Are you mad generous, rich AF, or both? (1 Viewer)

Hahaha I thought the topless dealers comment was in jest. Didn’t realize you were serious. Don’t they get cold? :wow:
I supply these
Screenshot_20200918-192706_Chrome.jpg

The risk of lady members reading this derailed thread will not allow any profound discussion on the essential new subject (types of nipples and their reaction to different environments).:(
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You all should know, there is always an open seat in my games. Well someday when the games can start up again . . . :(

You would think six pounds of pecan crusted chicken fingers would last. But, you would be wrong. They ate everything. The cobbler with ice cream. The chips and salsa. the green beans.

And my sweet wife? She got up around midnight and made home made biscuits with fried shaved ham & cheddar sliders to feed the hungry horde. They ate all that too.

Good times -=- DrStrange

maybe I can join a game one time when I come visit my daughter at Texas State

If the OP is asking how much we spend hosting and why so much, I have to ask the OP what he has been doing wrong for most of his life.

I will admit, the first time I hosted I bought all the supplies. It wasn't cheap but I don't mind. My buddies are worth it to me. Once my buddies saw I had a hot dog roller and nacho cheese dispenser for my poker games, everybody started bringing stuff they wanted. I never asked anyone to, they just did. One guy wanted to try taquitos on the roller. It worked out good the first time. Now there are three boxes of them in the freezer in my poker room. Don't know where they came from, just glad to have them on poker nights. Another guy works at a bread maker place (not naming it to keep his cover good) and I never paid for rolls again. Bags of tortilla chips fill a chunk of my pantry. I don't know where they came from, and neither does my other half. And I can't remember the last time I had to go buy beer. I made a place for my friends to come to and have a good time, and they took care of the details.

Hosting is a labor of love.

as far as "expected" the easy way i fix that is make it clear what your prepared to do on the invite.

You need to set the expectation. Problem Solved.

I don't host our live games, a good friend of mine does. I do, however, supply all chips and cards. This is mostly due to my fascination with all things poker. I don't wish to play with paper cards and I don't want to play with slug chips. Plus, what else am I going to do with all my expensive poker chips?

Now, during the pandemic, I host our online poker mavens server. I paid for all of it: the poker mavens license, the ssl certificate, the domain name, the GoDaddy website, etc. I was even paying for a cloud based virtual machine every month, but found that running it on a virtual machine on my home network worked just as well (even better as I can control the resources allocated to the server), and I can save $30/month. If my Internet goes down, so does the game, but alas I can't keep paying for a hosted server for the extremely remote chance that my ISP would have a blip during a session. It has never happened even once yet. (crosses fingers).

I'm happy to shoulder the costs since I love playing poker--and I am up a fair bit since the pandemic started :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom