ASM Wear (3 Viewers)

Certain DG colors used as a base may have small stack-height inconsistencies compared to other chips, but will be consistent within the denom. David and Co. have done a great job of recognizing and minimizing this (much more so than *cough* the previous owners *cough*) and this is one of several reasons why they discourage using DG colors as base colors.

I don't know if I can avoid doing that when I get my CPCs. I may need to get some shuffling chips then.
I want to chime in here. When I got my Key West set from Dennis, one of the first things I mentioned was that I saw faint striations in the chip under direct light. Now, I had never handled a CPC chip before so I didn't know what to expect and had never spent that much on a chip before (1.40 - although that's super cheap compared to what it cost to make them!)

Here is what I noticed.

After about 2000 shuffles with the sample set, the sides and edges became softer, the texture was polished further and didn't have that new "coarse" feeling, and the striations, although still there, became far less noticable because the chip effectively became broken in.

I actually don't even notice them anymore.

The big huge gigantic difference is that the sides and edges became softer and the feel improved with shuffling.

Like a fine wine guys. Ages nicely. Very nicely. So nicely that I wouldn't mind hopping into bed with these chips (as long as Lauren lets me - she sees these chips as "the other woman").

Oh well that's my opinion. I'm sure lots will tell you the same or better.

I bought my HH mold some time before 09 and they were uneven right out of the box. Green was the color that didn't stack correct.

I got my ASM HH solids (non day glow) in 2010 & 2011. All even heights, and while I like the chalky sharpness, the 'broken in after a few years' feeling is far better imho. It took a while to get there, they're used probably once every 2 months on average over the past 5 years.

As with any earlier poster my ASM have never stacked evenly, it's minor but it is there. That's within denoms and between denoms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom