Cash Game Asking for advice on hosting a cash game for the first time (2 Viewers)

.25/.25 is what we do at our cash game. Dealer choice between HoldEM, Pineapple and Omaha. It works out well for our group. We can top up between hands to the original buy in of $20, but if a player is at $5 or below, they can buy an extra $20 at that time.
We can bet .25 min or above with no need to need to double up the last raise. Someone can raise to .75, and the next can raise to $1.00, etc.
Our game is mostly social. More banter than anyone going home broke or rich.
Our games are 4.5 hours long, then cash out.

.25/.25 is what we do at our cash game. Dealer choice between HoldEM, Pineapple and Omaha. It works out well for our group. We can top up between hands to the original buy in of $20, but if a player is at $5 or below, they can buy an extra $20 at that time.
We can bet .25 min or above with no need to need to double up the last raise. Someone can raise to .75, and the next can raise to $1.00, etc.
Our game is mostly social. More banter than anyone going home broke or rich.
Our games are 4.5 hours long, then cash out.
Just to clarify, when you say "dealer's choice" you're not changing games every hand are you? We usually play a set rotation of 4 different games, but we always play a full circuit of each game before making a change. Playing a different game every hand would be mind numbing.

Just to clarify, when you say "dealer's choice" you're not changing games every hand are you? We usually play a set rotation of 4 different games, but we always play a full circuit of each game before making a change. Playing a different game every hand would be mind numbing.
Dealer choice means whatever he wants to deal between the 3 games. Out of 8 players, half of the table deal hold em all the time, 2-3 deal Pineapple and 1 or 2 deal Omaha. It's not that chaotic.
I do like the idea of a circuit rotation, but most can only handle Omaha on occasion.
Everyone seems to like Pineapple the best of all the circus games.

Dealer choice means whatever he wants to deal between the 3 games. Out of 8 players, half of the table deal hold em all the time, 2-3 deal Pineapple and 1 or 2 deal Omaha. It's not that chaotic.
I do like the idea of a circuit rotation, but most can only handle Omaha on occasion.
Everyone seems to like Pineapple the best of all the circus games.
Obviously you do what works for you. But that would be a hard pass for me. The thought of possibly playing a different game every hand would not be enjoyable. If I'm going to be playing a non standard game, (anything not NLHE or PLO) I want to play it several hands in a row in order get into the flow of the game. It's no wonder to me that half your group deals only hold'em every time it's their choice. They never get the chance to actually experience how fun the other games can be. Or to develop any expertise playing it.

Nothing really to add to this discussion except for…
1678481269106.gif

Thanks!

I just switched to shuffling behind, and it's so much better. I have no clue why I shuffled ahead for so many years o_O
I wish some of the guys I play with realized this. As soon as I'm not in they talk the rest of the table into shuffling ahead instead and mess everyone up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom