ATTN: Jockey mold chip owners - opinions on chip performance/thickness/etc.? (1 Viewer)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Only set I can immediately recall is @Dale_Doback's (which is beautiful and can be seen here). Who else has a set?

I'm looking for opinions on feel, uniformity of thickness, weight, texture on face of chip, or anything else you think is notable. I know the mold is extremely theme-specific, but that hasn't stopped us in the past, so I'm a little surprised more folks haven't gone with this one.

I'm looking for opinions on feel, uniformity of thickness, weight, texture on face of chip, or anything else you think is notable.
When I first held my Maggini's samples in my hand, that was the only time I held a CPC-produced chip and my brain said, "Paulson?". The weight is clearly not there, but the mold itself is the closest i think you can get to the THC mold. Feels great, looks great, and light plays/reflects off of it as your brain expects it to. I have at least two sets I've mocked on that mold, and if I ever come into silly expendable money, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger (the only reason I don't at the moment is lack of need since I already have some customs that I love and I don't really *need* any more...yet).

the mold itself is the closest i think you can get to the THC mold. Feels great, looks great, and light plays/reflects off of it as your brain expects it to.
^^ Totally this. A toss-up between jockey and diasqr as best CPC molds available in my view. Sound, feel, and looks are all excellent. My eventual custom set will be on the jockey mold.

Unless under magnification or macro photography, the jockey impressions are small and generic enough to not cause theme issues, imo -- unlike the A, B, or HHR mold details, which are all large and distinct enough that you can't miss 'em in the final product.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a generic solid hotstamp nickel and quarter on the jockey mold solely for the purposes of mixing in with Paulson THC cash sets. Nice to know others share my opinion of the similarities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom