SOLD AS Tourney set - 880 chips (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for checking @Emlemleml, but absolutely nothing. I suspect the chips in our deal were the ones he auctioned off. I should have outed the situation before the auctions ended, but he was deceptive enough to make me think he was going to make things right. Instead, he turned classless and quit responding to messages.

Again, I appreciate you asking.

Little premature for banning, imo. Only one side of the story being told here, just sayin'.

I’m all for the banning. Hey, @BGinGA, are you kidding?! Do you not think he’s had more than ample time to tell his side??????? I’m guessing there’s a reason he has been hiding from it, don’t you think??

I’m all for the banning. Hey, @BGinGA, are you kidding?! Do you not think he’s had more than ample time to tell his side??????? I’m guessing there’s a reason he has been hiding from it, don’t you think??

I dont know the backstory but I suggest going direct to him and the admins. Creating a drama shit storm in threads wont accomplish anything.

Good Luck.

I dont know the backstory but I suggest going direct to him and the admins. Creating a drama shit storm in threads wont accomplish anything.

Good Luck.

You wouldn’t want to know about his antics if you were going to do a deal with him? Also, it’s easy for you to say when you weren’t the one involved. I actually had several people PM to thank me for outing him for what he did. I would want you to do the same if someone screwed you.

He hasn't been online since you posted itt. I understand you brought this up to him long before 6/22/18. I haven't heard from him.

From everything you posted....yes it sounds like he screwed you. BUT, you didn't lose any money or anything. He didn't rob you.

You wouldn’t want to know about his antics if you were going to do a deal with him? Also, it’s easy for you to say when you weren’t the one involved. I actually had several people PM to thank me for outing him for what he did. I would want you to do the same if someone screwed you.

I am not saying to keep things under wraps. I think by now everyone is aware to watch out regarding OP.

Having a bunch of people jump in that are not involved calling for bans etc. doesnt help.

Talking to admins and going through proper channels will likely yeild the best result. Thats all I am saying. If they determine its necessary they can create a sticky.

A circle jerk witch hunt doesnt accomplish anything. Obviously it sucks getting scammed or jerked around.

Always two sides to every story. I'm not assuming anything.... including any reasons -- valid or not -- for him not posting.

Best approach would be to take it offline, then post when you have the complete facts rather than assumptions.

Always two sides to every story. I'm not assuming anything.... including any reasons -- valid or not -- for him not posting.

Best approach would be to take it offline, then post when you have the complete facts rather than assumptions.

@BGinGA, I appreciate the fact that you’re sticking up for your compadre. It is valiant of you. But at the same time, don’t be naive. He might have not logged on for a while, but he has been on PLENTY enough to have had the opportunity to share his “side” of the story. I think it should be clearly obvious why he has chosen to hide out. I, probably more than anyone, would love to hear how he can justify his deception and outright lies.

Don't worry mate, you have all the reasons to out him, their are no excuses.
And yes, members like Brains should be banned, they have no place in our community.

When you are having life issues, it's doesn't give you a reason to scam other people.

None of this belongs in a sale thread.

And it has not been demonstrated or proven that anybody was scammed whatsoever. @DMack -- exactly what are the damages you incurred?

@BGinGA, just keep sticking up for him. I would love to see how you would react if the same thing happened to you. I mean seriously.

I might not be out any money, but I do feel "scam" might be an appropriate word to use in this situation (even though I haven't used that terminology). The only communication he had with me when this started going down was him deceiving me to think he was "going to make things right" (his words). I didn't say anything publicly, the auctions ended, and then he totally quit responding. So, call it what you want, his actions were chicken crap and cowardly. Period.

I have had 3 or 4 people reneg on deals where I was selling. When I was a noob I renegged twice iirc when I was buying. It sucks but it happens

Shees....

This is not a reneg situation... he sold them to Dmack, kept him in the loop while auctioning the same chips.

So if they sell low, then he takes the first offer and if auctions goes higher then Dmack is getting stuffed.
Not sure about you all but for me that is scamming the place.

But feel free to post you POV, it helps me weed out the people I don't do trades/sales with.
There was a time that members got more credit but after recent events i'm playing it safe.

Thank god there are still great members like @liftapint (I trust her like I trust my sister) that are willing to help out (international) chippers.

I honestly dont know your sitch. I didnt read this whole thread.

In that case please refrain from posting unnecessary content in a sensitive topic like this.
It's not about not receiving chips...it's about trust in the community.

So when you get screwed...you are not waiting on posts like 'take it private' (if the seller is not even logging in) or 'it's just a reneg' (so you can't complain) to restore that trust.

@DMack it is not 100% clear to me from your OP . . . did you get your money back? (I understand you you're still out a bunch of effort to borrow, set up an account, etc.)

Shees....

This is not a reneg situation... he sold them to Dmack, kept him in the loop while auctioning the same chips.

So if they sell low, then he takes the first offer and if auctions goes higher then Dmack is getting stuffed.
Not sure about you all but for me that is scamming the place.

But feel free to post you POV, it helps me weed out the people I don't do trades/sales with.
There was a time that members got more credit but after recent events i'm playing it safe.

Thank god there are still great members like @liftapint (I trust her like I trust my sister) that are willing to help out (international) chippers.

While this may be exactly what happened, all any of us can do at this point is assume. @DMack what was the agreed upon sale price for the chips in said situation? That will help begin to answer the question.

In that case please refrain from posting unnecessary content in a sensitive topic like this.
It's not about not receiving chips...it's about trust in the community.

So when you get screwed...you are not waiting on posts like 'take it private' (if the seller is not even logging in) or 'it's just a reneg' (so you can't complain) to restore that trust.

Couldn't have said it better myself. In an online community like this, all we have is the trust and integrity of the members. We are all spending our hard earned cash on a hobby that we love, and mostly using a payment method that removes any protection or recourse if things go bad. We trust that the person on the other end of the deal is honest and will do what they said they were going to do. Even though it sounds like @DMack isnt out any $$, this appears to have been a transaction lacking good faith, and no communication by the seller afterwards is unacceptable.

Sorry but renege and scam are not interchangeable.

renege = go back on a promise (to sell @DMack chips)

And that's what appears happened unless @DMack says otherwise.
This is my take on it exactly. If he reneged on the sale, he can be called out for it, bashed for it, and people probably don’t want to make deals with him anymore. But if he didn’t take a buck from anybody, I don’t think banning is appropriate.
Give him the feedback he deserves, for everybody to see, and call it a day.

And for the record: I'm not defending -- or condemming -- anybody.

I simply don't have the facts surrounding both sides of the situation to make a determination either way. And neither does anybody else, except the two principle parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom