Athenian Owl Club V2 pr0n (2 Viewers)

Coyote

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
-"We pursue beauty through frugality; we pursue wisdom without idling"
-"Mankind will keep marvelling to eternity at what we' ve achieved in this City, those last few decades" (utterly hair-raising; they knew!)
"You know how sweet life can be but still go undeterred into the horrors of combat. You are the heroes 'cause you are making sacrifices, while your opponents have lived all their life in cruelty, anyway"

(From Pericles' Funeral Speech for the first dead of Athens in the Peloponnesian War against Sparta, as preserved by Thucydides in the second of his "Eight Books of the Peloponnesian Warre".)

Acropolis-Athens34.jpg

"...and an empty coffin is paraded to honour those Missing in Action, whose bodies were never recovered after combat"
(excerpt from Thucyidides inscribed on the Monument of the Unknown Soldier)

ΜΙΑ ΚΛΙΝΗ ΚΕΝΗ.jpg

The silver Athenian tetradrachm (4-drachma coin) featuring the CIty's namesake Goddess (Athena) and her holy bird, the wise Owl.
athenianowl4884579-023.jpg

On to the Version 2 cash set, now:

_MG_7220.jpg

_MG_7234.jpg

_MG_7242.jpg

_MG_7287.jpg

_MG_7231.jpg

Thank you all for your love.:)
This set sounds better than V1, having a smaller (1in instead of 1&1/16in) inlay.
I have obviously adopted a liberal interpretation of Cali color norms.
Many thanks to @JeepologyOffroad and @Ethan , as well as other members who contributed their valuable opinions.:):)
I also thought about making them two-sided, to have the ΑΘΕ inscription on one side and the denom on the other, but finally decided to keep the ΑΘΕ only on the ND fractional, since the denominations are somewhat small and couldn't get any bigger on that inlay.

Awesome!!

What sized inlays and what was the turnaround time on the A=mold?

just read where you stated 1" inlay

Congrats, some great combos in this lineup, nicely done. Would you mind posting the full color breakdown?

I'm quite surprised that is DG Yellow; I thought for sure it was DG Saturn.

Either way, nice work and beautiful set!
The DG Yellow is still a little bit greenish, compared to the brilliant Paulson yellow in Jeep's possession (I now admit that I copied to the degree possible that Paulson chip, for the fiver).:)

Love these as I love V1. That 10 is chip perfection for me. Congrats!

Cruelly ironically, the Gyros and all forms of grilling meat, sliced, minced or whatever, on a spit of whatever size, as well as generally impaling dead animals for grilling and live humans for torturing, is a purely Central Asian Mongholic / Turkic thing, brought to the Mediterranean and Europe by invading Turks.

The ancient and medieval Greek method is BBQ (iron grid) or an oven / pit in the ground.
Hell, even the current Greek word for the spit is souvla (Latin subula), with souvlaki being its diminutive.

Wow niko! They are stunning! :love: I think the 20 is my favorite of the bunch

It's interesting to see how we adopted a know-how from hostile foreigners (who ruled on us for 4 centuries) and then perfected it and disseminated it the World over.

If you do temporarily relocate to L.A., I'll take you for al pastor tacos. It's marinated/seasoned pork stacked on a vertical rotating spit called a trompo. Same origins as the gyro, the technique was brought to Mexico by Lebanese immigrants in the late 19th century.

Cruelly ironically, the Gyros and all forms of grilling meat, sliced, minced or whatever, on a spit of whatever size, as well as generally impaling dead animals for grilling and live humans for torturing, is a purely Central Asian Mongholic / Turkic thing, brought to the Mediterranean and Europe by invading Turks.

The ancient and medieval Greek method is BBQ (iron grid) or an oven / pit in the ground.
Hell, even the current Greek word for the spit is souvla (Latin subula), with souvlaki being its diminutive.

turkish food is awesome! there's a place right near my work.

also, sweet chips!

turkish food is awesome! there's a place right near my work.

also, sweet chips!
After 4 centuries of coexistence, even in hostility and hatred, and the cultural meddley that ensued, it would be rather stupid to claim there is "Turkish" or "Greek" food nowadays.
Still both sides claim that. I did not.
80% of the respective cuisines is common and culturally co-produced.

that retro lavender 20 is gorgeous too. Quickly becoming a favorite color of mine

Love these as I love V1. That 10 is chip perfection for me. Congrats!

Wow niko! They are stunning! :love: I think the 20 is my favorite of the bunch

All of them are my children, but I have to admit that the 10 and the 20 are my favorites, even if I started designing the set around the famous 5.
I have some remorse for making the frac look like a poor relative (2V12 instead of 3V12) but that's going to be its role in this life.:)

Love the use of color on this set as purple is the best. Perfect mix of brights and more saturated colors.

Seeing your chip and the proofs I feel like dayglo yellow should really be updated on the poker chip designer. The final result looks great in your product but it could really throw someone off if they arent expecting a highlighter yellow when designing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom