Artwork time! (1 Viewer)

thanks but it doesnt flow too well off the tongue..
maybe.. 'Grand Palais card room' with a picture of the galloping horses? totally just throwing out random thoughts on this haha
kvefr1164p.jpg

'Conciergerie Card room'

kvefr1088p.jpg

If have seen it, la Tour Eiffel is probably the least sexy thing in Paris. You may want to consider one of toulouse lautrec's poster prints, such as Jane Avril

jane-avril-1893.jpg

I've been using this as a card marker lately. I liked the slashes of color on the tower:

IMG_1175.jpg

Although having said that, I think la Tour Eiffel is a bit overplayed design-wise. Instead of a specific monument or building, I'd rather see a more generic "French scene" kind of thing, like a beret and a bottle of wine on a café table, or baguettes and a bowl of café au lait, something like that.

"La Boulangerie" ;)

thanks for all the suggestions..

Something feels good about the 'Grand Palais' theme with the galloping horses. its in the lead right now I think but still have a few more days to come up with something different/better.
Would like to finalize my artwork ideas by weeks end then let J5 go at it all next week. Submit order by end of Nov. Still would like to tinker around with colors and spots slightly too.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I'm not totally sure how to respond to this. I think maybe this thread could've done without it.

Back to your chips, Spike. I'm wondering if you're dead-set on using the same spot configuration for the middle two chips? Obviously they're your chips and you do with them as you please, but it kinda throws me off personally.

Moscow. I was not barking at your input. I was barking at kingzillas post lol.. ;)

ya thats a sweet arse castle. Could do some serious wallet/keys losing in there... Just not sure how the castle would look on a chip though. Great idea in theory but unless its faded in the background I dont see how it will fit.
But its still a cool idea to play with over the next week or so

an update. I have been going nuts trying to figure this one out. Its like a tattoo... permanent! Dont wanna mess it up.

But I have thought about seriously going with a Bourbon St theme now. The french theme is done a lot and predictable for the FDL. And along with how bright and colorful this set will be, I think a more appropriate theme would be the New Orleans theme.

I still would like to keep it classy and clean though.

richsomers2.jpg

Bourbon_logo_big.png

I looooooove New Orleans and Bourbon Street theme stuff. My own custom set was an imaginary place called "The Prestige" in New Orleans. (Neon trumpet logo - I will post pics later.)

Of course now I have the urge to shout "SHOW US YOUR ....uh, CHIPS!"

When I was looking at the FDL mold I was planning on a Louisiana themed set - maybe Bayou Poker Club or Creole Poker Club. I went to school in Baton Rouge and really enjoyed the food and the culture. I miss the cajun food - crawfish etouffee, jambalaya, seafood gumbo - and Mardi Gras - "laissez les bon temps rouler"

IMG_20141120_231718.jpgfine_labels_wine_labels_01_vector_154615.jpgJust a suggestion. Try a Google search of "vintage wine lables". I think you could easily find some inspiration in there. Personally I love the chateau looking theme. Basically anything you do here using a sepia look will look amazing. But you may want to use softer tones for edge spots.

When I was looking at the FDL mold I was planning on a Louisiana themed set - maybe Bayou Poker Club or Creole Poker Club. I went to school in Baton Rouge and really enjoyed the food and the culture. I miss the cajun food - crawfish etouffee, jambalaya, seafood gumbo - and Mardi Gras - "laissez les bon temps rouler"

thanks.. I am either thinking Creole Card Club or The Bayou Room etc. Something like that. I have found plenty of sweet logos on google image search when I type 'creole logos' or Bayou creole logs and so forth. Should have plenty to work with there

I have made my mind up. Keeping with the french vibe, I am choosing 'Deja Vu' . I just not sure how to finish it yet.

Deja Vu Room? Deja Vu Lounge? Le Deja Vu? etc..

But its getting down to deadline and this idea shot to mind out of nowhere. I really really like it and I am going to run with it! :)

I have made my mind up. Keeping with the french vibe, I am choosing 'Deja Vu' . I just not sure how to finish it yet.

But its getting down to deadline and this idea shot to mind out of nowhere. I really really like it and I am going to run with it! :)

Chewing on it, but it feels like their needs to be a tag line about running it twice somewhere in here

I've already seen that theme.

;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom