Auction Aransas Queen Complete Roulette Set 1200 chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$657

**FULL DISCLOSURE FOR TRANSPARENCY: I am part of the group that bought the whole boatload of Aransas Queen chips. For the roulette sets, we agreed as a group to split set 1 and auction set 2 (this set). I am acting alone in my bid and do not have any additional information on these roulette chips other than what has already been disclosed to this forum**

$657

**FULL DISCLOSURE FOR TRANSPARENCY: I am part of the group that bought the whole boatload of Aransas Queen chips. For the roulette sets, we agreed as a group to split set 1 and auction set 2 (this set). I am acting alone in my bid and do not have any additional information on these roulette chips other than what has already been disclosed to this forum**

Congrats! I’ll follow up to get details on shipping.

So you're bidding on something that you are selling as part of a group ? Does that mean you get a percentage of the winning bid ?

It was not discussed, but I assume that the answer is yes. I “pay” myself a pro rata percentage of the proceeds. At the same time I “lose” the pro rata percentage that I would have received from a sale to another party.

It was not discussed, but I assume that the answer is yes. I “pay” myself a pro rata percentage of the proceeds. At the same time I “lose” the pro rata percentage that I would have received from a sale to another party.
IMO you should have purchased these directly from the group. I had considered bidding on these but not against one of the sellers. Although you were acting alone in your bid it still appears that your bids value is a percentage of what you really bid.

Congrats on the purchase.

Last edited:
Thanks, and I appreciate your perspective on this. I agree that my bid on the last day was not ideal. As a group, we had discussed the value of the roulettes, and had no idea on how to price them - thus these were put up for auction to determine a fair market value.

From a $ out of wallet perspective, I am still paying the full value out of my pockets. My prior expectation was to receive a % of the proceeds, and now I do not receive those proceeds - so the total impact to my wallet is the same as it would be for another buyer. After I put in my bid initial bid, raising the last price by less then $10, I upped my bid in $1 increments (until the last $2 increment) to avoid the perception that I was trying to bid these up for the purpose of bidding these up.

I’m excited to have won this auction - tentative plan is a potential mill / relabel for tournament set and releasing the racks that I do not plan on using.

Thanks, and I appreciate your perspective on this. I agree that my bid on the last day was not ideal. As a group, we had discussed the value of the roulettes, and had no idea on how to price them - thus these were put up for auction to determine a fair market value.

From a $ out of wallet perspective, I am still paying the full value out of my pockets. My prior expectation was to receive a % of the proceeds, and now I do not receive those proceeds - so the total impact to my wallet is the same as it would be for another buyer. After I put in my bid initial bid, raising the last price by less then $10, I upped my bid in $1 increments (until the last $2 increment) to avoid the perception that I was trying to bid these up for the purpose of bidding these up.

I’m excited to have won this auction - tentative plan is a potential mill / relabel for tournament set and releasing the racks that I do not plan on using.

It still stopped me from bidding on these since they were nice roulette chips with great hot stamps. It still appeared like you were getting a better deal. Anyway good luck but those would have made a great roulette set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom