refund" in PayPal's eyes.

This info is coming from my personal experience. YMMV.

Yes, I believe they will. If you don't receive your purchase, or it is different than what was described (promised mint, but received bike tires), you are supposed to contact the seller first, and work out a remedy (like a refund or shipping a replacement item). PayPal will make you do this step.

If a remedy can not be reached, then G&S will get you your money back after the buyer proves that no shipment was received, and no remedy could be reached. (Getting your money back this way is known as a charge back.)

This is very bad for the seller, as PayPal will pull the money from their PayPal account, or bank account. And the seller could lose their PayPal account.

Only use the G&S refund (charge back) if you know (for sure) that the seller is trying to screw you over.

In this instance, it might be.

You should only use G&S payments for people you don't trust, or if you want to pay with a credit card. Otherwise, you are just giving PayPal free money and putting extra burden on the seller.

As a side note: I'm not trying to tell people to specifically use FF or GS. There's a time and place to use either, but GS puts the onus on the sellers, while PayPal gets to keep all those fees for themselves.

The post office (USPS) will make the sender provide proof of shipment (tracking number with the package being ACCEPTED is good enough), and proof of the cost of the item (the OP).
If the shipping box arrives damaged and the contents are damaged, the receiver will need to take photos of the shipping box and the contents that were damaged. (Receiver takes photos, forwards them to sender, who then forwards to USPS.)
After the USPS finishes their investigation (could take up to 4 weeks), they will cut the sender a check for the amount of the insured item, plus the shipping cost (including the cost of insurance). The seller can then refund that money back to the buyer.

No, if the shipping insurance pays, then you don't get a refund from PayPal G&S, because the insurance payout is considered a "refund" in PayPal's eyes.

This info is coming from my personal experience. YMMV.

So lets say $2000 order of chips were all badly damaged during shipment. Shipping insurance was covered for $2,000. When does the buyer get the money back? Before or after the seller gets the money back from USPS? If the latter, this could take a long time and shippers have been notoriously known to deny many shipping insurance claims, so what happens in this event of a denial or very long time until refund?

View attachment 1169247

View attachment 1169248

View attachment 1169249

View attachment 1169250

Thank you for your service and beautiful table! Well deserved!

So lets say $2000 order of chips were all badly damaged during shipment. Shipping insurance was covered for $2,000. When does the buyer get the money back? Before or after the seller gets the money back from USPS? If the latter, this could take a long time and shippers have been notoriously known to deny many shipping insurance claims, so what happens in this event of a denial or very long time until refund?
Probably best at this point to move the discussion out of someone's Classifieds ad? :)

Back to the regularly scheduled program. @Chawks45 packs chips extremely well so rest assured the chips are well protected.

I was able to play with these chips during KCS II. Only time I got a big stack was when I opened my wallet so maybe that’s a lot of good luck for the new owner? Lol. Sadly no pictures.

Probably best at this point to move the discussion out of someone's Classifieds ad? :)

I want to apologize to @Chawks45 for getting off topic. I have created a separate thread to further discuss potential shipping issues.

These chips and the set is gorgeous. I hope it can all stay together.
GLWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom